Serenity stateroom question

15 minutes ago, J80crew said:

I like that Crystal tells you when choosing a stateroom whether you’ll be head forward or feet forward, but how can I tell whether the bed is next to the veranda or the bathroom?

In all the verandah/balcony and non-balcony/ocean view staterooms, the bed is in the area between the bathroom and the verandah/balcony.  I suggest you look at the pictures on the website so what I wrote is completely clear to you,

Nancy

Thanks. The pictured configuration, with the seating area next to the balcony, is the one we prefer (rather than the bed next to the balcony). I didn’t realize that all staterooms were this configuration. 

2 hours ago, J80crew said:

I like that Crystal tells you when choosing a stateroom whether you’ll be head forward or feet forward, but how can I tell whether the bed is next to the veranda or the bathroom?

Where do you find which way the bed faces??

I am not  that fussed   as long as the bed is comfy 😉

1 hour ago, J80crew said:

You have to do a mock booking.  When it’s time to select your cabin, you will see in the description of the available cabins whether it is feet or head forward.  

Thanks 

I figured it by the deck plan drawing

I usually just tell my TA  what cabin or cat  I want she does her magic 😁

12 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks 

I figured it by the deck plan drawing

I usually just tell my TA  what cabin or cat  I want she does her magic 😁

Most people don't care, but I do have a client who insists he must have a "head forward" room or he will not book! Not sure why it matters, but it does to him.

Larry I have a solution to which way the bed faces.  After a couple of glasses of wine and with the gentle rocking of the ship, head direction doesn't matter to me.  😀   LOL.  

With that said I do know some people who have a preference of head forward and as you mentioned they will not book a room unless the bed allows them to sleep head forward.  

J80crew, you taught me something new.  While direction is not important to me I hadn't realized that you can get the information via a mock booking until you posted.  While I have used the booking engine I never looked at the diagram.  Your post is a nice reminder that there is always something new to learn on this board and this is very useful information for those who do care about which way the bed faces before they have contacted their TA and/or Crystal.

Keith

maybe some people feel  the motion of the ship  differently when they are facing  a different direction

I find  it  a problem when riding on the subway I cannot ride in the seats when I face the back of the train

It is  a personal thing

3 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

maybe some people feel  the motion of the ship  differently when they are facing  a different direction

I find  it  a problem when riding on the subway I cannot ride in the seats when I face the back of the train

It is  a personal thing

Apparently it can be a problem for those with motion sickness. We have a friend who starts to feel nauseous if she is facing backward to the direction of travel in any kind of vehicle. Except a ship. No problems on a ship fortunately!

6 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

It is  a personal thing

Absolutely which is why for some people it is very important including some people we know.

It is similar to location of a room.  For some people like myself location of a room is important which is why I book early and don't take  guarantees.  On the other hand there are many who will take a guarantee because room location is not a factor in their decision to book.

Keith

15 hours ago, J80crew said:

You have to do a mock booking.  When it’s time to select your cabin, you will see in the description of the available cabins whether it is feet or head forward.  

First time I noticed this was back

in July

Nancy

It may not work with all decks  on Serenity

but if you look at the deck plan you see the indentation where the doors to the cabin are located 

Usually the bed is not on the same wall as the door   so you  can see the wall  where the headboard will be

image.png.a5b15d8d04b2d2c6c0fe85939fcdec5b.png

I just went to do a mock booking and see where it is locate.  Duh right in front of me.  I realized that I had noticed it awhile back but I completely forgot.  It is Crystal Clear.  Now I just need my memory brain function to be just as clear.   😀

LOL.

Keith

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

It may not work with all decks  on Serenity

but if you look at the deck plan you see the indentation where the doors to the cabin are located 

Usually the bed is not on the same wall as the door   so you  can see the wall  where the headboard will be

image.png.a5b15d8d04b2d2c6c0fe85939fcdec5b.png

I think this is called a "D-OH!! Moment". Been in this industry, and looking at deck plans, for 15 years now and that never occurred to me until you pointed it out!! Of course in my defense, not every cruise line has deck plans that show the cut-out for the door.😉

23 minutes ago, Roland4 said:

I think this is called a "D-OH!! Moment". Been in this industry, and looking at deck plans, for 15 years now and that never occurred to me until you pointed it out!! Of course in my defense, not every cruise line has deck plans that show the cut-out for the door.😉

maybe it depends on the ship also

I know on Oceania R ships  the deck plans  do not show the door well

but on their O class ships  they do

Wonder what industry  you would  not pay attention to such details  😉