Jump to content

Club Orange for Neptunes - Nieuw Amsterdam


Recommended Posts

We are in a Neptune in a few weeks on the Nieuw Amsterdam and I was wondering what to expect with getting Club Orange added on.  It seems that being Neptunes we get most of the items anyway (we are familiar with the Neptune perks), but was wondering if we should be aware of anything extra?  

 

Also, we have Early Fixed dining, so will we be assigned a Club Orange area table or just the normal ones?

 

Thanks

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that the only perk you will see (because you aren't on a Pinnacle ship) is the extra entree at dinner. And a special line at the front desk, which you don't need because of the concierge. And a special line at the shore excursion desk.

 

I think you'll probably be seated in the fixed dining area and the waiter will just give you the special CO menu. When I was on the K in a NS this past winter, CO was very new. As a solo, I did not want to have dinner alone in CO. I wanted the large table early fixed dining that was supposedly confirmed. So I went to the concierge and she arranged for me to have the MDR dinner. I was upstairs in the fixed dining area at a nice table for 6. I did not get the extra entree choice, but I don't think that was part of the deal at that point.  I did still have breakfast in CO. So I had sort of a hybrid experience, but it was what I wanted. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were recently on the Veendam in a Neptune Suite.  A few nights there was an additional entree on the menu.  Also, we had early fixed seating and the Concierge said that if we ever didn't want to eat that early that we could just show up to the dining room at any time and get into the Club Orange line.  Not sure how it works out as we never did it, but it was nice to know that it was an option.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually asked our PCC as we are in a Neptune for 2 weeks soon on the Oosterdam.  He said as above-all Orange perks apply to Neptune suites. We never take set dining so we shall see what happens-normally we go at off hours to the MDR but may test it out!  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We had Neptune Suite last week on Eurodam and had already requested early fixed dining.  We were assigned a table with non Club Orange diners and were given a separate menu (white cover) with an extra entree and maybe appetizer.  No big deal.  I prefer fixed dining because I don’t like to wait to be taken to a table.  We had delightful dining companions and a wonderful wait staff.  If we had not liked our assignment we could have followed the Club Orange signs.  I don’t think CO had a separate dining area.   The first night I asked our server about the CO menu, otherwise we probably would not have received it.   Again, no big deal.  

 

We used the CO line at the customer service desk twice and never had to wait for assistance.  👍

 

Pinnacle Dining room was wonderful for breakfast and we usually snacked in the Neptune Lounge for a light lunch.

 

Disembarkation was amazingly easy in San Diego.

 

Have a great cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oaktreerb said:

We had Neptune Suite last week on Eurodam and had already requested early fixed dining.  We were assigned a table with non Club Orange diners and were given a separate menu (white cover) with an extra entree and maybe appetizer.  No big deal.  I prefer fixed dining because I don’t like to wait to be taken to a table.  We had delightful dining companions and a wonderful wait staff.  If we had not liked our assignment we could have followed the Club Orange signs.  I don’t think CO had a separate dining area.   The first night I asked our server about the CO menu, otherwise we probably would not have received it.   Again, no big deal.  

 

We used the CO line at the customer service desk twice and never had to wait for assistance.  👍

 

Pinnacle Dining room was wonderful for breakfast and we usually snacked in the Neptune Lounge for a light lunch.

 

Disembarkation was amazingly easy in San Diego.

 

Have a great cruise.

Thanks - I will ask for the menu if they do not give it to me.  One more thing, are there any special CO events or parties?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks - I will ask for the menu if they do not give it to me.  One more thing, are there any special CO events or parties?

 

Good question. According to the HAL site, there is one special event for CO, but the Neptune/Pinnacle guests don't get that. Haven't seen much about that in the discussion of CO, so please report back. 

 

Enjoy your cruise!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere I read that the "special event" for CO guests was at the Captain's discretion. Of course NS guests get special meet and greets, etc not open to CO guests. PS guests are invited to a personally escorted extended behind the scenes ship tour. A lot happens on the ship while most guests are completely unaware. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Somewhere I read that the "special event" for CO guests was at the Captain's discretion. Of course NS guests get special meet and greets, etc not open to CO guests. PS guests are invited to a personally escorted extended behind the scenes ship tour. A lot happens on the ship while most guests are completely unaware. 

 

Yes, I read about Captain's discretion, too. I think they do that to allow flexibility depending on the size of the CO group.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just boarded the Koningsdam today in a Neptune Suite. We, too, always ask for fixed dining. We enjoy meeting new people. You know how your key card usually has your table number? Ours only said club orange. Also, a letter in our cabin said club orange was for suite passengers only. Apparently we were being forced to be snobs and eat only with suite passengers at dinner. We had to insist on a fixed table in the main dining room. And no more pinnacle for breakfast. That was my favorite perk! I am not a morning person and dislike the crowded noisy Lido on this ship.  I'll try Club Orange for breakfast, but it does not look inviting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hhagatha said:

Just boarded the Koningsdam today in a Neptune Suite. We, too, always ask for fixed dining. We enjoy meeting new people. You know how your key card usually has your table number? Ours only said club orange. Also, a letter in our cabin said club orange was for suite passengers only. Apparently we were being forced to be snobs and eat only with suite passengers at dinner. We had to insist on a fixed table in the main dining room. And no more pinnacle for breakfast. That was my favorite perk! I am not a morning person and dislike the crowded noisy Lido on this ship.  I'll try Club Orange for breakfast, but it does not look inviting.

 

I did the same thing. Got my dining arrangements changed back to early fixed in the MDR. And I did eat breakfast in CO. 

 

I wasn't told that CO is for suites only (which isn't true), but I was told that NS and PS passengers were given CO so that we would "feel special."  🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

Good question. According to the HAL site, there is one special event for CO, but the Neptune/Pinnacle guests don't get that. Haven't seen much about that in the discussion of CO, so please report back. 

 

Enjoy your cruise!

 

CLUB ORANGE SPECIAL EVENTS • Invitation to a special onboard event chosen by the ship's captain. These exclusive experiences may include a behind-the-scenes tour of the ship; a private spa and beauty consultation; a complimentary jewelry cleaning; or a coffee chat with onboard musicians, performers or cooking show hosts

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

 

Good question. According to the HAL site, there is one special event for CO, but the Neptune/Pinnacle guests don't get that. Haven't seen much about that in the discussion of CO, so please report back. 

 

Enjoy your cruise!

 

I wonder if the lack of reports on the CO special events is that only people you purchased the package got to attend and not many people bought it.  The Neptunes got it included, but perhaps no special event.

 

On our Sept. Amsterdam cruise there was a special welcome aboard party in the Crows Nest right after our 3/4/5 Star party.  I THINK it was for CLub Orange, but not certain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

🤷‍♀️

On 11/23/2019 at 9:16 AM, CruiserBruce said:

As I understand it, you get ALL of the Club Orange benefits if you are in a Neptune Suite.

 

Whether you want any or all of those benefits, they will all be yours.        😫  

 

Edited by sail7seas
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

 

On our Sept. Amsterdam cruise there was a special welcome aboard party in the Crows Nest right after our 3/4/5 Star party.  I THINK it was for CLub Orange, but not certain.

 

There is always a welcome aboard party - usually at 7:30 for Neptune Suites.  

 

did they skip that to do the other Crow’s Nest thing?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kazu said:

 

There is always a welcome aboard party - usually at 7:30 for Neptune Suites.  

 

did they skip that to do the other Crow’s Nest thing?

I do not know as I was not in a Neptune.  However, the party was at 3 PM in the Crows Nest, so I doubt it was the Neptune party.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...