Are they getting rid of the hard beds on Adventure?

Judyrem

I have been reading some reviews about Adventure and noticed MANY people were commenting how very awful the beds were?

One of the reviewers said they thought Adventure was getting new beds soon?  Anyone know for sure?

We sailed Adventure the first week of November and we slept great.  This was a thicker bed than we were used to on RCI ships.  Our sailing on Grandeur in April also had the thick bed and we slept great then too. I hope this is the future of all RCI beds.

Erika

• Like 1

I think the beds were part of the refurb in 2018. We were on Adventure in both 2018 and 2019 and had no complaints about the beds. This is one of those personal preference things. Some people like firm mattresses, some like them soft. The cruise line will never please everyone.

Nope just off 2 weeks on her and the beds were rock hard.

We preordered a 1.5 inch egg crate type mattress pad from Walmart before we flew in,  king size.  Picked it up the night before the cruise.  We put a luggage tag on the box and it arrived to our room.  Steward made the bed with it and we were very comfortable.  Left it on board. It was about $40 and made all the difference to us. We slept great. YMMV.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I think the beds were part of the refurb in 2018. We were on Adventure in both 2018 and 2019 and had no complaints about the beds. This is one of those personal preference things. Some people like firm mattresses, some like them soft. The cruise line will never please everyone.

Agree, Firm beds my choice. If soft I can sleep on a floor with no issues. Unfortunately never make everyone happy, Too Soft, Too Hard. Maybe someday they'll have button push make bed harder/softer. Know Serenade replaced all their concrete ones 2 yrs ago, still Firm though.Was on B2B2B and they delayed boarding during one my turn around days by couple hrs...

4 hours ago, Judyrem said:

One of the reviewers said they thought Adventure was getting new beds soon?

Mattresses get replaced all the time, sometimes even in non turnaround ports - none of that means they will be any softer than the last one.

Thanks for the replies.  On Harmony in July,  my wonderful room attendant put two duvets under my sheets and my granddaughter's,  which made it much more comfortable for us both.  I guess I will have to request that again. 🙄