Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
CruisinDawn

Concierge cabin on Equinox perks

Just upgraded from a Sunset on deck 7 to a Concierge cabin deck 9 on the Equinox so we could improve our location on the ship without any increase in fare. 3 flights of stairs is much easier then 5 after the long walk from the aft. 🙂 I am getting all kinds of conflicting info on what a "Concierge" cabin offers over the standard veranda. Any recent experiences? Consistent seems to be a pillow menu, priority tenders (we don't plan on getting off on the port we have a tender), priority embark/disembark (Elite with our Royal status so is this really a perk?) but then the lines blur, bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon canapés, X Keychain, Tote Bag, fruit, binoculars, umbrella, different shower head, Exclusive lunch upon boarding. 

We are happy we got to move up at no cost since these cabins were about $800 more when we booked but just curious what to expect and what not to expect. 🙂 Pays to watch your prices. 

BonVoyage

Dawna

I have never seen the pillow menu.  You can ask your cabin steward for a different pillow if you find yours too hard or soft.  With varying degrees of success.  Sparkling wine is still available but sometimes it is not waiting for you in the cabin; you need to tell your steward when you want it.  Priority embarkation varies.  If you checked in on the app you would have Expedited Boarding regardless of your cabin designation.  Otherwise it generally is B2B, Zeniths and Suites first followed by Aquaclass and Concierge.  The embarkation lunch for Concierge Class in the MDR definitely does exist.

I’ve never seen a key chain  The upgraded tote bags seem to come and go; 4 cruises ago no tote bag “discontinued”. Then next 2 cruises received a tote bag.  Last cruise no tote bag “discontinued again”.
 Binoculars & umbrella are supplied in the cabin to be used during the cruise not a take home.   Fruit was 3 green apples and on the last 2 cruises it was not in the cabin.  Plenty of fruit available in the OV cafe. 

Found this list on Celebrity's site, wasn't expecting much but glad we made the move.

Concierge Class Stateroom

Personalized Concierge service

Priority check-in

Priority debarkation & tender service in all ports of call

Welcome sparkling wine

Pillow menu upon request

Premium Bath Amenities**

Plush 100% cotton bathrobes, slippers and towels

Celebrity tote bag & Celebrity embossed key holder

Plush Bathrobes

Complimentary use of umbrella and binoculars

Veranda with lounge seating

Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors

Celebrity's eXhale™ bedding & Cashmere Mattress**

HansGrohe massaging showerhead

Sitting area with sofa

Interactive Television system

Hair dryer

Exclusive Destination Seminar

Daily delivery of delectable delights

Complimentary beach towel service

Complimentary shoeshine service

Twice daily housekeeping service

Our signature friendly, personalized service with a guest to staff ratio of nearly 2:1

Complimentary breakfast, lunch, and dinner available in a variety of restaurants

Exclusive Concierge Class Embarkation Lunch

Expanded room service breakfast menu

BonVoyage

Dawna

For our last two Celebrity cruises, we had a Sunset Veranda (8347) and an aft C1 (1674), both on the Eclipse.We enjoyed the cabins equally, as we do all aft cabins, but I wouldn't pay more than a token amount to get the perks of a Concierge Class cabin. I might, however, if it helped me secure a cabin in a better location. In your case, a free upgrade is perfect way to get a better location!

The list you found is quite extensive, but many of the items you'll find in any cabin. The last time I checked, free breakfast, lunch and dinner was available to all passengers! And as been pointed out in this and many other threads, the inclusion of an item on the list doesn't guarantee that it will actually be available. Oh, BTW, the website has several different lists for concierge class perks, no two the same.   

1 hour ago, CruisinDawn said:

Just upgraded from a Sunset on deck 7 to a Concierge cabin deck 9 on the Equinox so we could improve our location on the ship without any increase in fare. 3 flights of stairs is much easier then 5 after the long walk from the aft. 🙂 I am getting all kinds of conflicting info on what a "Concierge" cabin offers over the standard veranda. Any recent experiences? Consistent seems to be a pillow menu, priority tenders (we don't plan on getting off on the port we have a tender), priority embark/disembark (Elite with our Royal status so is this really a perk?) but then the lines blur, bottle of sparkling wine, afternoon canapés, X Keychain, Tote Bag, fruit, binoculars, umbrella, different shower head, Exclusive lunch upon boarding. 

We got off a 15 day Hawaii cruise  on the Eclipse two weeks ago.    We had a C2 Concierge cabin and found the following negative changes since our last Celebrity cruise in a Concierge cabin, about a year ago....... instead of the bottle of sparkling wine iced in your cabin...you had to request it,   no more fruit in the cabin, and the upgraded Celebrity Tote Bag that we used to get in a Concierge cabin was replaced with the cheap tote bag that all the other cabins received.    Priority tender is a benefit with Elite status but not with a Concierge cabin.  Yes, there is a pillow menu on the activity sheet for the first day....if you happen to catch it.   And, the canapés.....disgusting little dollops of something, often indistinguishable, that are served without any utensils or napkins.   

OTOH, the lunch upon boarding is nice.   It gives you access to an uncrowded place in the main dining room, rather than fighting the crowd in the buffet, to relax and dine until your cabin is ready.   The room service menu is upgraded, something we like to use on mornings that we are getting ready to get off the ship in port (not offered on disembarkation morning).   And, if you are trying to build status points in the Captains Club, a Concierge cabin earns 5 pts per night, 2 pts more than a standard balcony cabin.

There are still benefits to a Concierge cabin, but they are more limited than they used to be.   Based upon the direction things seem to be going, I would not pay any appreciable premium for these cabins any longer.

Of course many of these items are included in all cabins and many more included with any veranda cabin. The "Premium bath amenities" no longer exist. All are in  large, refillable plastic bottles. If you want binoculars, bring your own. The ones in cabin are tiny and scratched. 

CruisinDawn: We are on your cruise & saw the drop this morning & moved from a 2B to a C1...no price increase. I agree w/the others...wouldn't pay more for CC...honestly, I see virtually no benefit other than a slightly better cabin location perhaps, although I would've been fine w/my deck 7 cabin. Did you look at the prices this afternoon? They went way up. 

50 minutes ago, RealDeal said:

CruisinDawn: We are on your cruise & saw the drop this morning & moved from a 2B to a C1...no price increase. I agree w/the others...wouldn't pay more for CC...honestly, I see virtually no benefit other than a slightly better cabin location perhaps, although I would've been fine w/my deck 7 cabin. Did you look at the prices this afternoon? They went way up. 

Yes, back up in a hurry today as I looked about an hour after I called my TA and it was up $600 more. Wasn't certain she got me moved but then checked my boarding info and she had, whew. Prices had dropped on Friday but dealing with a TA my hands were tied 😞 The last Family Veranda was also open for the same amount we paid as well but disappeared 1st thing Monday morning. Would have loved to have a bedroom with a door in the cabin. We did give up a wide balcony 7364 for a normal width but two less flights to climb each time we head to the action. Agree the perks were not worth the cost they were asking when we originally booked. Looking forward to our first Celebrity experience.

BonVoyage

Dawna

1 hour ago, CruisinDawn said:

Yes, back up in a hurry today as I looked about an hour after I called my TA and it was up $600 more. Wasn't certain she got me moved but then checked my boarding info and she had, whew. Prices had dropped on Friday but dealing with a TA my hands were tied 😞 The last Family Veranda was also open for the same amount we paid as well but disappeared 1st thing Monday morning. Would have loved to have a bedroom with a door in the cabin. We did give up a wide balcony 7364 for a normal width but two less flights to climb each time we head to the action. Agree the perks were not worth the cost they were asking when we originally booked. Looking forward to our first Celebrity experience.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Mine was $800 more! I'm curious about the FVs but not sure I'd like to be all the way forward. Oh, well....next time! 

10 hours ago, RealDeal said:

Mine was $800 more! I'm curious about the FVs but not sure I'd like to be all the way forward. Oh, well....next time! 

Yes, all the way forward but 2 bedrooms! One is back open today but $500 more then we paid. We are gonna stick where we are at. See ya onboard!

BonVoyage

Dawna

3 hours ago, CruisinDawn said:

Yes, all the way forward but 2 bedrooms! One is back open today but $500 more then we paid. We are gonna stick where we are at. See ya onboard!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Funny...I saw it this morning and thought of you & then I saw your post. Yup, $800 more than what I paid!