BirdTravels on the Inaugural Voyage of the Encore to the Eastern Caribbean

BirdTravels

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

They have the safari open air taxis. Do it yourself is cheap enough

70BACFCA-6AF7-4CC8-BBD6-A5B034E01962.jpeg

Thanks for this info!  I have though this might be a better way to go; only concern was safety.  Being "tourist" you never know. 🙂 

17 minutes ago, Jeremyg2 said:

Thanks for this info!  I have though this might be a better way to go; only concern was safety.  Being "tourist" you never know. 🙂 

We’re at Sapphire beach today.  The “taxis” are all 20 passenger open air safari buses. 

A9A13B28-F002-49BA-9E2C-58A705ACEA1F.jpeg

9B3E1E96-0202-4FD6-A8F2-AE785237542F.jpeg

287F4599-9F56-4114-958B-EDC46F0BAD2B.jpeg

• Like 3

On 11/25/2019 at 1:33 PM, KAYKAY121 said:

That is pretty crowded. If I were on there this week with 1000+ kids, I would definitely want Vibe. Just can't decide for two weeks from now. Thank you. Have a great cruise.

I agree. I don’t see any available chairs in the shot with the pool. And it looks like a crowd across on the other side. 

4 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I agree. I don’t see any available chairs in the shot with the pool. And it looks like a crowd across on the other side. 

Every NCL cruise on the Breakaway class, chairs are at a premium.  But they can be found.  Sea days are tough till about 1 pm.  

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We’re at Sapphire beach today.  The “taxis” are all 20 passenger open air safari buses. 

A9A13B28-F002-49BA-9E2C-58A705ACEA1F.jpeg

9B3E1E96-0202-4FD6-A8F2-AE785237542F.jpeg

287F4599-9F56-4114-958B-EDC46F0BAD2B.jpeg

That is gorgeous! Awesome info on taxi, thanks! Looks like we might be hitting a beach after all! 

One additional inquiry, any food/drinks for purchase in the area? Chair's or umbrellas to rent? 

Edited by Jeremyg2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

Now that's ridiculous. 

Pourquoi? Perche?

Onda is more upscale than La Cucina and has different menu. Therefore Onda is out as is Moderno. The two alternatives: Q and Los Lobos are fine.

If you still want to use your Plat dinner in either La Cucina or Moderno, then Encore is not the ship for you.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, purpleally said:

No asterisk next to Veuve Clicquot. Looks I just saved myself 500.00

The asterisk you are referring to means you can't get it served by the bottle under the Prem Plus, however you can get all the glasses you want included.  Is that correct?  

On 11/26/2019 at 4:18 PM, dporter said:

Their wine by the glass choice is quite limited if you have just the Premium Beverage Package.

I found it interesting that they had several glasses priced at $16.  So that’s a $1 upgrade, lol!!!  Actually it’s kind of clever as I’d say 3 of the $16 glass wines I would probably pop for the $1 surcharge.   Still cheaper by a football field than the Plus package, which doesn’t include Veuve anymore...as we have now learned!!

3 hours ago, Jeremyg2 said:

That is gorgeous! Awesome info on taxi, thanks! Looks like we might be hitting a beach after all! 

One additional inquiry, any food/drinks for purchase in the area? Chair's or umbrellas to rent? 

Sapphire beach has a bar and food concession (typical $11 hamburgers you find on any beach). Chairs. No umbrellas, but lots of people set up under the trees.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

The asterisk you are referring to means you can't get it served by the bottle under the Prem Plus, however you can get all the glasses you want included.  Is that correct?  

Correct. But I was looking forward to ordering it by the bottle in restaurants 

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

I found it interesting that they had several glasses priced at $16.  So that’s a $1 upgrade, lol!!!  Actually it’s kind of clever as I’d say 3 of the $16 glass wines I would probably pop for the $1 surcharge.   Still cheaper by a football field than the Plus package, which doesn’t include Veuve anymore...as we have now learned!!

Veuve is included, just by the glass, not by the bottle.

1 hour ago, benzygirl said:

Correct.  The asterisk is only there for bottles you can get.  You can still order by the glass.