Jump to content

Harmony UDP- best place to make reservations?


Recommended Posts

I have purchased the UDP for the first time and understand I have to wait until I board to make reservations. Can anyone tell me the best place to head when getting on board to take care of this quickly? Or is there a table in the terminal before boarding where you can reserve dining times for the UDP?

TIA!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd go to Izumi

 

Its off the beaten path, it's the most exclusive as far as capacity,  and it's also the best one in my opinion.  I honestly feel you have a better shot grabbing a reservation if you are standing in front of them

Edited by John&LaLa
Link to post
Share on other sites

We were on Symphony and there were long lines at every restaurant to make reservations. Except Wonderland, no one there in line and no one behind us when we finished. Hostess was wonderful as we hand 11 reservations to make.  I say we but that is not true, I waited patiently at Trellis Bar as my wife loves making arrangements and tending to details.  We were told that reservations can be made in the terminal if you are waiting to board using the  phone app, that option did not work for us. .

Edited by taglovestocruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FPP777 said:

Can the concierge make your reservations for the week prior to boarding if you are in a suite?

 

Yes on Harmony two weeks ago a friend had suite and emailed the concierge the reservations our extended party needed for the whole week and he took care of them. He was the only one with a suite but they booked the restaurants for all of us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Miggsoo3 said:

 

Yes on Harmony two weeks ago a friend had suite and emailed the concierge the reservations our extended party needed for the whole week and he took care of them. He was the only one with a suite but they booked the restaurants for all of us.

Thanks. I wont worry about it until I hear from the concierge then.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 5:53 PM, taglovestocruise said:

We were on Symphony and there were long lines at every restaurant to make reservations. Except Wonderland, no one there in line and no one behind us when we finished. Hostess was wonderful as we hand 11 reservations to make.  I say we but that is not true, I waited patiently at Trellis Bar as my wife loves making arrangements and tending to details.  We were told that reservations can be made in the terminal if you are waiting to board using the  phone app, that option did not work for us. .

We cruise in January and this is our first time doing UDP.  Am I reading this correctly that you can make all of your specialty reservations for the week at any one of the restaurants?  See, I was thinking we had to trek around to each of the restaurants we want reservations at, and wait in line at each.  Thanks for confirming/clarifying for this newbie!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PezLori said:

We cruise in January and this is our first time doing UDP.  Am I reading this correctly that you can make all of your specialty reservations for the week at any one of the restaurants?  See, I was thinking we had to trek around to each of the restaurants we want reservations at, and wait in line at each.  Thanks for confirming/clarifying for this newbie!

Correct.  The restaurants are linked and you can make all your reservations for the week at one restaurant 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There was also a reservation stand in the promenade when we boarded.  Only 1 person in front of us so we just went there.  But yes, you can go in to any of the restaurants just after boarding and make reservations.   I recommend having them all written down and ready to go.  It only took us a minute or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/19/2019 at 9:46 PM, katemack said:

I have purchased the UDP for the first time and understand I have to wait until I board to make reservations. Can anyone tell me the best place to head when getting on board to take care of this quickly? Or is there a table in the terminal before boarding where you can reserve dining times for the UDP?

TIA!!!

   For us naïve one's out there...….what is UDP?

Skip

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2019 at 5:20 PM, FPP777 said:

Can the concierge make your reservations for the week prior to boarding if you are in a suite?

Yes, Mohamed on Harmony changed all of my reservations for me.  His email arrived the week prior to the cruise and I emailed him back the same evening.  No problem.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...