Is there a clock in the stateroom

The only 'clock' is on the tiny screen on the cabin telephone. Some have suggested apps for their phones and/or tablets which they leave open and on when a clock is needed. We rarely use the option but I think there is an 'alarm' function on the cabin phone where it will ring at the time you set up and won't stop until you answer it; there isn't a live person, it's only an automated wake-up.

The TV does show the time too; I can't remember if that is only on certain channels (like the bridge cam or sailing statistics channels) or if all channels might show the time by pressing a certain function key on the remote (like at home).

DH and I tend to wear a watch and/or check our phone for the time; I always have to grab my eyeglasses to see the little screen on the cabin telephone--LOL.

Haven't seen one.

Wouldn't want to rely on mobile phone due to times changing between some ports and phones even though set on automatic do not always change.

Recommend taking a small travel clock.

You can set an automatic wake up call on the cabin telephone though.

9 minutes ago, beachwalker said:

Thank you all for the replies. I’ll bring a small one so DH will know the time when he wakes up at night. Or hopefully, he will rest so will that he will sleep all night. 

Maybe take a battery operated tea light for night time use in bathroom or to see clock if it doesn't have a light on it !

Don't rely solely on a plug in Electric clock.  The ships power is not consistent and the clock will run slow.  I use an app called "giant clock" .  It is dimmable and has an alarm function.   We place it so we can see it from the bed.

2 hours ago, MixerDave said:

Don't rely solely on a plug in Electric clock.  The ships power is not consistent and the clock will run slow.  I use an app called "giant clock" .  It is dimmable and has an alarm function.   We place it so we can see it from the bed.

The frequency of ships' power is quite consistent.  The problem is that some ships provide it at the standard European frequency of 50Hz instead of the North American 60Hz.

The problem, of course, with ship-provided clocks in staterooms is having to re-set them for all those pesky timezone changes.

Edited by Haboob

Clocks are not part of the cabin décor on most cruise lines/ships including Princess.  In my carry-on back pack I always have 2 small battery powered alarm clocks (which have a built-in light which can be activated by a large button) which also have the air temperature.  We also carry a small night-light which we generally put in the bathroom...which we find very helpful late at night.   The funny thing about night lights is that they are not part of the normal décor on most ships.  But Celebrity has very neat nightlights on their Solstice Class ships (at least in balconies and above) that are built into the bathroom lighting.

Hank

Turn on either of the 2 TV's.  Current ship time is displayed on the main screen in the top right corner.

However, we have noticed that this time is not syncronized with a change in ships time until usually the following morning.

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

Gotta Cruise:  There was no clock on our cabin phone display in our Royal Mini-Suite.  So there was no clock at all in our cabin.

Thanks—good to know as our next cruise is on a Royal Class ship! Maybe I had seen the time on the little screen on the phone on a Grand Class ship??? Either way, it’s too difficult to see it so not of much use—LOL. Wristwatch, cell phone, or tablet is what we’ll stick to using!!

2 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

Thanks—good to know as our next cruise is on a Royal Class ship! Maybe I had seen the time on the little screen on the phone on a Grand Class ship??? Either way, it’s too difficult to see it so not of much use—LOL. Wristwatch, cell phone, or tablet is what we’ll stick to using!!

Because I have to carry my cell phone (boo-hiss!!) because of the "app" that is supposed to show the daily activities, I use the phone for my timepiece.  

However, I have had to figure out a hack to deal with the fact that the ship's time is not always the same as the actual time per my cell carrier.  I simply find an appropriate city to pin for the time zone rather than let the phone decide for itself.  This really is not so simple for someone as geographically challenged as I am -- quick, what city is two hours ahead of Los Angeles?  I simply tell the phone to pin the time zone to any city I randomly select from "fly-over country" and check the phone's time against the ship's time to see if it is right -- trial and error!!

The large clocks by the main swimming pool are correct for ship's time.  I never knew that the TVs have the ship's time displayed.  Most cruises, I don't even turn on the cabin's tvs, and if the cabin steward has the tvs on when I move in, I turn that obnoxious noise off ASAP!

Crossing the Pacific Ocean the Captain announces ships time changes during the mid day briefing....

Then the room steward places the time change ticket on our bedspread at evening turn down service....

Then we are awaked by loud knocking on our door by the unexpected early breakfast delivery....

I still wear my old mechanical watch and adjust the time the old way.

But my watch doesnt have an alarm.