Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove

Saint Greg

I didn’t see any “Saint Greg” signs on my way down...I did see an O’Brien one. So I called the hotel to let them know I needed a shuttle. They needed to know which terminal I was in. I didn’t know so I asked the info desk. Turns out it’s terminal 4. They told me to step outside, take a right to the white tents and wait. It could be up to 45 minutes...let’s hope not.

The white tent looks empty but around the corner was about 50 people. I’d say it’s 75 now.

647EE50F-4BE5-45AD-A5EF-3E0562395FBB.jpeg

Kids...The girl and boy in front of me...not a peep the whole flight. Girl was reading a book. Boy was coloring. Behind me on the other hand. Oh my. 30 minutes into the flight it stopped for about 15 minutes. Other than that it was constant screaming, yelling, crying.

The boy in front of me kept looking back to see what the deal was.

Fortunately I can’t sleep on a plane anyway. Once going to London I fell asleep. Other than that. I’ve had 30 hour trips where I got no sleep because I need to lay down.

Edited by Saint Greg

1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

Kids...The girl and boy in front of me...not a peep the whole flight. Girl was reading a book. Boy was coloring. Behind me on the other hand. Oh my. 30 minutes into the flight it stopped for about 15 minutes. Other than that it was constant screaming, yelling, crying.

The boy in front of me kept looking back to see what the deal was.

That would’ve stressed me out so much. My nerves would’ve been shot by the time the plane landed.

1 minute ago, blarko said:

That would’ve stressed me out so much. My nerves would’ve been shot by the time the plane landed.

I think I just really got into the game I was playing and tuned it out a little. I had headphones I could’ve pulled out but never did.

I made it to the Cuban restaurant but since I’m here so late I scratched the main course I had  planned on ordering because the waiter was really pushing the daily special. I’m guessing that’s something that’ll be easier on the kitchen. I did get the sides I planned on ordering. 

9 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Los Angeles? No. Las Vegas? No. Actually I'm in Las Colinas.

Technically Irving but practically Las Colinas. I'm flying out of DFW airport this afternoon. This is one of the eastern most In-N-Out Burgers in existence. They have about 20 locations in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The reason they haven't expanded further is everything here is fresh and any further east would be too far from their distribution centers. They also refuse to sell franchises.

They are serious about the quality of their food here. One day at lunch time I pulled into this location and was stopped in the parking lot by an employee who informed me they were closed because the food quality wasn't up to their standards. I appreciated them not selling me a substandard product and had no problem driving an extra five miles to their next closest store.

The employees here rival Chick-Fil-A for the friendliest fast food employees I've ever encountered. Maybe it's because their minimum wage is $12. 

I missed you by a few hours! I’m staying in Irving tonight. My marathon is by Love field in the morning. 

• Like 1

That main course was really good. The empanadas were really good. The sweet plantains were pretty good. I don’t think I’m a big plantain guy though. I’m definitely not a yucca guy. I had a desert planned but it’s not going to happen. I had a lot of food.

• Like 3