Carnival Gift Cards - AARP

Gamecock_Cruiser

5 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

I wonder if those 25,000 reward points were awarded to people who just joined AARP,and then immediately signed up for the new rewards program?

Not for us. Been AARP member for just under a year. We do buy several Carnival gift cards and other cards that have been good deals. 

16 minutes ago, Brad1972 said:

I am not a paying AARP member though but might spend  the $12 for the membership so i can get the carnival cards.  Bad thing is i'm reading now is 1 card limit each $500 and $100 cards per month? 

Othing I notice is there is no organization to categorizing the any of the stuff.  old site you could click on gift cards tab and select travel and there were  the carnival gift cards.  This new site I keep clicking "SEE MORE" button and i'll get 12 more rewards items and i've been clicking "SEE MORE" for several minutes and havent seen the Carnival gift cards yet.  has anyone found a way to search for them or quick way to find them easy?

This is what it says in fine print under the Carnival cards:

*You may purchase 1 gift card from this retailer per month and up to a total of 3 gift cards, each from a different retailer, per month.

I have no idea what they mean by different retailers.

I don't like the gift card listings at all. Zero organization. And like you, I'm not seeing the Carnival cards today. I could see them yesterday, but not now. The only one I see is the offer to enter into a sweepstakes for a $500 Carnival card. I've clicked on the Members Only and All Rewards tabs, but do not see Carnival cards.

13 minutes ago, canes20 said:

Not for us. Been AARP member for just under a year. We do buy several Carnival gift cards and other cards that have been good deals. 

So how active were you with Rewards for Good? Did you take a lot of quizzes? I'm wondering if that is related to the amount of welcome points given, because admittedly, I hadn't taken too many quizzes this year because we had more than enough points to buy the cards we've needed. We bought 8 cards in the last couple months before Rewards for Good ended, but that didn't seem to have an affect. I only got 3,000 points as a welcome bonus and didn't receive 1,000 points just for logging on like I've seen a few mention.

This isn't exactly a gift card option, but anticipating this I booked a late 2020 Journey cruise using a credit card that gave me included gratuities.  When I added it all up, it came out virtually the same as booking with Carnival and paying with gift cards.  I may start looking more seriously at TAs who can do things like that.

43 minutes ago, mommio said:

I'm a member and could not find any Carnival cards on the site 🙁

Same here. I've been a member for several years and have purchased many gift Carnival Gift cards. Maybe I don't have enough new point to use towards them and that's why they don't show up. Kind of strange!:classic_mellow:

36 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

I have no idea what they mean by different retailers.

Different retailers mean you can buy one card from Carnival, one from Amazon, and one from Apple for example.

1 hour ago, Ak4n3 said:

I believe that higher points  were proportionally  given to those who are very active on AARP's former rewards program. 

Hubby received this much I think because I barely went on his account to take quizzes and what not.  He only received 4,000 points

image.thumb.png.6cf0503306ab485d3cd72eb14a81af6a.png

I received  25,000 points to start.

image.thumb.png.592a2e1acf707794e1a4cf04486dbfc7.png

If there are people who received way more points, congrats!  I haven't stalked the site as much as I believed I did.

I've been a member for about 5 years and have more points now than I did when the old program ended two days ago - 33,010. Cards not showing though. I guess they took them down until they resolve the pin issue.

8 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

I have been a member for a few years.

Well I'm stumped...again. I have no idea what's going on, and cannot think of any rational reason why they'd do that, other than the bugs haven't been worked out. Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad for you. Well done!

I've been a member of AARP since 2011. Soooooo....I dunno.  

45 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

So how active were you with Rewards for Good? Did you take a lot of quizzes? I'm wondering if that is related to the amount of welcome points given, because admittedly, I hadn't taken too many quizzes this year because we had more than enough points to buy the cards we've needed. We bought 8 cards in the last couple months before Rewards for Good ended, but that didn't seem to have an affect. I only got 3,000 points as a welcome bonus and didn't receive 1,000 points just for logging on like I've seen a few mention.

Hadn't taken any quizzes lately. Had taken almost all of the ones that were there. WE got 25000 plus 1000 for signing in and 500 for signing up for a newsletter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

Well I'm stumped...again. I have no idea what's going on, and cannot think of any rational reason why they'd do that, other than the bugs haven't been worked out. Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad for you. Well done!

I've been a member of AARP since 2011. Soooooo....I dunno.  

I hear ya. Cause that doesn't make any sense. I know we haven't been members as long as you. I haven't taken any quizzes or anything. Definitely not a fan of this new program. I used to use points also to book hotels and have gotten some nice deals along the way. I don't see hotels as an option anymore.

1 hour ago, Ak4n3 said:

Just speculating here:  Did you use your points before the old program ended?  I used up 100k from redeeming all those sweepstakes and carnival gift cards up to a week before the program ended and I dropped to 9k after I'm done with it.  Hubby had still 40k left over from the old program and he never used it to redeem anything.

I redeemed a lot of points for many gift card sweepstakes and also for the daily deals. I originally had 30,000+.

DISREGARD- I JUST WENT BACK IN AND NOW THEY ARE ALL GONE

Ok, so I just went on the AARP Rewards program website. I am a member of AARP (as a spouse of someone over 50 :classic_biggrin:), what I noticed is in order to purchase Carnival gift cards you have to actually be a AARP member- they only show as "member only' deals. There are several gift cards that only show as "member only deals".  

Edited by Buffalofirsttimer4

Have been AARP member many, many years and have been active on the website many years. Have bought a few cards in the past but bought over $3000 worth this year. Logged in and have 3000 points plus 1000 for logging in and 500 for member--total 4500. Sounds like about the minimum one can get.

Not impressed with some of their rewards. $24 for a $25 gift card. Really! No search function so need to scroll through all the fluff to see if they have anything you want (Carnival) to find out they don't.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mommio said:

I'm a member and could not find any Carnival cards on the site 🙁

Same. I'm a member and do not see any gift cards. I was awarded 3,000 points for starting up. I lost 85,000 points in the old program.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:06 AM, 4133raw said:

I just logged on, earned 5000 points, then looked at the gift cards. There are 2 Carnival cards. $100 for $90 and $500 foe $448 but now you have to be a member to get them:(

How to you get to the option to purchase them? I've been all over the website and can't find them. I even looked through every single gift card available, and still can't locate them. 😞

6 minutes ago, lovelights said:

How to you get to the option to purchase them? I've been all over the website and can't find them. I even looked through every single gift card available, and still can't locate them. 😞

They were there earlier but I just looked and now I can't find them anywhere either.  Makes you wonder if it was a mistake when they were there.  I saw someone post that the e-cards they received didn't have a pin number.  Maybe they pulled them because of this.  I hope it isn't a permanent removal.

It doesn't look like there's much rhyme or reason as to why some people only got what appears to be the minimal amount and others the max. Some members only got 3,000 (myself included), others 25,000 (to include non-members). I never got the 1,000 points many of you got simply for logging on the first time. And it doesn't seem like past activity (taking quizzes) has much to do with it because some who weren't active much at all still got the 25,000 point bonus. Whether or not you redeemed a bunch of your points before the end of the old program doesn't seem to be a determining factor either. I redeemed 32,000 points in the last couple months buying cards, but only got the 3,000 welcome bonus, so redeeming sure didn't help me.

1 hour ago, bury me at sea said:

I know I am probably a minority of one but my biggest disappointment is that only e-cards are available.  I am much too old and non-tech savvy to deal with those.

I guess I'll hang around the AARP site to see if this changes.  Meanwhile, does Allstate offer actual cards?

Yeah, Allstate has the physical cards. They use the same company to run their rewards that AARP Rewards for Good had. Now AARP is using a new company. I suspect that's why we're now seeing e-cards and this new, ridiculous monthly limit. Not to mention their site design is severely lacking compared to the other one.

4 hours ago, Ak4n3 said:

Different retailers mean you can buy one card from Carnival, one from Amazon, and one from Apple for example.

It still doesn't make sense to me. We're talking about getting these cards from one location, that being AARP Rewards. Unless the Carnival cards they list will be coming from multiple retailers, instead of one supplier, which used to be a company called Deluxe Rewards. But how will we know if they're coming from a different retailer? When I was able to view the Carnival cards yesterday, it didn't name a specific retailer as the source.

For the purpose of discounted Carnival cards alone, it's a disappointing change.

19 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Yeah, Allstate has the physical cards. They use the same company to run their rewards that AARP Rewards for Good had. Now AARP is using a new company. I suspect that's why we're now seeing e-cards and this new, ridiculous monthly limit. Not to mention their site design is severely lacking compared to the other one.

Thank you.  I also appreciate your step-by-step instructions on the Allstate thread.  I will try it tomorrow.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RumpunchGirl said:

Same here. I've been a member for several years and have purchased many gift Carnival Gift cards. Maybe I don't have enough new point to use towards them and that's why they don't show up. Kind of strange!:classic_mellow:

That's what I was thinking too. I don't have quite enough to purchase one of the gift cards, so I was thinking that it might be reason I can't see them. I was just hoping to find them, before I got more points, so I'd at least know I had a goal to shoot for something. lol

12 minutes ago, lovelights said:

That's what I was thinking too. I don't have quite enough to purchase one of the gift cards, so I was thinking that it might be reason I can't see them. I was just hoping to find them, before I got more points, so I'd at least know I had a goal to shoot for something. lol

Several people have said now that the Carnival cards are only available to AARP members, we no longer need the points to buy them. I was able to view them yesterday, but never paid attention to whether or not we needed points.

Evidently, some who already bought some yesterday (or maybe this morning?) got gift cards without PIN's. That could be why they were pulled from the site.

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

Several people have said now that the Carnival cards are only available to AARP members, we no longer need the points to buy them. I was able to view them yesterday, but never paid attention to whether or not we needed points.

Evidently, some who already bought some yesterday (or maybe this morning?) got gift cards without PIN's. That could be why they were pulled from the site.

Maybe that's what happened. They pulled them until they get the kinks out. Wonder what will happen to the gift cards that the people got without pin numbers? I didn't know my pin number until it arrived in the mail, the last time I purchased them under the old rewards.