Balcony rooms on Royal Class

ChildofPisces

Hi there, 

Family and I are going to book on the Enchanted Princess for December of 2020 and I had a quick question about layout. 

On grand class Caribe is where the larger sized balcony started. We loved the location of the Caribe deck and have booked there for two cruises. This will be our first time on Royal class, and I was wondering if it is the same for the balconies on a royal class ship? 

Thanks in advance and I am super excited to experience the Enchanted Princess in 2020!

Just now, ChildofPisces said:

Hi there, 

Family and I are going to book on the Enchanted Princess for December of 2020 and I had a quick question about layout. 

On grand class Caribe is where the larger sized balcony started. We loved the location of the Caribe deck and have booked there for two cruises. This will be our first time on Royal class, and I was wondering if it is the same for the balconies on a royal class ship? 

Thanks in advance and I am super excited to experience the Enchanted Princess in 2020!

No unfortunately the Royal Class balconies are all very small (probably 1/3 the size IMO) compared with the Grand Class Caribe balconies.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Royal Class ships have sides that are straight up and down, not stepped like Grand Class ships. Standard balcony size is 9'x 4'. To find a larger balcony examine the deck plans. There are some cabins on various decks.

@ChildofPisces check out the "obstructed" balconies mid-ship. Also, some of the balconies at the very forward end of the ship (think "I can see where we're going"). 

If the Enchanted has a similar deck plan as other Royal class ships.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

All balconies on Royal Class Ships are a disappointment, doesn't matter whether the balcony is attached to a standard balcony, deluxe balcony or mini suite.  You may want to look at premium deluxe balconies but they get booked up fast.

• Like 1

I was NOT shocked by the size of the balconies on the Royal, but only because I had been warned on this Forum.  No room to swing a cat -- but no cats on board, so I guess it didn't matter.  Skynight's measurement of 9 feet by 4 feet is accurate -- I used a tape measure and came up with the same numbers.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@ChildofPisces check out the "obstructed" balconies mid-ship. Also, some of the balconies at the very forward end of the ship (think "I can see where we're going"). 

If the Enchanted has a similar deck plan as other Royal class ships.

We find some of these balconies mentioned to be more than adequate, in fact, we really like them!  No complaints from me.  I think the Royal class ships are fabulous!  

47 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

We enjoy these obstructed deluxe balcony 

rooms at the front of the ship

e107-108. Two are larger 109-110, 

A9071237-1439-4DA2-BBC5-271CABA71385.jpeg

4793239D-A4C5-47C1-BC88-AEC0F1D0CA5F.jpeg

1CA9D118-23B7-4CCD-AA96-3CD497B93D16.jpeg

D1F2F606-7FD6-4662-85A7-08E40875C626.jpeg

We have L102 booked on Enchanted.  That and L101 are our fave cabins on Royal class ships.  Balconies are  HUGE!

• Like 3

4cats4me is spot on, we've booked these on the Regal & Royal many times, the balconies are huge, and, even thought there is a warning about them being closed on sea days, that is not what happens. However, if it's windy on a sea day, you may not want to use them. That hasn't happened to us...

• Like 1

Sorry I'm just seeing this, but glad you've booked a cabin.  Still, for future reference, I thought I'd chime in with some information I hope is helpful.

Like you, we have always loved the Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and our biggest disappointment about the Royal and Regal is that the vast majority of the balconies are tiny (i.e, extremely shallow).  The exceptions are some of the aft cabin balconies, but we know from experience there can be issues with soot and diesel fumes from the stacks affecting those balconies. Also, the balconies on "the points" beneath the Sky Walk and Sea View Bar are somewhat bigger, but they can be very expensive (being midships), and some people dislike that people can see onto your balcony from the Sky Walk.

However, starting with the Majestic Princess (including the Sky and Enchanted), they have redesigned a section of cabins forward and aft on Emerald and Dolphin decks so that they are very much like the layout of the Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships. That is, those new Emerald Deck cabins extend further out have fully uncovered balconies; and the Dolphin Deck cabins above them have larger balconies (extending over the extended Emerald Deck cabins) and these balconies are partially covered by the smaller/shallower Caribe deck balconies above. We have booked one of these cabins for our upcoming cruise on the Sky Princess (in 2 weeks) and will report back, but I wanted to share this information.

I'm attaching a picture pointing out the cabins I'm referring to. I hope this is helpful, and I hope you have a great cruise!  

Sky balconies.jpg

We had E108 on our cruise earlier this year on the Royal, huge balcony as pictured above.  And because it is on a portion of the ship that sticks out you get a very wide expansive view.  We also love the midship Emerald deck cabins above the promenade area, had E 428 and the cabins in this area both side of the ship have no obstruction, just promenade below it.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

p.s. - a picture is worth a thousand words. This photo was taken by someone on the Sky Princess and shows the forward port side cabins I was trying to describe, with the section of extended Emerald Deck and especially the Dolphin Deck balconies that are very much like the Caribe Deck balconies on Grand Class ships.  We're very much looking forward to our sailing in one of these cabins. 🙂

Dolphin-Emerald lg balconies stbd bow angle-arrow.jpg

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2019 at 10:56 PM, Lady Arwen said:

We have L102 booked on Enchanted.  That and L101 are our fave cabins on Royal class ships.  Balconies are  HUGE!

I was intrigued by these posts and stated to have a look at these forward facing deluxe balcony cabins on Enchanted - However when I was looking to maybe book - There is a note on selection implying access to balcony only when in port - Any comments please 

2 hours ago, TonyM99 said:

I was intrigued by these posts and stated to have a look at these forward facing deluxe balcony cabins on Enchanted - However when I was looking to maybe book - There is a note on selection implying access to balcony only when in port - Any comments please 

There is an entire thread on this, not more than one month old. Sorry, don’t know how to link, but you should be able to find it searching “forward facing.”

3 hours ago, TonyM99 said:

Fortunately, that restriction is NEVER enforced.  Sailed many times on Royal and Regal and never was the door locked by us or our steward.  We could use the balcony whenever we pleased.  However, because of the forward facing balcony, it can get quite windy while at sea.  We either didn’t go out there or we sat under the overhang close to the door where it was protected from the wind.  Also, if you’re prone to seasickness, the motion could be bothersome.  We didn’t even notice any movement.  Great cabin with a nice love seat and a huge balcony….you could easily fit 10 people out there!  My favourite cabins on Royal class ships!

On 11/29/2019 at 2:27 PM, 5:00_Somewhere said:

Sorry I'm just seeing this, but glad you've booked a cabin.  Still, for future reference, I thought I'd chime in with some information I hope is helpful.

Like you, we have always loved the Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships, and our biggest disappointment about the Royal and Regal is that the vast majority of the balconies are tiny (i.e, extremely shallow).  The exceptions are some of the aft cabin balconies, but we know from experience there can be issues with soot and diesel fumes from the stacks affecting those balconies. Also, the balconies on "the points" beneath the Sky Walk and Sea View Bar are somewhat bigger, but they can be very expensive (being midships), and some people dislike that people can see onto your balcony from the Sky Walk.

However, starting with the Majestic Princess (including the Sky and Enchanted), they have redesigned a section of cabins forward and aft on Emerald and Dolphin decks so that they are very much like the layout of the Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck balconies on the Grand Class ships. That is, those new Emerald Deck cabins extend further out have fully uncovered balconies; and the Dolphin Deck cabins above them have larger balconies (extending over the extended Emerald Deck cabins) and these balconies are partially covered by the smaller/shallower Caribe deck balconies above. We have booked one of these cabins for our upcoming cruise on the Sky Princess (in 2 weeks) and will report back, but I wanted to share this information.

I'm attaching a picture pointing out the cabins I'm referring to. I hope this is helpful, and I hope you have a great cruise!  

Sky balconies.jpg

Please come back and report how they were....we have one of the BD aft cabins booked too!

7 hours ago, suzyed said:

Please come back and report how they were....we have one of the BD aft cabins booked too!

The cabin was wonderful! Best cabin on a Royal Class ship, IMHO. We had booked the same cabin again on the Enchanted but, unfortunately, that trip was cancelled due to Covid.  

Here's my review of the cabin, including pictures. My understanding is that those aft cabins should be virtually identical. Hope it's helpful.