Carnival Horizon forward or bow area

beshears

We have booked a room at the end/forward/bow of the ship.  If you have ever had a room at that end, would you give me YOUR pros/cons of having a room there? When looking at what might be directly below us on one of the other decks was the main theater.

Cmptrwiz, thank you for your response to my question.  I just didn't know if it would be easy access to the different areas of the ship, but more than likely being in a room in the middle of the ship would probably have been better, but that is OK for us this time. 🙂

We booked a spa balcony room on the 14th deck of the Vista back in October very far forward.

The room was great and the spa access was a definite plus, 

The fact that only two elevators went to the 14th and 15th floors was a big negative during the whole cruise. Most of the time we went down/up the stairs from 14 to 12 just to access more elevators.

Edited by dan4182

I don't know the layout of the specific area of the ship you will be on, but one time on the Ecstasy we were far forward of Empress deck. We were actually the first cabin on the starboard side of the vessel. There was quite a bit of traffic as a few doors down from our cabin was a guest laundry area (we were on a 7 day cruise so a lot of folks had to wash clothes) and also the door for crew to go to a break area.

The room wasn't any noisier than any others - but check to see what's nearby your room as the far forward/aft areas seem to be where utilities like crew break areas, laundry facilities, etc., are in at least some cases.