Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

Recommended Posts

What is the “OL”? And why do so many people sleep in it? I have never slept during the day on a cruise....that’s what nighttime is for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"C" decided to go and brave the lobster line, and came back with two heaping plates of lobster tails and king crab legs... I wasn't able to get a picture because my hands were covered in crab juice... I did go and get a couple of pictures of the king crab and lobster...

IMG_20191202_172247.thumb.jpg.38fa914131f9411979ebf74b944b18f2.jpg

 

 

IMG_20191202_172257.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I have a theory about the barefoot folks because this is what my first instinct in the observation lounge would be....I wonder if they think they are being polite taking off their shoes! After all, one of the rules I was raised with was no shoes on furniture so maybe they are just following that rule. Obviously you then need to go a step further and think to yourself that this isn’t your living room and others have to share your sweaty, smelly foot patch BUT maybe they just stop at the “no shoes on the couch “ piece..,,,,,

A little late to the party today. 

 

It could be that.  If I was planning on sitting on one of those, I would probably take my shoes off.  But that would only be if I had socks on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you planning on checking out any of the shows? I heard Choir of Man was a not-to-be-missed event and if you go early you can get a drink at the bar on stage!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

"C" decided to go and brave the lobster line, and came back with two heaping plates of lobster tails and king crab legs... I wasn't able to get a picture because my hands were covered in crab juice... I did go and get a couple of pictures of the king crab and lobster...

IMG_20191202_172247.thumb.jpg.38fa914131f9411979ebf74b944b18f2.jpg

 

 

IMG_20191202_172257.jpg

Sid. Is this part of normal dining.  Or do you have to pay extra for this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nccruzencouple said:

Sid. Is this part of normal dining.  Or do you have to pay extra for this. 

Included, but probably only for the first couple of sailings...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

"C" decided to go and brave the lobster line, and came back with two heaping plates of lobster tails and king crab legs... I wasn't able to get a picture because my hands were covered in crab juice... I did go and get a couple of pictures of the king crab and lobster...

 

Thanks Sid.  You have no idea how this has helped me.  Strange but true....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy to be sharing your adventures again Sid.  I was wondering how loud it is near the cart track and more importantly if the sounds travel down to the Waterfront.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, my plan turned out to be a bust... Last time, I basically just followed another group of people in. This time, the guy was checking each and every person's invitation if they weren't staying in the Haven.  A guy that "C" was talking to in Vibe, who was staying in the Haven came out, and said we were his guests, and the guard still wouldn't budge...

 

So, what do I usually do when my master plan fails? I go out drinking, which is what I'm about to do now. I put my Boba Fett t-shirt and swimming trunks back on, because I'm going to need the pants and shirt for Ocean Blue in a couple of days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

don't cruisers on NCL have their own beds to sleep in?


My thoughts exactly! Is their cabin so bad that they can’t nap there? Or are the cushions filled with poppies? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, my plan turned out to be a bust... Last time, I basically just followed another group of people in. This time, the guy was checking each and every person's invitation if they weren't staying in the Haven.  A guy that "C" was talking to in Vibe, who was staying in the Haven came out, and said we were his guests, and the guard still wouldn't budge...

 

So, what do I usually do when my master plan fails? I go out drinking, which is what I'm about to do now. I put my Boba Fett t-shirt and swimming trunks back on, because I'm going to need the pants and shirt for Ocean Blue in a couple of days...

 

Nooo! I was so pulling for you. Is there any way you can use CC to get you into the Haven? Photo opp? Show how many followers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only one thing could cheer me up after my failure... Bong and Cowboy at the mojito bar... Jalapeno cucumber with zacapa dark rum...

 

IMG_20191202_184533.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never cruised NCL (I'm just here for Sid's review). I cannot believe that people sleep in a public lounge. You have the one woman with the pillow under her ass and then other people putting their face on the pillows. Blegh!!! And the two sleeping together? What in the world. Get a room!

 

Great review as always Sid.  I'm having fun following you and St Greg's live review. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

 

Nooo! I was so pulling for you. Is there any way you can use CC to get you into the Haven? Photo opp? Show how many followers? 

I get the feeling that I'm going to get an invitation to the Haven restaurant for dinner soon... I haven't completely given up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 3:37 PM, sid_9169 said:

Hopefully everyone out there has a good sense of humor... If you end up being offended, please change the channel...

 

76705272_2440031876246341_801565219556950016_n.jpg

Love this! I am now along for the ride, Sid. I was over on Saint Greg’s review and saw you post, and remembered your Encore review, so here I am, following you both. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uggh... Something tells me I'm going to regret eating three plates of king crab and lobster tails... My stomach is starting to rumble...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a rough day at work, I was excited to come home and pretend I was on this cruise through your posts. I’m beyond excited to see that you busted out THE shirt, if only for a brief appearance. Keep up the great work Sid!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

Love this! I am now along for the ride, Sid. I was over on Saint Greg’s review and saw you post, and remembered your Encore review, so here I am, following you both. 😎

Hopefully Greg doesn't find out that I have eleven thousand more views at this point...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bong whipped me up something special he calls the Floridita... Rum, grapefruit juice, lime, and some other stuff I can't remember...

 

IMG_20191202_190705.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bong is doing his full fledged comedy show right about now... Just what I needed. Hopefully, the magic show will follow...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...