Shore excursion cancelled

clarets

I have had an e-mail today to inform me that a excursion we have booked to st Vincent whilst sailing on britannia has been cancelled

and p&o have successfully processed a refund into our bank, well two things......no money yet showing in bank and at this moment

even more annoying no explanation of why the trip has been cancelled.

Anyone had any experience of this in the past?

Thanks.

We have had it a couple of times, disappointing but hey ho. 

I think it is usually down to slow uptake, although our last one was out of P&O control, but we had to call them to find this out. 

We have always received refunds promptly. 

I hope you get it sorted quickly. 

Andy 

Yes this has happened to us before both before sailing and during sailing. In the case of before sailing, we noticed the refund before any email from P&O. As Andy has said this could be for a number of reasons - change of itinerary, slow uptake which makes the excursion not viable, or if something out of their control means the excursion cannot take place now. 

You could call P&O on the free phone number to enquire why?

Best Wishes,

Carla

Edited by CarlaMarie

We experienced a similar problem once on board, with an accessible excursion in the Caribbean, P&O said they could no longer hire the vehicle in question.  I played hard ball with the excursion team and they eventually found another vehicle, and after further discussions they agreed to honour the original price as well. 

24 minutes ago, caber said:

Our 17th January Cruise now has Martinique instead of St. Vincent. We got an email telling us there were no berth available in St. Vincent. 

24 minutes ago, caber said:

Our 17th January Cruise now has Martinique instead of St. Vincent. We got an email telling us there were no berth available in St. Vincent. 

Hi have docked at both ports and found Martinique very clean very safe lots of lovely little shops and it seem its like Mini N.Y streets and avenues and PS your in Europe and can use your phone.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, so,ton saint said:

Hi have docked at both ports and found Martinique very clean very safe lots of lovely little shops and it seem its like Mini N.Y streets and avenues and PS your in Europe and can use your phone.

I agree, Martinique feels very safe to walk around, whereas Kingstown in St Vincent can feel very threatening, even on the main street.

• 2 months later...
On 11/28/2019 at 10:52 PM, terrierjohn said:

I agree, Martinique feels very safe to walk around, whereas Kingstown in St Vincent can feel very threatening, even on the main street.

Totally agree re Kingstown.  Was brave enough to have a beer in one of the shacks between the main street and the waterfront, but fully understood why the small bar/cafes at the cruise terminal were so busy.

Next time we'll try the water taxi to the beach instead.