Oasis Amped Nov 24-Dec 1: Somewhat Live Review and Getting Ship Shape

Neeny12

9 hours ago, soremekun said:

@Neeny12

Have you been in the solarium yet?  

Have you used your phone to open the stateroom door and change the TV channel?

Have you tried playing the boardwalk games on your phone?

Have you tried X-ray vision?

We walked through the Solarium to get to the new sun deck in front of it. Looks like it has newer loungers and other newer seating. I didn’t get a picture inside but it’s similar to the outside furniture including these large group circular sofas.

I did successfully use the app to open the door. You have to go to Settings for the app and Enable Digital Key. I did this on an iPhone so not sure about other devices. I didn’t try the tv yet. 
I haven’t tried the games yet but you download the ones you want and then point your phone’s camera at the corresponding Boardwalk poster.
I’ve  tried xray vision on another cruise and had a view of the bridge but I don’t think  it was a live view. 

5E3C73A2-86E4-416D-9F45-6CD9E3DFE5C8.jpeg

13BFFCE4-D0F9-4A94-AB30-C6BDD0D4B7AE.png

9A74FC2E-92CB-4846-8657-14C9CC1B93E0.png

63A04661-07F1-436A-9200-64402558CA6C.png

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

My son was very happy to see how they extended the flowrider.  This should eliminate some of the hard impacts into the back wall.

One of the FR veterans said it’s a smoother ride on the new surface.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Missymo said:

Will be onboard in 2 weeks, Show production:   Cats, 2 different Comedy club shows, One Sky, Frozen in Time,, Aqua80s,  and usually a Headliner. We originally had a Proibition Party,for a small fee  but it was cancelled. 

THANKS -  should be a great time  !! 😀

4 hours ago, molly361 said:

I read the CC review and they say it seems more crowned that that class of ship has been before.  Have you noticed that?  

If you meant crowded, then I don’t think I agree with that at all. At least not the areas I have been. MDR 3rd deck had lots of empty tables on the first night.  The Promenade, Pub and Schooner bar didn’t seem crowded. It’s the first night so we’ll see what happens later in the cruise.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Neeny12 said:

061B6716-A27E-4B18-8D55-D562BA91814F.jpeg

1B494782-0B09-417A-8620-0FB5C059BDD9.jpeg

CC6CBB47-230E-42D2-9EE3-6DB3AF913B4F.jpeg

Yes that shower is new on Oasis.  On Harmony and Symphony I often use it to cool down while waiting in the line, when the sun is hot.  I noticed the bleacher seats on a FB page as well and noted it.  They won't have to refinish them anymore.  The floor drain on the stairs is new to me.  I haven't seen that on any of the Oasis Class sister ships.

17 hours ago, FlowBroTy said:

@Neeny12 Did They Added Restrooms Near The Wave? 

If they did, which I hope, they could be on either side of the bar.  If like Harmony and Symphony they will be a one stall unit.  

If not see said shower above.  Joking folks, totally joking. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 11/22/2019 at 1:04 PM, John&LaLa said:

As of yesterday,  we still couldnt see or book entertainment on the Jan 12 Oasis

We are sailing this date as well.  I called Royal Caribbean.  They said the entertainment may not be available until we actually board.  I anticipate a mad rush and a nightmare

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, FlowBroTy said:

@Neeny12 Did They Added Restrooms Near The Wave? 

Sadly no they did not. You still have to hike over to the pool area.

See photos 😟 One is still a crew area snd the other is the waiver desk.

BTW: BOB will be tough this week bcs there’s lots of talent. 😉🏄🏻‍♂️🏄🏽‍♀️

7A810151-4099-45B0-96A4-4824F537B7FF.jpeg

F1EDBD5F-7D70-4BF2-85D2-0A140C6D135F.jpeg

By any chance are there elevators that go from the check in area to the boarding area of the ship or do passengers

still have to go up walkway ramps ?  My husband is mobility challenged in traversing the ramps.  before asking

for a w/c to board, wanted to get a perspective from those who have boarded.  TIA.

2 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

By any chance are there elevators that go from the check in area to the boarding area of the ship or do passengers

still have to go up walkway ramps ?  My husband is mobility challenged in traversing the ramps.  before asking

for a w/c to board, wanted to get a perspective from those who have boarded.  TIA.

I only saw the ramp. 

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

On Symphony, the ramp was practically flat. 

Long, but flat 😉

That would be doable most likely.  Will try to call & see if anyone REALLY knows at RC.  LOL !!

Maybe special needs would have the best idea.

27 minutes ago, sdrocks said:

That would be doable most likely.  Will try to call & see if anyone REALLY knows at RC.  LOL !!

Maybe special needs would have the best idea.

I would err on the side of caution and get wheel chair assistance to take your husband on to the ship. Yesterday I used a cane to get on and still found it tricky especially with the number of people on the ramp.With some mobility issues one doesn’t always have the agility to sidestep or get out of someone else’s path. At the end of the ramp, there is a very small, narrow bridge ramp that was tricky as someone was standing where I needed to hold on.  🙄 I also ordered a walker from Special Needs at Sea and they delivered it to our cabin and will pick it up there after the cruise. I am so happy I did that because the amount of walking I used to do on a ship is now very difficult and involves a bit more planning so I can rest more. Also using a cane affects my gait and results in a sore upper quadricep muscle and hip joint.  I had a knee replacement 6 months ago and due to complications, it’s been a slow recovery. 

76F92DED-535C-4974-B94E-701D63EE75AC.jpeg

Edited by Neeny12

12 minutes ago, Tee & Chilli said:

Are the games on the app? Thank you

Access to the games are on the app, but you have to scan a poster at the boardwalk to start the game. I haven’t been to the boardwalk yet so I will let you know when I do.

Interesting dress code

Dynamic dining room names removed from all dining rooms (Silk, The Grand, and American Icon). New lighter look carpet.

Lactose Free instead of milk free? It’s tricky getting no milk unless you do the vegan menu. I don’t recommend the vegan falafel as they were so dry that I choked. The asparagus and white bean hummus were good. I get to pre-select (severe lactose intolerance) so I chose steak for tonight’s dinner.

D45B1115-C12E-43D8-BAAD-E21368F840C3.jpeg

0CE815AD-612D-4711-A91A-A7118267767B.jpeg

F1D8D6EA-CF6C-4DD2-8BFC-B595930D074E.jpeg

0412E19F-524C-4957-9ECC-E6250FC2380C.jpeg

2585EFC1-E551-4A33-84A1-4F3EC59B95F4.jpeg

Catching some sun on our balcony. Some guests were continuously yelling over me to someone several chairs over. I got tired of it and came back to this lovely sunny balcony. 

🎶Some of these things belong together, but one of these things just doesn’t belong🎶 but they kindly brought it to me....

E3485EED-B262-44A7-A824-97A777F25C0B.jpeg