Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

Arrived around 11 tipped two different longshoreman as the first one left our bags at the curb. I like to watch them loaded onto a cart. We tried to get his attention again but were unsuccessful. Another longshoreman came over and took our bags directly to the bag drop.
aThe rooms were ready upon boarding although I found out later that some were told 1:00pm. There weren’t any big changes but I’m ok with that. Matt H pointed out in his video blog that there is a  usb connection on the tv. Is thatnew to this sailing? Dropped our stuff and headed with DH to get his FlowRider waiver and test. Height restrictions for FlowRider in the attached photos. New FlowRider setup, as one of the FR veterans pointed out, had no back aisle. It now goes right to the back wall (recirculating water?).

Shower behind the FlowRider viewing stand looks new. Viewing platform looks like it had a power wash as it has no stains  and has a less smooth feel.
 There’s also a frequent loop about FlowRider safety and technique on the stateroom tv. 

5697AEC5-A873-471F-9142-2F8E7B2398A1.jpeg

061B6716-A27E-4B18-8D55-D562BA91814F.jpeg

329F52DD-3B35-41C0-ABBB-B029CBB2F17D.jpeg

1B494782-0B09-417A-8620-0FB5C059BDD9.jpeg

CC6CBB47-230E-42D2-9EE3-6DB3AF913B4F.jpeg

9F4B9A40-C2FA-496C-9E3C-68789401C1F1.jpeg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mafig said:

Neeny, when you say "there aren't any big changes, but I'm OK with that..." what do you mean?  In the cabin?  If so,, does it look at least freshened up?

It looks clean to me and I veer on the germaphobe side. The Usb is new to me as is that forceful shower head in the bathroom.  I didn’t notice them on Allure or Harmony. The carpet, phone, furniture and bed all look same as I remember.

• Like 1

A few things I found interesting:

Washing stations near El Loco Fresh

Lovely tiles there too

Ummm not very hygienic serviette dispenser

Diet Coke can from Italy

Teem Club patio

Hot Sauces from El Loco Fresh

2313FB0B-3BCF-4A8C-8F6B-65CDF6F809DF.jpeg

5E7122F6-25B6-488F-9FC1-882F91A9E9D2.jpeg

C40A206A-B635-43B5-BFF2-43CDB60095BD.jpeg

042B562C-F783-442D-BE31-0CEEAC257A41.jpeg

0259CF7D-0786-4DD2-9E7C-A49E89867C58.jpeg

A4CC1836-EA40-4FC8-ADAF-D20512A7B505.jpeg

7 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

Arrived around 11 tipped two different longshoreman as the first one left our bags at the curb. I like to watch them loaded onto a cart. We tried to get his attention again but were unsuccessful. Another longshoreman came over and took our bags directly to the bag drop.
aThe rooms were ready upon boarding although I found out later that some were told 1:00pm. There weren’t any big changes but I’m ok with that. Matt H pointed out in his video blog that there is a  usb connection on the tv. Is thatnew to this sailing? Dropped our stuff and headed with DH to get his FlowRider waiver and test. Height restrictions for FlowRider in the attached photos. New FlowRider setup, as one of the FR veterans pointed out, had no back aisle. It now goes right to the back wall (recirculating water?).

Shower behind the FlowRider viewing stand looks new. Viewing platform looks like it had a power wash as it has no stains  and has a less smooth feel.
 There’s also a frequent loop about FlowRider safety and technique on the stateroom tv. 

329F52DD-3B35-41C0-ABBB-B029CBB2F17D.jpeg

My son was very happy to see how they extended the flowrider.  This should eliminate some of the hard impacts into the back wall.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steverenee said:

any info on the current onboard entertainment would be GREAT. Our cruise is in February !!

enjoy 😀

Will be onboard in 2 weeks, Show production:   Cats, 2 different Comedy club shows, One Sky, Frozen in Time,, Aqua80s,  and usually a Headliner. We originally had a Proibition Party,for a small fee  but it was cancelled. 

Edited by Missymo
  • Thanks 1