Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Gamecock_Cruiser

Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Ak4n3 said:

$100 ones if one is so inclined...sucks that we can only buy one per month.  I'll pass until I see the $500 ones available

 

image.png.fd122aee77422d3270fc3e1018d470c0.png

 

THANK YOU!  Yes, I meant to shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ak4n3 said:

$100 ones if one is so inclined...sucks that we can only buy one per month.  I'll pass until I see the $500 ones available

 

image.png.fd122aee77422d3270fc3e1018d470c0.png

Just bought one and works fine.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pay whole cruises with gift cards so this would be woefully inadequate- would take 2 years to pay off cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They have them. They are members only. I was able to purchase a $100 gift card today, but am limited to 1 a month, and they did not have a $500 or $1000 available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes. It was quite a deal for awhile when you could buy more than one a month. I saved enough on a cruise two Summer's ago by combining the AMEX and AARP offers that essentially paid for Cheers for my wife and I. 

 

I did end up renewing my AARP membership though. They have a Black Friday "deal" that is 2 years for $20. I find the hotel savings I realize using the AARP rate (at age 44 :)) pays for itself many times over each year.

Edited by LakeWobegon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the recent posts I’m guessing the carnival gift cards are now being sent out with PIN numbers and are ok to purchase?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Brad1972 said:

By the recent posts I’m guessing the carnival gift cards are now being sent out with PIN numbers and are ok to purchase?

 

Apparently so, but just keep in mind that they’re for AARP members only and we’re only allowed one per month.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I pay whole cruises with gift cards so this would be woefully inadequate- would take 2 years to pay off cruise.

 

This is what I’ve been saying since they popped up on launch day of the new program. Many people who buy Carnival cards buy more than one a month to pay off cruises, plus other things. One per month completely undermines how most people use these cards. Personally, I find it insulting that they make these members only (because they know how popular they are) then hit us with this ridiculous limit.

 

The fact that they’ve returned means squat as long as this limit still exists. They still say up to 3per month if purchased from a different retailer, but I have a feeling they won’t be offered by different ones very often, if ever. A part of me had hoped that they would’ve come to their senses by the time they came back, but AARP is at the mercy of the new fulfillment company, which is where I suspect the limit is coming from. If HelloWorld can’t handle the demand, go back to DeluxeRewards who could.

 

The only good I’ll find in these now is if I need one in a pinch (since they’re e-cards). 

Edited by Organized Chaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WHERE CAN I FIND THE GIFT CARDS ON AARP? DO YOU STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES? I'VE BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS, BUT I ALWAYS HAVE BOUGHT MY CC CARDS FROM VERIZON UNTIL THEY CHANGE THAT. I JUST WENT TO THE WEBSITE BUT DON'T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, EBONI325 said:

WHERE CAN I FIND THE GIFT CARDS ON AARP? DO YOU STILL HAVE TO PLAY THE GAMES? I'VE BEEN A MEMBER FOR YEARS, BUT I ALWAYS HAVE BOUGHT MY CC CARDS FROM VERIZON UNTIL THEY CHANGE THAT. I JUST WENT TO THE WEBSITE BUT DON'T SEE ANYTHING ABOUT THE CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS. THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME.

FOUND IT, LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought one since my cruise payoff is due in a couple of weeks.  I got an error using MS Edge, but was able to successfully buy with Chrome.  

Now I'll try again next week to see if it is per calendar month or per 30 day limit 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let the buyer beware certainly applies to AARP Rewards.

 

Purchased the $100 digital gift card (only option for Carnival gift card) available yesterday but never received the digital card.  Contacted AARP Rewards and was told they have nothing to do with the purchase and that I need to contact Carnival. As expected and even though I know Carnival was not the vendor from whom I purchased this gift card, I called Carnival and was told there was no purchase from them and nothing they can do about this gift card purchase which was from AARP Rewards. To add to the mix,  the purchase through AARP Rewards required me to use PayPal so there's a third party also involved. I will dispute the transaction with my credit card company.

 

As others have mentioned they have done, I am absolutely done with AARP and their new, horrible rewards program.  

 

I wish anyone else opting to purchase Carnival gift cards through AARP Rewards better luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like they are back for $100 gift cards.  You can only buy one a month and only through PayPal.  I don't know if I want to join PayPal.  Cannot just use your Charge Card like you use to although it gives you that impression at first.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered my gift cards yesterday, and got a confirmation.  But it said details are on the way to my e-mail, and of course I never received the e-mail.  I have an order #, but no pin.  is that what is in the missing e-mail?  Now what? 

 

MOre bother than it's worth for $10! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OC SeaPA said:

I ordered my gift cards yesterday, and got a confirmation.  But it said details are on the way to my e-mail, and of course I never received the e-mail.  I have an order #, but no pin.  is that what is in the missing e-mail?  Now what? 

 

MOre bother than it's worth for $10! 

 

Yeah, the email will contain the gift card number and its PIN. You're not the only one who isn't getting the email. Contact AARP Rewards, and don't let them pass you off to Carnival because this isn't Carnival's fault.

 

The new AARP Rewards just keeps getting worse and worse. They've barely managed to sell Carnival cards and they were screwed up the entire time. They seriously need to ditch HelloWorld and go back to DeluxeRewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, LakeWobegon said:

I did end up renewing my AARP membership though. They have a Black Friday "deal" that is 2 years for $20. I find the hotel savings I realize using the AARP rate (at age 44 :)) pays for itself many times over each year.

 

I saw the ad banner for their Black Friday deal at the top of their homepage yesterday, but now it's gone. We were going to go ahead and renew using the deal, but I don't see anything about it today. So either they ran it and ended it before Black Friday, or it's top secret and maybe will reappear Thursday and/or Friday. 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

I saw the ad banner for their Black Friday deal at the top of their homepage yesterday, but now it's gone. We were going to go ahead and renew using the deal, but I don't see anything about it today. So either they ran it and ended it before Black Friday, or it's top secret and maybe will reappear Thursday and/or Friday. 🤔

If you go under the About tab on AARP Rewards, you should find the Black Friday renewal offer. It says it's good until 12/6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, bluesman0711 said:

If you go under the About tab on AARP Rewards, you should find the Black Friday renewal offer. It says it's good until 12/6.

 

Thanks for the tip. I just realized my ad-blocker was blocking it today, but not yesterday for some reason.

 

6 minutes ago, bluesman0711 said:

When I made the purchase through Paypal I noticed they also sell $100 Carnival gift cards for $90. Has anyone else used them?

 

PayPal has a subsidiary called PayPal Digital Gifts with a store on eBay. A couple years ago, they were selling Carnival cards for 15% off for a limited time. They were legit, a lot of people from here bought them (myself included). But they haven't done it since, or no one's caught it since.

 

Where do you see them? I checked their eBay store and their website and the Carnival cards aren't discounted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They came up at the bottom of the confirmation page when I completed the purchase. I would have bought one then but it didn't mention anything about a pin number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Yeah, the email will contain the gift card number and its PIN. You're not the only one who isn't getting the email. Contact AARP Rewards, and don't let them pass you off to Carnival because this isn't Carnival's fault.

 

The new AARP Rewards just keeps getting worse and worse. They've barely managed to sell Carnival cards and they were screwed up the entire time. They seriously need to ditch HelloWorld and go back to DeluxeRewards.

Per my phone call with AARP within the last hour" They are having issues with the gift card program and are working on it". 

DO NOT BUY THE GIFT CARDS THROUGH AARP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, richfret said:

Looks like they are back for $100 gift cards.  You can only buy one a month and only through PayPal.  I don't know if I want to join PayPal.  Cannot just use your Charge Card like you use to although it gives you that impression at first.

 

 

Paypal is a deal breaker for me.  I tried twice and could never make the Allstate site work.

 

I am out of options for discounted gift cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

 

Thanks for the tip. I just realized my ad-blocker was blocking it today, but not yesterday for some reason.

 

 

PayPal has a subsidiary called PayPal Digital Gifts with a store on eBay. A couple years ago, they were selling Carnival cards for 15% off for a limited time. They were legit, a lot of people from here bought them (myself included). But they haven't done it since, or no one's caught it since.

 

Where do you see them? I checked their eBay store and their website and the Carnival cards aren't discounted.

I bought 2 this morning.  I don't know how long PayPal will be running the deal.

 

PayPal Shopping

$100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card For $90

$100 Carnival Cruise Lines Gift Card For $90

Carnival Cruise Lines, a unit of Carnival Corporation is “The World’s Most Popular Cruise Line®,” with 24 “Fun Ships” operating 3 to 16 day voyages to The Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Panama Canal, Canada, New England, Bermuda, Europe, the Pacific Islands and New Zealand. Founded in 1972, Carnival was a pioneer in the concept of shorter, less expensive cruises. Its ships are known for their Las Vegas-style decor and entertainment. Sharing a passion to please each guest and a commitment to quality and value, Carnival inspires people to discover their best vacation experience by offering a variety of exciting and enriching cruises to the world's most desirable destinations.

$100
$100 Carnival Cruise Line Gift Card For $90
Offer terms

Carnival Cruise Lines Terms and Conditions

Treat this e-card like cash. E-card recipient bears all risk of loss in the event this e-card, or its information, is lost, stolen, damaged or used without e-card holder’s permission. In no event is CCL Gifts, LLC or any parent, subsidiary or affiliate responsible or required to replace any e-card value. Card cannot be redeemed for cash unless required by law. Complete terms and conditions available at carnival.com/giftcardterms. Use of this e-card constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. This e-card does not expire. Digital gift card is non-refundable and will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed. TRAVEL AGENTS, AGENCIES OR ANY OTHER TRAVEL INTERMEDIARY SERVICE CANNOT BE USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THIS DIGITAL GIFT CARD. Digital gift card is NON-COMMISSIONABLE at redemption.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...