Wow! All three of my booked cruises just jumped 1K+

tallnthensome

I’m glad I found this thread, was also wondering what was going on. We are on the Breakaway in Feb for 7 days, been watching the price almost daily about 6 months ago balcony was $1299 been steadily going down. On Friday it all the way down to $1049 then yesterday morning jumped up to $1479. The sail away rates seem to still be low, I don’t think they moved much. 

If its 30% off the current prices, it looks my cruise is going to drop about $120 from what I paid.  What are the options after final payment if it goes down?  Do you call up for OBC?  Do you loose the perks if you do?   

So the only actual deal, if even offered tomorrow at 30% off, Is the Gem January Panama Canal.  Technically tomorrow is exactly 60 days from sailing  so it’ll be tomorrow only.  I’ve watched the prices on that since day one.  They had the  $1 deposits at one point on that sailing which might have messed with the booking algorithms.  The suites, if sold tomorrow at 30% off are definitely the lowest since initial offer.  

I couldn’t find anything else worth an effort to book or rebook.  The Alaska sailings  have shot up to a pretty proud and problematic level.  I Definitely see some great last min fire sales for Alaska this season with the off kilter current prices. It’s not so much a glut of sailings available for Alaska this year as it is the, “it’s not for sale“  ncl Alaska pricing.

Edited by littlelulu01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljo22 said:

If its 30% off the current prices, it looks my cruise is going to drop about $120 from what I paid.  What are the options after final payment if it goes down?  Do you call up for OBC?  Do you loose the perks if you do?   

After final payment, NCL has regularly been giving OBC in the amount of 25% of the price drop (no loss of perks). But they only do it once, so you need to decide when to roll the dice and ask. And depending on how much of a price drop, your cabin category, and what the inventory is, you might be offered an upgrade. 

We're booked on two cruises, in 2020 and 2021. Just yesterday I checked the prices and found that both have gone up about $500 per person. It wasn't until laying in bed last night when I realized those are the list prices, prior to the 20% Latitudes discount. Both of our discounts were right around $500. So, in reality, they didn't go up at all.

Wow- more games for NCL to play- they must have too much time on their hands at corporate. Some of us were actually trying just to look at normal cruises today- which is something other competitors seem to be offering.

Something new- a black friday sale where the product is actually more expensive!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

So the only actual deal, if even offered tomorrow at 30% off, Is the Gem January Panama Canal.  Technically tomorrow is exactly 60 days from sailing  so it’ll be tomorrow only.  I’ve watched the prices on that since day one.  They had the  $1 deposits at one point on that sailing which might have messed with the booking algorithms.  The suites, if sold tomorrow at 30% off are definitely the lowest since initial offer.  

I couldn’t find anything else worth an effort to book or rebook.  The Alaska sailings  have shot up to a pretty proud and problematic level.  I Definitely see some great last min fire sales for Alaska this season with the off kilter current prices. It’s not so much a glut of sailings available for Alaska this year as it is the, “it’s not for sale“  ncl Alaska pricing.

I definitely will be on the lookout for last minute Alaska sailings along with you ❄️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HowardK said:

Wow- more games for NCL to play- they must have too much time on their hands at corporate. Some of us were actually trying just to look at normal cruises today- which is something other competitors seem to be offering.

Something new- a black friday sale where the product is actually more expensive!

I watch RCCL prices for the Liberty out of Galveston all the time.  Every month they increase the prices for a couple of days and then have a big "sale" that takes the price back down to what I saw before.  This is not unusual for any company to do.  

Also, if the 30% is off these prices, the prices come tomorrow will be cheaper than they were on Friday before the increase.  They just need to raise the prices more than 30% before they lower it again.  If the price of a cruise was $1000/pp and they increased 30% to $1300, the 30% sale will take it down to $910.  By increasing it by 40%, they get to a number closer to the original but still a little bit of a savings.  

Edited by Liljo22

5 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

After final payment, NCL has regularly been giving OBC in the amount of 25% of the price drop (no loss of perks). But they only do it once, so you need to decide when to roll the dice and ask. And depending on how much of a price drop, your cabin category, and what the inventory is, you might be offered an upgrade. 

Thank you.  If the price comes out to what I think, its only going to be a $30 OBC.  I will take the risk and see if it drops lower later for that much.  

3 minutes ago, Liljo22 said:

Thank you.  If the price comes out to what I think, its only going to be a $30 OBC.  I will take the risk and see if it drops lower later for that much.  

Just be careful to watch the inventory of remaining cabins in the category in which you are booked.  If they are getting close to selling out, don't wait too long or you may be out of luck.  $30 OBC is better than $0 OBC.   😉

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

8 hours ago, snowmo said:

I just saw from the agency that I use that indeed the 30% does start tomorrow but to get back to the prices from a week ago, this has to be combined with the past guest 20% off offer just to get back to even. I just got off the breakaway and during the future cruise presentation, the cruise next manager said the powers to be have over estimated the demand for Alaska so expect big discounts at some point for that market. 

Wow your's must have really increased then.  Mine went up like 40% so a 30 % discount on that new, higher price, will actually save me a few bucks than what it was this past week.

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Just be careful to watch the inventory of remaining cabins in the category in which you are booked.  If they are getting close to selling out, don't wait too long or you may be out of luck.  $30 OBC is better than $0 OBC.   😉

Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

How do you check the inventory?

21 hours ago, pghflyer said:

I am going to need a 30+% BF sale that we can combine WITH the 20% Latitude discount just to get most of my watched cruises back to where they were one day ago.......

I was looking at one cruise (Breakaway 5/14/21 9 night- originally was listed at $1,749 minus the 20% for $1,399- I never reserved. It did go up to $1,899 at some point. Now it is showing $2,055 which after 30% more off (If they take the 20 first and then the 30) goes to $1,439, which is better than the recents but not as good  as before. 

8 hours ago, littlelulu01 said:

The Alaska pricing has gone bonkers. I took advantage of the 20% discount/$50 deposit to book an IB cabin (single occupancy) on one of the Jewel southbound trips. My booked fare is $1100, but a new search has that category as $1700 single occupancy for Latitudes and a bit over $2100 for non-Latitudes. Good grief.

Fingers crossed for discounts later on. Living in Seattle means feasible short-notice cruises and I'd like to take advantage of NCL's possible miscalculation!

Yeah net net, with the new "30%" sale stacked with the 20% Latitudes, I am about 4% lower price than last Friday.  Still can you imagine if any retail store tried these Shenanigans on BF (oh, that TV is now $50,000 but we are having a 97% off sale in 2 days...)?  The closest one that does these games is Kohls but at least their sticker price is always the same and they just have multiple complicated discounts. Anyhow, back to regularly scheduled programming......

55 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Yeah net net, with the new "30%" sale stacked with the 20% Latitudes, I am about 4% lower price than last Friday.  Still can you imagine if any retail store tried these Shenanigans on BF (oh, that TV is now $50,000 but we are having a 97% off sale in 2 days...)?  The closest one that does these games is Kohls but at least their sticker price is always the same and they just have multiple complicated discounts. Anyhow, back to regularly scheduled programming......

No, the retail stores advertise a super low price TV and advertise it as if it was the same as another model when its actually not.  Its missing functions that the higher priced model has and the model # is similar but a 0 is now an O.  Oh and they only have 3 of that tv in stock so if you were hoping to get one, you have to camp out from the night before.  

Edited by Liljo22

Found this thread and checked my Sept 25, 2021 Bermuda sailing on Joy and with the same choices and same balcony category it appears that the pricing went down approx. $100 total. So I have reached out to my NCL rep to ask. Will see what he comes back with.

My tracked prices are still up after the “sale.” The June 1 Alaska southbound cruise is slightly higher (+$100 for an IB solo occupancy) but hey, I’ve still got my original booking in place so no worries. However, I had planned to book a 15-day Japan/China sailing in September that - until today - had a solo cruiser discount. Now it’s a 100% single supplement which boosts the fare +$500 for Sail Away inside over yesterday’s price. That’s annoying but we’ll see where fares go next. 

Interesting... ALL the solo discounts are gone except for December & January sailings plus Hawai’i and Alaska cruisetours.

21 hours ago, prbffd28 said:

Found this thread and checked my Sept 25, 2021 Bermuda sailing on Joy and with the same choices and same balcony category it appears that the pricing went down approx. $100 total. So I have reached out to my NCL rep to ask. Will see what he comes back with.

My 2021 Getaway is $200 total less than what I paid.  Contacted my TA and he said I would lose the free air if I changed.