Jump to content

Carnival Magic - LIVE - Dec 1-6 - FLL - Nassau, Grand Turk, Amber Cove


Recommended Posts

I stopped by the cab stand to price check. They said $4 as long as I joined a group. There was a group there ready. I mentioned to the taxi stand guy that I wanted to take the water taxi one way and the regular taxi the other way. He recommended I take the water taxi over and the ground taxi back. He said it’s easier to catch the water taxi over than it is back.

 

I paid the $4 to the boat people and was given a green ticket. I was told to walk down this road, take a left through the gate and then a right down the street.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wha time is all aboard? I’m curious if your posts are posting in real time or if they are delayed. It’s 5:55 eastern time where I am. It seems rather late for you to just now be heading to Paradise Island.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, coevan said:

This is fun to read, great pics Greg. When we were on the Magic a few years ago the wi-fi was awful. Have they improved the speed? Have you taken a speed test. When we were aboard, we could barely download anything. Keep up the great work, following. 


I just did two tests in the dining room. Both came up about 2 up, 2 down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blarko said:

Wha time is all aboard? I’m curious if your posts are posting in real time or if they are delayed. It’s 5:55 eastern time where I am. It seems rather late for you to just now be heading to Paradise Island.

Greg is on "island time".  I'm thinking it's delayed due to his download lack of speed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blarko said:

Wha time is all aboard? I’m curious if your posts are posting in real time or if they are delayed. It’s 5:55 eastern time where I am. It seems rather late for you to just now be heading to Paradise Island.

 

 

Good pick up, didn't notice the time. It's hard to believe the delay is 6 hours behind, Greg?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, E@syPe@zy said:

Greg is on "island time".  I'm thinking it's delayed due to his download lack of speed.


that’s it. I’m eating dinner now. All Aboard  was  3:30. We left about 4:30. I’m just trying to keep this in order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was first on the boat and had to wait until over 20 other people boarded.

 

The floor we were on clearly wasn’t glass. This other guy on the shuttle...Kitts McGee points out he paid for a glass bottom boat. I tell Kitts the glass is probably on the bottom but you can’t see it because it’s under water.

 

I had heard that you have to wait until the shuttle is full before they pull out and that was true.

 

I got on the shuttle at 11:04 and we waited until it was packed to the gills and we continued to wait. Kitts McGee asks where they are going to put additional people. I speculate they may seat people in our laps.

 

We finally pulled out at 11:30. It turns out the shuttle leaves every half hour and it was bad timing arriving at 11:04.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Saint Greg said:

I was first on the boat and had to wait until over 20 other people boarded.

 

The floor we were on clearly wasn’t glass. This other guy on the shuttle...Kitts McGee points out he paid for a glass bottom boat. I tell Kitts the glass is probably on the bottom but you can’t see it because it’s under water.

 

I had heard that you have to wait until the shuttle is full before they pull out and that was true.

 

I got on the shuttle at 11:04 and we waited until it was packed to the gills and we continued to wait. Kitts McGee asks where they are going to put additional people. I speculate they may seat people in our laps.

 

We finally pulled out at 11:30. It turns out the shuttle leaves every half hour and it was bad timing arriving at 11:04.

Waiting is becoming your "theme" today isn't it???

Bless your heart...as we say in the south!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...