Steward service

robindina

1 hour ago, robindina said:

Just curious.  

On ncl Ncl we had twice a day service,    On carnival we had once a day service.     What does RCL do?  Do they have towel animals?     Can you opt to just have every other day or no service?  

You got hosed on Carnival. They still provide twice a day service but are supposed to offer you once or twice a day service. For your convenience of course.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

You got hosed on Carnival. They still provide twice a day service but are supposed to offer you once or twice a day service. For your convenience of course.

The steward on carnival asked if we wanted twice a day and we told him no, evening  only. 

Royal offers morning and evening room cleaning/servicing.  

If you don't want service, just tell your room steward, or leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

I often don't go to bed until 4am or later, and then sleep until noon with my Do Not Disturb magnet on the door, so I explain to my room steward on the first day to just leave me extra towels in the bathroom every day in case they can't access the room for servicing on a particular day. 

(I also explain that their gratuities will not be affected, nor will they be reported to their supervisor for not servicing the room twice a day -- it's at my request and for my convenience/benefit and will not have a negative effect on them in any form.)

Towel animals are generally only provided on Formal Nights (or if you have small children, more often) -- but if it's a big deal for you, just mention it to your room steward.  

We were on Adventure last March. My adult son brought his (first time cruiser) girlfriend with him. We received towel animals on the first and his girlfriend loved it. The next night we didn't get them. We asked the room steward to make sure she got one each night. He told us they were not allowed to make them every night, even if requested. They were only allowed to make them every other night.

1 minute ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We were on Adventure last March. My adult son brought his (first time cruiser) girlfriend with him. We received towel animals on the first and his girlfriend loved it. The next night we didn't get them. We asked the room steward to make sure she got one each night. He told us they were not allowed to make them every night, even if requested. They were only allowed to make them every other night.

I suspect this kind of thing varies based on Executive Housekeeper policy.

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

If you don't want service, just tell your room steward, or leave the Do Not Disturb sign on the door.

I often don't go to bed until 4am or later, and then sleep until noon with my Do Not Disturb magnet on the door, so I explain to my room steward on the first day to just leave me extra towels in the bathroom every day in case they can't access the room for servicing on a particular day. 

(I also explain that their gratuities will not be affected, nor will they be reported to their supervisor for not servicing the room twice a day -- it's at my request and for my convenience/benefit and will not have a negative effect on them in any form.)

Towel animals are generally only provided on Formal Nights (or if you have small children, more often) -- but if it's a big deal for you, just mention it to your room steward.  

Same.

I advise the steward upon meeting him/her that they do not need to make towel animals for us.

26 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I suspect this kind of thing varies based on Executive Housekeeper policy.

Really?  Sounds like an employee throwing out some lame response to me honestly; sets the detector off if you know what I mean.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

If you accept once a day service do they reduce the daily gratuity?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

No, not by default.  Their oafish corporate Pinata for years has been saying that the attendants are supposed to offer guests a menu to check off (extra pillows, robes, blankets) (am/pm/both services).  On multiple CCL ships over past 4 years have never been given this menu; attendants have always asked if I wanted morning OR night.  I always reply "The standard twice daily is good here, thank you" 

7 hours ago, brillohead said:

We are the same way, we stay up late and sleep in... we will make sure to tell them that gratuities will not be effected.   

• Like 1

If you do not want one of the services, let your steward know.

If you just put out the Do Not Disturb, they need to hang around to see if you take it down.  Otherwise, they can go and do other things.

As for towel animals, my SO loves them, and when asked, we have gotten them every night.

15 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

No it's still the same. Some days we have them come in once and occasionally not at all for the day.

I also love the towel animals, but I have never asked for them. I know they can be busy so I don't want to add to that. When they show up in the room it's a treat.

Edited by ReneeFLL