Schooner Bar

So I am booked on the December 14th cruise on the Majesty of the Seas.  I sent Royal an email asking who the scheduled entertainment is for our sailing esp Schooner Bar as we really like hanging out in there at night.

Here is the reply I got back:

For the December 14th sailing of the Majesty of the Seas, we currently have Gary Caouette performing the welcome comedy show and Michael Holly performing comedy juggling as the headliner. While the onboard entertainment is subject to change based on performer availability, we do not currently have a Schooner Bar performer for your sailing. I am very sorry for any disappointment thus causes. For specific information regarding times, locations, and any additional entertainers that may be performing please consult the Cruise Compass once onboard.

Has anyone been on a Royal cruise where there was no Piano player in the Schooner bar????

Last few cruises we thought it would be better if there wasn't anyone playing in the Schooner Bar.  While this is very subjective, we found the entertainers to be pretty lame piano people.  Usually one of our favorite hangouts.

• Like 1

We cruised on Adventure last year and there was no "regular" piano player in the Schooner Bar. There were 3 or 4 different people that rotated through for the duration of the cruise. One of them didn't even play the piano, she played the violin. It was very disappointing as none of them were very good

5 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

We cruised on Adventure last year and there was no "regular" piano player in the Schooner Bar. There were 3 or 4 different people that rotated through for the duration of the cruise. One of them didn't even play the piano, she played the violin. It was very disappointing as none of them were very good

Oh no...I hope they have changed this since. We're going on Adventure and love the Schooner Bar in the evenings....when you have a great piano player.  The best we've seen so far was the guy on Navigator this past August.  

9 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Oh no...I hope they have changed this since. We're going on Adventure and love the Schooner Bar in the evenings....when you have a great piano player.  The best we've seen so far was the guy on Navigator this past August.  

I liked Kelly Goodrich from our Freedom days

• Like 2

That is our favorite hang out too. Some really good, some not so. And sometimes we like to ask for songs in their weak point. For example a heavily accented Romanian who isn't too good with country music. We make it a sing along to help. We tip each night and then a larger tip at thecrnd gor putting up with us. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

38 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Back in August/Sept on Adventure, Peter James was in the Schooner Bar about 5-6 nights during the week.

Edit:  Looks like he's still there...definitely a must see! 👍

https://www.peterjamesband.com

Edited by 3CatsInMA
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

That is our favorite hang out too. Some really good, some not so. And sometimes we like to ask for songs in their weak point. For example a heavily accented Romanian who isn't too good with country music. We make it a sing along to help. We tip each night and then a larger tip at thecrnd gor putting up with us. 

Giovanni last April was good on board Grandeur.

The person in August 2018 was PAINFUL.  I did not even like to walk through the Schooner Bar when he was playing.

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Giovanni last April was good on board Grandeur.

The person in August 2018 was PAINFUL.  I did not even like to walk through the Schooner Bar when he was playing.

Matt Yee? I know a lot of people love his act but I could not tolerate it after one night.

16 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Matt Yee? I know a lot of people love his act but I could not tolerate it after one night.

No idea.  And I think I tossed the Cruise Compasses.

This guy was just BAD.

Edited by SRF