Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Gamecock_Cruiser

Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Recommended Posts

We haven't cruised in almost two years so haven't worried about discount gift cards. I don't see how to take the quizzes to get them through AARP anymore. Is this still possible? My dad is of the AARP age. Does he need to sign up to buy them discounted? Any other way to get them discounted?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"On September 24th, Rewards for Good will become AARP Rewards. AARP Rewards is coming later today, September 24th. Thank you for your patience while we get the program up and running."

 

They have discontinued the old program, and bringing out a new one today. As of yet they have not started back the quizzes.

https://campaigns.aarp.org/RewardsforGood/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just logged in and you do have to be an AARP member to get the discounted cards.  I let my membership expire, so I will be using Allstate Drivewise to get my cards in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jc4me said:

I just logged in and you do have to be an AARP member to get the discounted cards.  I let my membership expire, so I will be using Allstate Drivewise to get my cards in the future.

No. You do not have to be a member to take advantage of the gift card promotions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joe817 said:

No. You do not have to be a member to take advantage of the gift card promotions.

Interesting, mine showed that it was only available to AARP members to buy the discounted gift cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jc4me said:

Interesting, mine showed that it was only available to AARP members to buy the discounted gift cards.

Interesting indeed. Can you post a link that says that? Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe817 said:

No. You do not have to be a member to take advantage of the gift card promotions.

I just logged on, earned 5000 points, then looked at the gift cards. There are 2 Carnival cards. $100 for $90 and $500 foe $448 but now you have to be a member to get them:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have a Citibank credit card that’s part of the citi easy deals program, you can get the same Carnival discounted gift cards. $90 for $100 and $450 for $500. It’s so much easier than taking those quizzes and no shipping charges. I just ordered some cards Sunday night and had them on Thursday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

pay the $16 or whatever it is to join AARP...you now have to be a member to get Carnival gift cards

So members still get discounted cards? If so, I am signing my dad up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gamecock_Cruiser said:

So members still get discounted cards? If so, I am signing my dad up.

Yes, you have to join AARP...it is not very much $$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so I just logged on and got signed up to be a member. It was $12 to subscribe for the year.  I'm only 29. 

 

I did find that both of the gift cards ($500 and $100) are only able to be purchased 1 time per month.  What a bunch of crap! You can only purchase up to 3 gift cards from different retailers a month as well. Not sure what to do at this point as I was hoping to be able to purchase all my gift cards at once to cover the balance of my cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought is was the 25th. Just had a reminder come up to buy cards.

There goes 31,000 Pts.

 

Ouch $310.00 lost.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mntbiker2008 said:

so I just logged on and got signed up to be a member. It was $12 to subscribe for the year.  I'm only 29. 

 

I did find that both of the gift cards ($500 and $100) are only able to be purchased 1 time per month.  What a bunch of crap! You can only purchase up to 3 gift cards from different retailers a month as well. Not sure what to do at this point as I was hoping to be able to purchase all my gift cards at once to cover the balance of my cruise. 

 

Time to go to the dark side and join Allstate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They must be staggering the roll out because I cannot access yet. Still says coming later today for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, n6uqqq said:

 

Time to go to the dark side and join Allstate!

I joined Allstate a few months ago but cannot figure out how to get points for the life of me.  I tried the app and doing the driving thing but that doesn't accumulate points nearly as fast as the quizzes on here. What am I missing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mntbiker2008 said:

I joined Allstate a few months ago but cannot figure out how to get points for the life of me.  I tried the app and doing the driving thing but that doesn't accumulate points nearly as fast as the quizzes on here. What am I missing? 

Go to the allstate thread and there are a ton of codes there. I just started a few months ago and have 202000 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, n6uqqq said:

Go to the allstate thread and there are a ton of codes there. I just started a few months ago and have 202000 points.

awesome.  Thank you very much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem! I got allstate as a back up and now it would seem it will become my primary source for Carnival cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...