Cruise Critic Community
sid_9169

Encore / Live / Solo(*)- Dec 1-8-2019...

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Bong is doing his full fledged comedy show right about now... Just what I needed. Hopefully, the magic show will follow...

Where's the mouse?!?*

12 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

IMG_20191202_095406.thumb.jpg.4ac419aaa452b32a75bb11fea6a5dc45.jpg

Artwork outside Food Republic.

IMG_20191202_095340.thumb.jpg.27f3332003420b7891622e6cfc5afacf.jpg

IMG_20191202_095401.thumb.jpg.8c3f4aeb55fb23194cfca4c1d418042f.jpg

IMG_20191202_095417.jpg

Same artist that designed the chandelier perhaps?

Loved the OL chronicles, though now my stomach may be *almost* as queasy as poor C’s was at sea today.

Looking forward to tomorrow! 

Longtime lurker checking in. Thanks so much for doing this, and enjoy your vacation! 

1 hour ago, deedle7544 said:

its 10pm....

NCL switches ship time to port time. Eastern cruises lose hours on the way out then gain on the way home. Western gain on the way out and lose on the way home. The westerns that start in roatan actually gain an hour the first two nights... or at least did before the time change in November. 

2 minutes ago, smplybcause said:

NCL switches ship time to port time. Eastern cruises lose hours on the way out then gain on the way home. Western gain on the way out and lose on the way home. The westerns that start in roatan actually gain an hour the first two nights... or at least did before the time change in November. 

But he's still at sea...I think he's on tequila time. 

1 minute ago, deedle7544 said:

But he's still at sea...I think he's on tequila time. 

Ha! Definitely teqilia time. He mentioned last night that the clocked moved ahead so he's teqilia time + 1.

So bummed you didn't make it into the captain's reception - bet there weren't any sleepers in there! Can't wait to see how many feet on couches and members of nappers anonymous we get tomorrow!

Are you in port tomorrow? If so, what are our plans for the day?

Loving your review, can’t wait to see what we are doing once we get to port

Edited by bina
Missed a word

Good morning, Sid

Amazing photos as usual. Thanks for taking us on your adventure. I can hardly wait for the first port😎

You said you are friendly competition with Saint Greg. You now have 103 posters and countless number of ones who just react to your posts.

10 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

If there is such a sign, everyone was clearly ignoring it... I'll look tomorrow.

image.png.ebc9cd73fc45656805552493fa474e6e.png

From Bird Travel's Encore review, there is a blurb on OL policy front page of the Freestyle Daily's!  They had the same thing on Bliss.

Wow, at 6:30 I got up and said five more minutes... Well, I five more minutes for two and a half more hours... No big deal, we don't arrive in San Juan until 5:30... Still, it seems like I'm sleeping my vacation away.

I'm standing in the OL now (for obvious reasons) there are several who have already settled into their nest for the day...

After I finish my Starbucks coffee, I'm going to see what looks good for breakfast. Yesterday, I beat the rush, but it's slammed in the Garden Cafe right about now...

When I cruise, I use ear plugs at night... I think something about the isolation makes my dreams even that much more vivid. I think that's the reason I couldn't (or, wouldn't) get out of bed at a decent hour this morning. Some of the dreams were downright insane, while some of the others, I wish would come true...

67375441_1176346705900962_4831095891622363136_n.jpg

Someone yesterday asked about noise from the race track... Since their electric, there really is almost no noise at all. At least, that's what I observed when I walked back there...

Great review so far Sid, some great perspectives and comments, keeps me entertained for sure!! (great shirt yesterday too!)

Only going to be my second NCL cruise, did Bliss last Feb, looking for Vibe this Feb, do they sell them in the Social or Guest Services desk?

I am just even more disgusted by all the toe-jam jerks knowing there is a big box on the dailies telling them SOCKS or STOCKINGS must be worn on your feet. I don't understand how people can be so clueless and nasty. I hope to God it's not like that in the Haven OL...

One thing about NCL compared to Carnival... No bacon police... Just a big 'ol pile of bacon for the takin'...

IMG_20191203_084944.jpg

I guess I'm going to try and get some sun up at Vibe... I really haven't been getting my money's worth up there so far...

IMG_20191203_092125.jpg

IMG_20191203_092148.jpg

Very entertaining review that helped affirm this is not the ship for me.  The pool looks crowded and that lounge has some real pigs laying about.  I understand wanted to put up your feet (in socks please) as the chairs by the window are designed for but if you start getting sleepy....go to your cabin.  Let someone enjoy the view or read.

1 minute ago, sid_9169 said:

Port side of Vibe completely deserted...

IMG_20191203_092723.thumb.jpg.b0a4d161ee2879476eef4147f041eab7.jpg

IMG_20191203_092729.jpg

Yesterday you posted some pics of pool deck being jammed. How was deck 17 overlooking the pool deck? Was it just as jammed? I'm sailing Encore 1/19 and not getting Vibe passes so we're hopeful to scrounge a few seats up on deck 17 on sea days. We are not adverse to hanging out with the crowds. It's kind of become part of the experience. As long as I can get my drink on, have a seat, and occasionally go in the whirlpool/pool, I'm good to go.

TIA