18 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Just OK?  Do you care to elaborate further?

It was expensive for the cruise. At midnight they handed out champagne for a while. Upper outside deck had music and dancing with flashing colored Styrofoam pipes for everyone. Every lounge that had music was jammed packed. We went to one lounge that was not packed and all the DJ played was Spanish music. I asked him if he could mix it up a bit. He told me straight out, if I do not like it go somewhere else. We sat outside of one of them and enjoyed the music at a distance. It was so very loud. Others did the same. I would say over 80% of the cruisers were of Spanish descent. Everyone was very nice and no problems at all as far as drunk or unruly.

5 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

It was expensive for the cruise. At midnight they handed out champagne for a while. Upper outside deck had music and dancing with flashing colored Styrofoam pipes for everyone. Every lounge that had music was jammed packed. We went to one lounge that was not packed and all the DJ played was Spanish music. I asked him if he could mix it up a bit. He told me straight out, if I do not like it go somewhere else. We sat outside of one of them and enjoyed the music at a distance. It was so very loud. Others did the same. I would say over 80% of the cruisers were of Spanish descent. Everyone was very nice and no problems at all as far as drunk or unruly.

I understand your disappointment with this experience.

I have enjoyed New Year's Eve on the Prinsendam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Zaandam, and Royal Princess (the current one).  Royal Princess was the most disappointing one and it started with dinner that night.  A 90 minute wait to get a table in the anytime MDR.  Requested to be seated with others and found myself at a table for two, set for one, with no chair opposite mine.  I chose to attend the balloon drop in the Atrium (with good music) when there were other parties with equally good music elsewhere on the ship.  The Atrium and its surrounding lounge venues were jammed packed!  If you left your seat, you lost it.  I was so disgusted that I decided to retire to my stateroom less than 20 minutes after Midnight.  

On the Prinsendam--which was the best New Year's Eve aboard--it was well after 2:00 A. M. before I "rolled" into my stateroom.  (I woke my traveling companion with my arrival and she said "where in the h$#l have you been!)  That was a great New Year's Eve!    

I just got off of what was a Thanksgiving cruise. They had up a few decorations, and they had a turkey dinner available in the dining room. Other than that nothing special. Remember, most of the crew has no connection to Thanksgiving. Christmas, which is a more universal holiday may be different though.

• 3 weeks later...

I can tell you this:  I know for a fact that Santa Claus will be in the terminal building!  He will be available and posing for photos with all guest 17 & under during the boarding process.  How do I know this to be true?  Well, I'm Santa!!772.thumb.jpeg.9ca9017e7d295a6f4940731fd494e0d5.jpeg

We just got back from our Grand Celebration Christmas cruise.  We got there early and missed Santa Claus in the terminal.  I heard he was great, though.  The ship was decorated.  There was a Christmas tree in the lobby and lots of decorations around the cruise ship.  We took a taxi cab to Pirates Cove beach club on Christmas day.  Nothing interesting (to us) was planned on the ship during the day.  In the evening, Santa visited in the Encore Lounge.  We sang Christmas carols, the children received small presents from Santa and there were photo opportunities with Santa.  At 9:45 pm there was a Christmas themed show.  

Photo of my 17 year old chihuahua, from the kennel, just for fun!  

81115702_2996821633684844_6554024762601897984_n.jpg

• 1 month later...