Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jasukkie

Seltzer

I will be on Getaway in January, first time on Norwegian. Is the soda package required for seltzer from the gun? 'm guessing yes but just wanted to ask in case that's complimentary. I don't drink soda soda. I'm not interested in the full beverage package. Would San Pellegrino water be included in the soda package? Does Norwegian use the cup with chip system like Royal? Or is it a sticker on the card? Thanks!

The basic soda package costs $7.95 per day plus 20% gratuity and must be purchased for the entirety of your cruise. If you purchase the sodas package online before your cruise it will be reflected on your ship card when you check in.

11 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I will be on Getaway in January, first time on Norwegian. Is the soda package required for seltzer from the gun? 'm guessing yes but just wanted to ask in case that's complimentary. I don't drink soda soda. I'm not interested in the full beverage package. Would San Pellegrino water be included in the soda package? Does Norwegian use the cup with chip system like Royal? Or is it a sticker on the card? Thanks!

You need the soda package to get seltzer. 

San Pellegrino is not included in the soda or regular adult beverage package. 

NCL does not use chips. And does not have any self serve soda dispensers. 

The word “soda” is printed on your room key. And shown in your onboard account at all points of sale. 

i would love to see NCL institute soda machines that vend a large variety of flavors into RFID-enabled large souvenir cups, like the big RCCL ships. 

31 minutes ago, FLAHAM said:

i would love to see NCL institute soda machines that vend a large variety of flavors into RFID-enabled large souvenir cups, like the big RCCL ships. 

I think it would be a hassle walking around with a drinks mug all day on board.

3 hours ago, FLAHAM said:

2 hours ago, Sauer-kraut said:

I think it would be a hassle walking around with a drinks mug all day on board.

It is a ridiculous hassle, in my personal experience. We’ve sailed twice on RCI’s Anthem of the Seas, and certainly did not carry that big mug around all day, nor a tote bag to carry it in.   Which meant I didn’t have the mug with me at times when I would have liked to have gotten a cold drink. 

Also, the machines were limited in number, frequently out of order, and frequently out of popular flavors. 

Edited by Turtles06

I forgot to ask this in my original question. Does anyone know the price for a glass of seltzer? How about with a shot of cranberry juice? Just trying to figure out if I need the soda package or if I should just buy by the drink. 

Also, while on the hydration subject...are there water stations around the ship where you can fill water bottles? How about free hot water for tea? 

On the subject of the RFID soda cups, they are optional, you can still just use your card and get a soda from a bar or waiter like normal. My daughter had the good fortune to have someone hand her theirs since they knew they would never use it. I've also cruised when we did have the full package, never touched the cup, and then brought it on a subsequent cruise when I didn't have the package. I found the seltzers never ran out in the freestyle machine so it wasn't a problem for me but they definitely need to add more machines. Three locations is not enough.

Seltzer is $3 plus 20% automatic top so $3.60. Not sure about cranberry shot.

No water bottle refill stations, but could use the sinks. I typically take a cup from buffet and pour that into my bottle.

They have hot water in the buffet and you can order it/tea from the restaurants.