Platinum meal question

Our family will be on the Joy in August.  My wife and I are both platinum, and we are traveling with our two teenagers in the cabin.  It has been a few years since we cruised on NCL, but last time we did my wife and I each received platinum certificates for two to eat at Le Bistro.  Back then on the Getaway, they let us combine the certificates so that the four of us could eat for free.

Does anybody have experience doing this recently?  Alternately, we are also booked under the promotion where we get three days of free specialty dining for the first two in the cabin.  Can two of those days be combined so the four of us can eat together for free?

Thank you in advance for any information!

4 minutes ago, snake114 said:

Our family will be on the Joy in August.  My wife and I are both platinum, and we are traveling with our two teenagers in the cabin.  It has been a few years since we cruised on NCL, but last time we did my wife and I each received platinum certificates for two to eat at Le Bistro.  Back then on the Getaway, they let us combine the certificates so that the four of us could eat for free.

Does anybody have experience doing this recently?  Alternately, we are also booked under the promotion where we get three days of free specialty dining for the first two in the cabin.  Can two of those days be combined so the four of us can eat together for free?

Thank you in advance for any information!

No to the combining.  

No, you will get two Platinum vouchers, each good for dinner for two, but at different restaurants, so they cannot be combined as in days of old.  You and your could each take a teen as the guest on a voucher to those different restaurants, but that does not get you a family dinner.  If You and your wife are listed as guests 1&2 on the reservation (and you may want to be if you have a beverage package) then you will also be the ones receiving the specialty dining package; so the teens would be charged for their meals.

Did you get a great deal by booking all four in one cabin?  If so, then the cost of the teen’s meals (or letting the teens dine elsewhere or you foregoing the specialty dining...whichever you pick) is part of that bargain price.  If not, perhaps consider splitting into two cabins if before penalty phase (perhaps with one Platinum in each cabin)

5 hours ago, Joken35 said:

We were able to combine both our vouchers to have dinner with friends. We spoke with someone at the desk and they said it was OK

When was this?

I’ve not heard of anyone being able to combine the vouchers since the rules changed.