Where can I find my OBC in my Reservation?

geocruiser

Log into My Account on the HAL website, then go to Manage Payments.  It should be listed on the right hand side under each Guest.  Note that if your booking is with a TA, you will not be able to access Manage Payments and won't be able to see your OBC.

Edited by Alberta Quilter

13 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

Log into My Account on the HAL website, then go to Manage Payments.  It should be listed on the right hand side under each Guest.  Note that if your booking is with a TA, you will not be able to access Manage Payments and won't be able to see your OBC.

Thanks.  I did use a TA, so I can not see them.  I am use to Princess, where I can see my OBC even if I use a TA.

30 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Thanks.  I did use a TA, so I can not see them.  I am use to Princess, where I can see my OBC even if I use a TA.

Same issue here, former Princess cruiser. We used a discount travel agency aligned with a well-known national organization for retired folks and I could not find anything about my OBC or my shareholder OBC on HAL's site. I also could not find anywhere to pay for our airfare, which we booked through HAL's Flightease, because their price blew away the T/A's.

HAL told me to call the TA, which I did, and they walked me through all the promotions and OBC we are due. I also was finally able to get a balance due on the airfare and instruction on how to pay for it. The TA had no information on the purchased air and had to call HAL to find out how to handle it. It took about 45 minutes on the phone to get it straightened out.

There appears to be a disconnect between HAL and the TA. I suspect it's HAL's doing. I don't think they like it much when you book with an TA. The lady I spoke with at HAL Flightease was not particularly helpful and simply said to call the TA, even though I booked the air with HAL. 

Edited by TriumphGuy

3 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

Same issue here, former Princess cruiser. We used a discount travel agency aligned with a well-known national organization for retired folks and I could not find anything about my OBC or my shareholder OBC on HAL's site. I also could not find anywhere to pay for our airfare, which we booked through HAL's Flightease, because their price blew away the T/A's.

HAL told me to call the TA, which I did, and they walked me through all the promotions and OBC we are due. I also was finally able to get a balance due on the airfare and instruction on how to pay for it. The TA had no information on the purchased air and had to call HAL to find out how to handle it. It took about 45 minutes on the phone to get it straightened out.

There appears to be a disconnect between HAL and the TA. I suspect it's HAL's doing. I don't think they like it much when you book with an TA. The lady I spoke with at HAL Flightease was not particularly helpful and simply said to call the TA, even though I booked the air with HAL. 

HAL is actually happy to have you book with a travel agency. However, once you do HAL is paying them to handle your reservation, including air fare, so it is the Travel Agency's responsibility to handle your requests. Seem fair to me since that is what the TA is getting paid to do.

31 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Our TA gives us a detailed list of the various shipboard credit that we are due.  I make a couple of extra copies to take along with us.

She did give us a list.  But I can't find it.  Will call her today.

16 hours ago, TriumphGuy said:

Domestic or international flight?

8 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Our TA gives us a detailed list of the various shipboard credit that we are due.  I make a couple of extra copies to take along with us.

When I buy things (OBC) etc throught the HAL website I save the confirmation email in a folder on my phone.  Haven't had to use it yet but if saves me more paperwork!

3 hours ago, wyobean said:

My reservation through a big box TA lists everything under “Included Extras”. The OBC from them, OBC from the cruise line including my stockholder OBC and anything else like prepaid gratuities, beverage package, etc. 

Well that is a mystery to me. I handle the OBC and the Big Box does not know about it. Just added OBC for a cruise over Xmas, don't expect to see anymore paperwork. How do you arrange stockholder OBC before you make a reservation so that it shows on your confirmation ?

1 minute ago, aa7yy said:

Well that is a mystery to me. I handle the OBC and the Big Box does not know about it. Just added OBC for a cruise over Xmas, don't expect to see anymore paperwork. How do you arrange stockholder OBC before you make a reservation so that it shows on your confirmation ?

I did not think you could do this.

14 hours ago, richwmn said:

HAL is actually happy to have you book with a travel agency. However, once you do HAL is paying them to handle your reservation, including air fare, so it is the Travel Agency's responsibility to handle your requests. Seem fair to me since that is what the TA is getting paid to do.

But when I call the TA he has to get HAL on the line to make any changes. 🙄

I am not sure I understand the confusion. We book normally while onboard. It automatically gets transferred to our Big Box TA. I send in my request for the stockholder OBC and everything shows up on my confirmation. This is what shows on my current reservation...the $650 includes my stockholder OBC. This is a second confirmation from them...after I added the stockholder OBC.

$425.00 Shipboard Credit
• The shipboard credit amount is per stateroom and may be used during the cruise for shore excursions, spa treatments, specialty dining, beverages and more. Shipboard credit offered by Big Box TA is not available to view prior to travel on the cruise line’s website, or during your online check in. You will receive the shipboard credit in your personal onboard account by the second night of sailing. The value of the shipboard credit is determined by the base cruise fare for the stateroom category booked. Offer is nontransferable.
Bonus Shipboard Credit and More
• $650.00 Bonus Shipboard Credit (Inside, Ocean-view, Balcony, Suite)
Member Benefits and Added Values:
• Complimentary shipboard gratuities for two

Edited by wyobean

3 hours ago, aa7yy said:

You can't arrange stockholder OBC without a booking number.  The stockholder OBC will eventually show up on your Big Box cruise confirmation.....not the HAL confirmation.    I always ask for a return confirmation when I apply for the shareholder credit.  I print it and take it with me.  Somehow the Big Box eventually combines it with any other nonrefundable OBC and lists it separately from their refundable OBC.