You Know You're on a Cruise When....

cruzanisfun

15 hours ago, Hlitner said:

We have been at this cruise game for over 40 years!  But some things never change or get old.  As we walk onto the ship at embarkation it is like all the problems of the world stay behind and we are truly home.  It does not matter which cruise line or ship....it just feels like home. 

Hank

I totally agree!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

The post to which both of us r.  eplied (which was referring to cruise room service). asked:  “Why don’t hotels do this - or do they?”

Cruise ships include room service at no charge - and hotels typically charge heavily. 

It is careless to say that hotels did what cruise ships did - without mentioning that rather significant difference.

That depends on the cruise line and what you order.

RCI charges for hot items for room service breakfast.  Continental breakfast (and hot coffee and tea) are included.

THIS is what the poster said - "When you wake up to a tap on the bedroom door and a guy/girl walks in with a tray full of exactly what you had ordered. 
(Why don't hotels do this - or do they?)."

And I replied, that hotels do offer this service.  And BTW, some resorts DO offer this for no charge.

Edited by SRF

On 11/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, navybankerteacher said:

Strictly speaking:    whatever you eat first, in any given day, perhaps at noon, or even later —- that is your breakfast.  It does not have to be corn flakes, or bacon and eggs, and it does not have to be in the morning  - it just is the first thing you eat that day.

Like it or not, you have breakfast every day.

Unless you have nothing to eat - then it's just a fast unbroken 🙄

11 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

Unless you have nothing to eat - then it's just a fast unbroken 🙄

Are you contemplating starving to death?  Because the only alternative to that is to have something to eat - and when you do (whether one day or one week after your previous meal) you will be having your breakfast.

On 11/26/2019 at 8:27 PM, cruzanisfun said:

....you have dessert at all 3 meals! 😂🤣😁😍

I was thinking about this today, so let's have some fun! Tell me how YOU know you're on a cruise!

After our third cruise (that's when my wife realized she positively LOVED CRUISING) I walked into the livingroom, the second day back, sat down across from her, and asked with a straight face, 'Where are going for meals, today ?? Seaday brunch, MDR or buffet ??' She stared at me, and I swear choked out in a tearful voice, 'Ohhhh Please !! Don't say that !! I MISS it soooo much !!😩 Then, I knew I had created a TRUE 'cruise addict' ! And we've never looked back !😁

Mac

• Like 5

On 12/1/2019 at 4:14 PM, clo said:

Whereas when we've been gone a couple of weeks I'm dying to get back in the kitchen!

Ohhhhhhhh how I WISH we could be gone for a couple of weeks' !!😜 Living on a fixed' income were doing good to afford a 7-10 day criuse !! Much less a thirty day (or longer) but it is on our 'bucket list' for some day. Just speaking for myself, Id love too do a transatlantic, since we both LOVE sea days.

Mac

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SmoothFlying said:

Id love too do a transatlantic, since we both LOVE sea days.

Whereas we love port days. Our upcoming Rio to Buenos Aires is 12 day and only one sea day.