Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
gogiantsfan29

Eclipse Alaska cruise ?

Our group of 8  is looking at the 9 night Eclipse Alaska sailing May 2021 out of Vancouver. I was wondering  do all the cabins have balcony doors that open so we can walk in between each cabin. We were on the Refection in May to Norway Fjords it was great to all sit outside together.  Trying to decide about Aft balconies for Alaska  or the hump ones  or just regular balcony.  Also, which side is better on r/t Alaska or does not matter. I was reading the the Eclipse is going to dry dock in March 2021 so I assume May 7th trip to Alaska should be one of the first with the upgrades.  Do they ever get delayed?   Thanks.

10 hours ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

Our group of 8  is looking at the 9 night Eclipse Alaska sailing May 2021 out of Vancouver. I was wondering  do all the cabins have balcony doors that open so we can walk in between each cabin. We were on the Refection in May to Norway Fjords it was great to all sit outside together.  Trying to decide about Aft balconies for Alaska  or the hump ones  or just regular balcony.  Also, which side is better on r/t Alaska or does not matter. I was reading the the Eclipse is going to dry dock in March 2021 so I assume May 7th trip to Alaska should be one of the first with the upgrades.  Do they ever get delayed?   Thanks.

We are booked on the second Eclipse sailing to Alaska, May 16, 2021 out of Vancouver. It is my understanding that no stone is left unturned to complete the drydock on time, as every day that any ship  is not sailing, is costing that cruise line Thousands of dollars.

Most likely the drydock updates will be completed on time! Not sure about the balcony door question.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise to Alaska.

I think aft balconies are best as you can see both sides as you make your passage. You may miss wildlife on one side that may never t be there on the way back.

1 hour ago, Marine7 said:

We are booked on the second Eclipse sailing to Alaska, May 16, 2021 out of Vancouver. It is my understanding that no stone is left unturned to complete the drydock on time, as every day that any ship  is not sailing, is costing that cruise line Thousands of dollars.

Most likely the drydock updates will be completed on time! Not sure about the balcony door question.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise to Alaska.

Thanks, I found another article then said it would be done by the first week of April so we should be good.  When I try to book online there is no map of the cabins. Were you able to see a list of open cabins on your cruise?

1 hour ago, dkjretired said:

I think aft balconies are best as you can see both sides as you make your passage. You may miss wildlife on one side that may never t be there on the way back.

Thanks, we might go ahead and book those. We have a couple in our group that tend to sea sickenss so we never get the aft but I think the inside passage we should not have to worry.

6 minutes ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

Thanks, I found another article then said it would be done by the first week of April so we should be good.  When I try to book online there is no map of the cabins. Were you able to see a list of open cabins on your cruise?

Yes. Once you do a fake booking and choose your class of stateroom it will show you the deck plan and cabins to choose from.

At least that's how it worked for us.

We booked through a TA and told her exactly what stateroom we wanted and it was done. I went back out to the site after our TA did the booking and confirmed our stateroom was indeed assigned.....to us of course.

Good luck.

30 minutes ago, Marine7 said:

Yes. Once you do a fake booking and choose your class of stateroom it will show you the deck plan and cabins to choose from.

At least that's how it worked for us.

We booked through a TA and told her exactly what stateroom we wanted and it was done. I went back out to the site after our TA did the booking and confirmed our stateroom was indeed assigned.....to us of course.

Good luck.

Yeah, i tried to do a fake booking and it does not show the deck .  I check out other dates after the dry dock and there is no more pictures.  I heard they might be adding cabins so maybe they took down the deck picture location. 

51 minutes ago, gogiantsfan29 said:

Yeah, i tried to do a fake booking and it does not show the deck .  I check out other dates after the dry dock and there is no more pictures.  I heard they might be adding cabins so maybe they took down the deck picture location. 

Try again this Friday and maybe the deck picture locations will be back in view.