Jump to content

Black Friday 2019 Help - can't get promo


kitofuwi
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

I'm seeing the Thanks & Thrills Sale for Black Friday, where it's 60% off second guest and Kids Sail Free.

 

However, when I choose the cruises, I only see 1 promo code, either BOGO60 or KSF, but not combined together.

 

I read the terms, and the dates I picked should be ok.  It also says "select cruises".

 

Does anyone know how the promo qualifies?  How do I know which ones are applicable?

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are the terms.  You don’t need to select any codes.  If kids sail free is applicable it will also be applied.  Make sure you put in the full number of guests 3 or 4 when pricing KSF as those cabins are a different category and have higher rates for guests 1 and 2.  There are many excluded dates...see below.

 

Kids Sail Free applies to new bookings made between November 27 – December 2, 2019.

Kids Sail Free provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on select 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Europe, Hawaii, and Repositioning sailings departing between January 4, 2020 – May 15, 2020 and August 31, 2020 – December 17, 2020.

Kids Sail Free offer excludes President’s Day sailings (Sailings between February 14 – 17, 2020), Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 14 – 23, 2020), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 3 – 17, 2020) and 2020 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 21 – 27, 2020).

In addition, Kids Sail Free applies to all Serenade of the Seas Alaska 2020 sailings.

Combinability: BOGO60 and Kids Sail Free are combinable with each other as well as with promotional OBCs, NextCruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Instant Savings offer is combinable with BOGO60, Kids Sail Free as well as well as with promotional OBCs, NextCruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers Free Upgrades and Shareholder Benefits but not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts. Offers are not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. Promo Code driven offers are based on select ships and sail dates and must be applied at time of booking, limit one promo code per booking.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Here are the terms.  You don’t need to select any codes.  If kids sail free is applicable it will also be applied.  Make sure you put in the full number of guests 3 or 4 when pricing KSF as those cabins are a different category and have higher rates for guests 1 and 2.  There are many excluded dates...see below.

 

Kids Sail Free applies to new bookings made between November 27 – December 2, 2019.

Kids Sail Free provides free cruise fare for 3rd guests and higher who are 12 years old or younger on select 4-night or longer Alaska, Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, Caribbean, CaribNE, Coastal, Europe, Hawaii, and Repositioning sailings departing between January 4, 2020 – May 15, 2020 and August 31, 2020 – December 17, 2020.

Kids Sail Free offer excludes President’s Day sailings (Sailings between February 14 – 17, 2020), Spring Break sailings (Sailings between March 14 – 23, 2020), Holy Week/Easter sailings (Sailings between April 3 – 17, 2020) and 2020 Thanksgiving sailings (Sailings between November 21 – 27, 2020).

In addition, Kids Sail Free applies to all Serenade of the Seas Alaska 2020 sailings.

Combinability: BOGO60 and Kids Sail Free are combinable with each other as well as with promotional OBCs, NextCruise offers, instant savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers, Free Upgrades, Crown and Anchor discounts and Shareholder Benefits. Instant Savings offer is combinable with BOGO60, Kids Sail Free as well as well as with promotional OBCs, NextCruise offers, Instant Savings, restricted discounts (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military), Promo Code driven offers Free Upgrades and Shareholder Benefits but not combinable with Crown and Anchor discounts. Offers are not combinable with any other offer or promotion, including, but not limited to, Standard Group, Interline, Travel Agent, Travel Agent Friends and Family, Weekly Sales Events, and Net Rates. Promo Code driven offers are based on select ships and sail dates and must be applied at time of booking, limit one promo code per booking.

 

Thanks Ourusualbeach.

 

As a test, I chose 7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas, Feb 29 2020 - Mar 7 2020.  This should be within the KSF applicable dates that is listed in the terms.

 

However, I'm not seeing both the KSF and 60% off combined in the discounts (as per the promotion of 60% off second guest + KSF).

 

See attached screenshot.

 

Shouldn't the flash sale be $521.40 ($869 * 60%), and not $100, to equate to the 60% 2nd guest?

 

In addition, there are some itineraries that the one or the other code does not get applied together, despite the dates are OK, so would this mean that it's not part of the "select sailings" as indicated in the terms?  If so, what are these "select sailings"?

 

Thanks!

RCL_BF1.png

Edited by kitofuwi
added 2nd question
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, kitofuwi said:

 

Thanks Ourusualbeach.

 

As a test, I chose 7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas, Feb 29 2020 - Mar 7 2020.  This should be within the KSF applicable dates that is listed in the terms.

 

However, I'm not seeing both the KSF and 60% off combined in the discounts (as per the promotion of 60% off second guest + KSF).

 

See attached screenshot.

 

Shouldn't the flash sale be $521.40 ($869 * 60%), and not $100, to equate to the 60% 2nd guest?

 

In addition, there are some itineraries that the one or the other code does not get applied together, despite the dates are OK, so would this mean that it's not part of the "select sailings" as indicated in the terms?  If so, what are these "select sailings"?

 

Thanks!

RCL_BF1.png

I just check quite a few cruise on the travel agent site and it looks like the kids sail free has not loaded correctly or at all in many cases. 

 

All that I can suggest is keep trying. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s a “not at all” situation. I just got off the phone with RCI about it.


After much back-and-frothing, a supervisor stated that they are not combinable, so I quoted back the website’s own info (thanks Ourusualbeach for posting the conditions!)


I was told that the conditions published above are not correct. These offers are definitely not combinable. No amount of logic on my part had any effect on the supervisor that eventually confirmed this.

 

The fact that there’s a fundamental issue with this (requiring a correction to the conditions or a bug fix) went whooshing right over their heads, and it’s not being bumped up.

 

Hopefully, more people will call and complain that they can’t get the published offer, and a brighter set of lightbulbs will bump the issue up to the appropriate Dept.. Unfortunately, most people won’t go that far, and just assume that their sailing is not eligible...

 

For a two-day sale, they better figure it out quickly, and either correct the info or fix the bug.

Edited by snowglobe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m also not able to get the kids sail free sailings to show up. In fact, the prices are much higher than yesterday. Seems like they got the typical price hike before the sale and then got distracted and forgot to put in the actual sale. 
 

I can just see this playing out at headquarters. IT guys come in this morning, oh crap, we forgot to load kids sail free last night! But we already loaded the ads.  Better fix that right away. Meanwhile, management calls down. What have you guys done! New bookings are through the roof! Keep up the good work, don’t change a thing. lol 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, snowglobe said:

It’s a “not at all” situation. I just got off the phone with RCI about it.


After much back-and-frothing, a supervisor stated that they are not combinable, so I quoted back the website’s own info (thanks Ourusualbeach for posting the conditions!)


I was told that the conditions published above are not correct. These offers are definitely not combinable. No amount of logic on my part had any effect on the supervisor that eventually confirmed this.

 

The fact that there’s a fundamental issue with this (requiring a correction to the conditions or a bug fix) went whooshing right over their heads, and it’s not being bumped up.

 

Hopefully, more people will call and complain that they can’t get the published offer, and a brighter set of lightbulbs will bump the issue up to the appropriate Dept.. Unfortunately, most people won’t go that far, and just assume that their sailing is not eligible...

 

For a two-day sale, they better figure it out quickly, and either correct the info or fix the bug.

Not quite sure why they are not combinable as they have been in the past every time they have run a KSF 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see the banner for the Black Friday sale in cruise planner.  But when I log in, it keeps asking me to log in again.  Then I see prices for the beverage package, but it gives a range of prices as if I am not actually logged into my cruise planner.  Is anyone else having this problem?  Maybe I can't actually get the deal until Black Friday??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, LICruiser61 said:

 Is anyone else having this problem?  Maybe I can't actually get the deal until Black Friday??

 

It took forever to load, but did finally - the prices across the board, though, are nothing better than I've seen over the last 3 months 😞  (Harmony 5/2020 sailing)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ooookay, DBP plus one device is coming in at 524$ total for me and 10 year granddaughter is obviously not considered.

Is this the best I can hope for?

 

It was at times up to 75$, now it is down to 65, I think I will wait until Friday, it is very frustrating to have to play their wack a mole games.

Edited by Judyrem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

Ooookay, DBP plus one device is coming in at 524$ total for me and 10 year granddaughter is obviously not considered.

Is this the best I can hope for?

 

 

 

Unpredictable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, COFlyers2 said:

 

It took forever to load, but did finally - the prices across the board, though, are nothing better than I've seen over the last 3 months 😞  (Harmony 5/2020 sailing)

 

Yup.  Same here.  I previously got the UBP for $57 pp/pd.  Black Friday sale is at $61.  What a let down!  :classic_sad:

Edited by LICruiser61
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try checking again. I looked first thing this morning and although the pink KSF label was showing when entering the number of kids, the price wasn't reflected.  I just re-tried recently and now it's picked up to reduce the cost for KSF for my younger one.

 

 

Edited by LuCruise
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So Frustrated!! I sent my mom to change her soda package price.  She cancelled the soda package on line but couldn't add the new one in.  So she called...

 

THEY CANCELLED THE MISTAKE DRINK PACKAGE PRICE ON A DIFFERENT CRUISE.

 

She's now waiting for a call back for them to be able to reinstate that price.  I'm furious!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, kitofuwi said:

 

Thanks Ourusualbeach.

 

As a test, I chose 7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas, Feb 29 2020 - Mar 7 2020.  This should be within the KSF applicable dates that is listed in the terms.

 

However, I'm not seeing both the KSF and 60% off combined in the discounts (as per the promotion of 60% off second guest + KSF).

 

See attached screenshot.

 

Shouldn't the flash sale be $521.40 ($869 * 60%), and not $100, to equate to the 60% 2nd guest?

 

In addition, there are some itineraries that the one or the other code does not get applied together, despite the dates are OK, so would this mean that it's not part of the "select sailings" as indicated in the terms?  If so, what are these "select sailings"?

 

Thanks!

RCL_BF1.png

It’s fixed now.  Price is $1608

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, snowglobe said:

It’s a “not at all” situation. I just got off the phone with RCI about it.


After much back-and-frothing, a supervisor stated that they are not combinable, so I quoted back the website’s own info (thanks Ourusualbeach for posting the conditions!)


I was told that the conditions published above are not correct. These offers are definitely not combinable. No amount of logic on my part had any effect on the supervisor that eventually confirmed this.

 

The fact that there’s a fundamental issue with this (requiring a correction to the conditions or a bug fix) went whooshing right over their heads, and it’s not being bumped up.

 

Hopefully, more people will call and complain that they can’t get the published offer, and a brighter set of lightbulbs will bump the issue up to the appropriate Dept.. Unfortunately, most people won’t go that far, and just assume that their sailing is not eligible...

 

For a two-day sale, they better figure it out quickly, and either correct the info or fix the bug.

And as I suspected you were told incorrect information. It was a glitch in loading the KSF as it is now working and combinable. 

 

It it baffles me that their reps time and time again just make stuff up instead of checking or simply saying I dint know but I will report the issue to someone in the correct department. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

 ...

 

It it baffles me that their reps time and time again just make stuff up instead of checking or simply saying I dint know but I will report the issue to someone in the correct department. 

 

They must be paid based on the number of answers they make up.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, LICruiser61 said:

I confirmed with RCI this morning...  this is NOT the Black Friday sale.  This sale ends tomorrow and a new sale starts on Friday.  Hopefully prices will be better!

Doubtful. Regardless of what they call a "sale", the prices rarely (if ever) go down between sales. The old retail mantra "we mark em up so we can mark em down" must be emblazoned over every office door at RCL's marketing division. Even when they do a KSF promotion, they tend to jack up the price on guests one and two to compensate for giving guests three and four a "free" ride. (Not really free BTW, because added guests still pay port fees and taxes just like guests one and two.)

Edited by orville99
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...