Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

sid_9169

On 12/7/2019 at 8:40 AM, sid_9169 said:

After ten and a half hours of sleep, I'm ready to conquer the last day on board the beautiful Norwegian Encore... I was thinking about this incredible journey we've been on this week, beginning with three Thanksgiving dinners...

The trip to Miami, and the at least five, maybe six bars / restaurants that we spent huge amounts on, but it was so fun anyway...

Finally, the next morning, the anticipation of boarding the ship, and the quest for Vibe passes...

All the incredible food and beverages consumed on board. The great service from the staff and crew of the Encore, too many to name.

The great adventures on land in our three ports. Even, when I thought that they had drugged our drinks at the little hole in the wall bar in San Juan...

Swimming in the beautiful blue waters of the Caribbean, and nearly getting run over trying to walk to that taco place...

The trip to Jost van Dyke on the Rebel Yell, and the beautiful beach at White Bay.

There were a few hiccups along the way, but they're so insignificant now that I won't even mention them...

And, you... The readers who stuck it out all the way through this journey... And, the ones who may not have, but they're not reading this now, and I appreciate whatever part they did enjoy.

Thank you to all of you who commented along the way, and to the ones who merely lurked... Hopefully today will be a great final sea day... I really don't look forward to leaving in the morning, but four thousand other people are probably in Miami right now anticipating the awesome cruise that they're about to enjoy......

Thank You Sid!,

I'm ready to start packing now for our 1/19 Encore Cruise!

Wife wont let me, we need the spare bedroom open she says.

I told her we have a couch, I just got "that look".

Once again, Thank You Sid!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, GirlWriter said:

Well, but that just isn't true. Lounger furniture is made specifically to put one's feet up.

I agree. And I think it's confusing if their feet are not supposed to be put up. I do think it would be nice to have something disposable or removable to put there. Someone had that idea earlier in this thread. Shoes make them dirty. Bare feet and (possibly) sweaty smelly sock feet are a problem too if it's indoor furniture and 1000s have their feet up on the same furniture. Not sure what the solution is on the loungers except to not have them. But the couches and feet all over them as well as sleeping people on them... well, there is no solution for that, that I can see. No one pays attention to signs and the staff can't be expected to police it all the time. 

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

I agree. And I think it's confusing if their feet are not supposed to be put up. I do think it would be nice to have something disposable or removable to put there. Someone had that idea earlier in this thread. Shoes make them dirty. Bare feet and (possibly) sweaty smelly sock feet are a problem too if it's indoor furniture and 1000s have their feet up on the same furniture. Not sure what the solution is on the loungers except to not have them. But the couches and feet all over them as well as sleeping people on them... well, there is no solution for that, that I can see. No one pays attention to signs and the staff can't be expected to police it all the time. 

My solution would be do not put your feet up on the loungers, couches, etc.

If the loungers are made to have your feet on them, they should put at the bottom the things they use on the bed

if you put your luggage on there.  I do not understand if people wanted to nap, they wouldn't go to their cabin but rather

want to spread out in the open in an "Observation" lounge???

Crazy.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, js said:

My solution would be do not put your feet up on the loungers, couches, etc.

If the loungers are made to have your feet on them, they should put at the bottom the things they use on the bed

if you put your luggage on there.  I do not understand if people wanted to nap, they wouldn't go to their cabin but rather

want to spread out in the open in an "Observation" lounge???

Crazy.

I agree with this. The only problem is that it is pretty much impossible to sit on a lounger comfortably without putting your feet up. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:14 AM, sid_9169 said:

I believe they're experimenting with around two hundred passes to feel out the demand on the services up here... On the website it says 300, but they haven't sold that many yet... If you get group one through four, and walk fast you'll be good to go. I boarded with platinum, and I was the fourth person to show up at the Social...

How much are the Vibe Passes now?

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing your trip with us all! We will be on the Dec 22nd cruise. What Pier did the Encore tie up at in San Juan? I heard there are 2 different ones. One walking distance to OSJ & the other one farther away. We are meeting family that lives there & trying to figure out where they should meet us. Thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, turtletam said:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us all! We will be on the Dec 22nd cruise. What Pier did the Encore tie up at in San Juan? I heard there are 2 different ones. One walking distance to OSJ & the other one farther away. We are meeting family that lives there & trying to figure out where they should meet us. Thanks!

It was right in old San Juan...

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

$209 per person on a 7 day cruise...

Really, Sid? I remember seeing that figure in your review, but thought it was for 2 people, because when I sailed the Getaway for a 7 day cruise, it was only $99pp, and I thought THAT amount was too much, when you can get an adult area free on Carnival and RCCL.  No way would I pay that! That is crazy, Sid! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I apologise for being slack about giving my final thoughts on the Encore... The day after I got home, I came down with the dreaded "cruise crud"... I wanted to just lay at home in bed, but I'm already only going to be getting a half paycheck this week... I promise to get this whole thing wrapped up, along with the traditional thank you list by this weekend...

Thanks again to all of you who shared in the adventure...

• Like 12