Price increase for Joy Feb. 14 sailing

davencl

Expecting to see continued price decreases I noticed the Joy Feb. 14 sailing cost just went way up across the board.  From 799 to 1200 on inside. , from 4299 to 6029 on a the lowest cost Haven.   Is this typical?  I suppose it's Thanksgiving week and perhaps Christmas cruise presents are being bought???  I am on this cruise waiting to bid on an upgrade...

Majority of the time it is based on supply and demand. The 14th is Valentines Day and the 17th is Presidents Day so its not surprising the price tag is a tad higher. I am expecting most cruise prices to increase this coming week or so because of the Holidays.

The one I am watching went up as well.  US law requires that an item sell at “full price” for at least a certain amount of time (maybe a day?) within so many days of a sale in order for the sale to not be false advertising.   Setting up the “sale”. 

• Haha 1

Our cruise on the Joy for May 2nd went up higher than what we originally paid back in April. We originally booked at $1869 PP and it is now $2099 PP for the same balcony category. They may be setting it up for a big black Friday "sale". Fortunatly our group is now booked at $1449 PP and those of us that were past cruisers are at $1159.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robsmom said:

The one I am watching went up as well.  US law requires that an item sell at “full price” for at least a certain amount of time (maybe a day?) within so many days of a sale in order for the sale to not be false advertising.   Setting up the “sale”. 

From what I am reading, the next NCL sale for Thanksgiving week will begin November 25.

25 minutes ago, robsmom said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.  Amazon does this with Prime Day.  They jack up the price and then can say it’s a 50-75% discount.  The week after you find out it was closer to 15-25%.  

53 minutes ago, ronheg said:

I think it went up because there is a new lattitudes promotion.  20% off that just started today.  We booked a cruise for june 2020 where the price for a balcony increased from $9500 to $12,500 overnight 

The 20% off latitudes sale has been going on for months. I booked a cruise in July with that promo.

This cruise originally had the 20% off for latitudes.  Since I've been tracking pricing, I checked it today and saw some really hefty price upgrades.
It's because of the black friday sales next week.  All the TA's offer them...onboard credit, gratuities etc.  So NCL just hiked up pricing super high.
Since the UK doesn't pay final payment yet, bid acceptance won't start til after that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...