Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
BBMacLaird

Black Friday TOUR sale!

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Medeba said:

I am on the Papeete to Auckland cruise on 23 January /.../ The other excursion I booked is no longer showing so I'm hoping it's fully booked and not cancelled!


If it was the Reef walk in Gisborne, that one is indeed no longer offered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bonnie,

 

I was finally able to see the deals in my account with some CAD-pricing discounts - not great deals - but significant enough to cancel and rebook, which the system allowed me to do (surprised to hear about the T&C conditions mentioned above.)

 

Thank you for alerting us to the sale, as it’s how I found out about it. 
It was a let down to not see the “deals” at first, but I checked again a few times until some eventually appeared.
 

As usual though, I couldn’t do anything on my iPad (Safari nor Google Chrome) to book what I was now seeing, so had to borrow Bill’s laptop to actually carry out the various changes that I wanted to make - the usual “WHOOPS” website dysfunction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, snowglobe said:


If it was the Reef walk in Gisborne, that one is indeed no longer offered.

Hi Snowglobe.  No it wasn't; it was one on Queen Charlotte Sound out of Picton.  I see that you managed to cancel your excursions and rebook to get the discount.  Did you use onboard credit to pay for the shorex?  I was worried if I cancelled that I might lose my OBC and also the time slot I booked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, snowglobe said:

Bonnie,

 

I was finally able to see the deals in my account with some CAD-pricing discounts - not great deals - but significant enough to cancel and rebook, which the system allowed me to do (surprised to hear about the T&C conditions mentioned above.)

 

Thank you for alerting us to the sale, as it’s how I found out about it. 
It was a let down to not see the “deals” at first, but I checked again a few times until some eventually appeared.
 

As usual though, I couldn’t do anything on my iPad (Safari nor Google Chrome) to book what I was now seeing, so had to borrow Bill’s laptop to actually carry out the various changes that I wanted to make - the usual “WHOOPS” website dysfunction.

 

Congratulations on identifying some deals in CAD!

 

Can I ask if they were specifically marked as such, or did you compare it to the price you paid?

 

I have checked our excursions, but nothing specifically showing a drop in price.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nordski said:

 

Congratulations on identifying some deals in CAD!

 

Can I ask if they were specifically marked as such, or did you compare it to the price you paid?

 

I have checked our excursions, but nothing specifically showing a drop in price.


Since I booked the cruises in CAD, my Voyage Planner has always been priced in CAD when I log in. All of my OBC has been converted to CAD automatically as well. It’s my understanding that it’s only once I board that prices will revert to USD.

 

Regarding the BF “deals”:

 

I’m an iPad user. Eventually, several hours after the sale started, I was able to see the shore excursions with a small yellow banner that identified “10%”, “20%”, or a “pre-departure” price, when browsing on my iPad.

 

There was a newly-listed excursion in Oban that I wanted to start by reserving first. But when I tried to book it, I couldn’t. I ran into the same problem that I’ve been having for months and months - getting the “WHOOPS” page on the iPad when trying to basket. 

 

So I switched to Bill’s laptop.

HOWEVER, on the laptop, none of the discounted “deals” showed a yellow banner. Not one of them was identified as a “deal” even though the pricing was reduced. If using a laptop or a desktop, there’s a good chance you have no way of easily seeing which ones are discounted, because that yellow banner is simply not there.

 

I had to have the iPad in one hand to spot the “deals”, and the laptop in the other hand (figuratively speaking) to actually do the bookings - IT-related Azamara-normal ridiculousness, as I’ve learned to expect over this pre-cruise year.

 

There were a couple of price drops for excursions that we had previously booked, and I had to go to the confirmation e-mails to check the “deal” against what we had already paid (using OBC.) In each of the two cases, we did save a bit (roughly 10%) by cancelling and rebooking.


Medeba: The cancelled refund was immediately returned into my OBC total, and I was able to use it to re-book.

nordski: The rebooked deals that were priced lower for us were a kayaking excursion for Bill in Dunedin and a full day tour in Hobart. 

Edited by snowglobe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/29/2019 at 5:27 PM, excitedofharpenden said:

Can you tell me which ones as I'm on that cruise?  I can then check it. Thanks!

 

Phil 


Phil (and others),

I’ll try to post a list of the “deals” that I’m seeing on my iPad on the Roll Call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, snowglobe said:

Medeba: The cancelled refund was immediately returned into my OBC total, and I was able to use it to re-book.

Hi Snowglobe.  Thanks very much for this information.  Like you, I was able to cancel and rebook at the lower price.  My husband can now have some OBC for special drinks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, snowglobe said:


Since I booked the cruises in CAD, my Voyage Planner has always been priced in CAD when I log in. All of my OBC has been converted to CAD automatically as well. It’s my understanding that it’s only once I board that prices will revert to USD.

 

Regarding the BF “deals”:

 

I’m an iPad user. Eventually, several hours after the sale started, I was able to see the shore excursions with a small yellow banner that identified “10%”, “20%”, or a “pre-departure” price, when browsing on my iPad.

 

There was a newly-listed excursion in Oban that I wanted to start by reserving first. But when I tried to book it, I couldn’t. I ran into the same problem that I’ve been having for months and months - getting the “WHOOPS” page on the iPad when trying to basket. 

 

So I switched to Bill’s laptop.

HOWEVER, on the laptop, none of the discounted “deals” showed a yellow banner. Not one of them was identified as a “deal” even though the pricing was reduced. If using a laptop or a desktop, there’s a good chance you have no way of easily seeing which ones are discounted, because that yellow banner is simply not there.

 

I had to have the iPad in one hand to spot the “deals”, and the laptop in the other hand (figuratively speaking) to actually do the bookings - IT-related Azamara-normal ridiculousness, as I’ve learned to expect over this pre-cruise year.

 

There were a couple of price drops for excursions that we had previously booked, and I had to go to the confirmation e-mails to check the “deal” against what we had already paid (using OBC.) In each of the two cases, we did save a bit (roughly 10%) by cancelling and rebooking.


Medeba: The cancelled refund was immediately returned into my OBC total, and I was able to use it to re-book.

nordski: The rebooked deals that were priced lower for us were a kayaking excursion for Bill in Dunedin and a full day tour in Hobart. 


Thanks for the details.

 

Unfortunately for us no platforms provided a reduction for our excursions, perhaps our cruise is just too far out.

 

Good news that the deal has worked for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing worked for us still don’t know if that’s because there were none available on our US booking or because we are booked through UK for one. 
Certainly for UK guests there weren’t any real Black Friday offers across the board with Azamara though there were elsewhere 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Robson1 said:

Terms state it is only for cruises departing Dec 7th - Feb 10th

image.png

Thank you Robson1 for posting this, much appreciated.

 

It would appear to be a very narrow window of opportunity and could have saved a lot of searching and checking  over the last two days if we had all known this at the outset. Sometimes half information is worse than no information! 
Thanks again for putting us out of our misery as our cruises are April and June.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

BIG sigh. ... SIGH!!!!!!

What a Big Ado about NOTHING. 

Why , ohh, why?

Yep!  Hopeless.  This kind of thing doesn’t do anything to promote the brand.  It just cheapens it if anything.

 

Phil

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Yep!  Hopeless.  This kind of thing doesn’t do anything to promote the brand.  It just cheapens it if anything.

 

Phil

Totally agree!  Wasted my time and others during a cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually something is FAR wrong with the Land Discoveries offering.  On our cruise last week we heard a lot of people had tours cancelled (but I cannot substantiate that number).  On our first cruise, the transatlantic, DH had his cycling tour cancelled.  We only did one tour last cruise, it wasn't great but it ran.

This cruise, on turn around day we discovered he had lost the one tour of our 32 days onboard that really mattered to him, his Connection with Cricket Legends.   At that time, in discussion with the staff we were told that the operators needed high numbers nowadays....  We booked the only other tour in Barbados that appealed and less than 24 hours before we arrive we have just discovered, guess what, its cancelled as well.

We had OBC but had paid part OBC part cash for our excursions, there are still two excursions in future ports that might run, though we hold out little hope.  I had better get the refund already due for tomorrow as refundable OBC as I am being told still that will depend.......

So if you really want to see something, don't make the mistake we did...... forget the OBC make your own arrangements.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update our tour was not cancelled due to numbers it was because inside the distillery which was probably 1/4 of the tour is having maintenance tomorrow. No attempt to retain the rest of the tour which was a mixologist lesson or a visit to a plantation house. We are even more annoyed now.....

But working hard on Plan C 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got an email about tour discount it did state for certain cruise.

I still found the prices even at 20% off was outlandish so we passed on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did find out that the Black Friday tour offer is limited to select tours within a certain date range, but not restricted to select markets. The promotional tour pricing applied to all markets and is reflected at check out.

What wasn't across the board seems to have been the delivery of the email I shared. I'm told that is due to current market restrictions. As I said in an earlier post, it would be ideal for all if promotions worldwide were always the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I am still confused...I’ve booked through the Australian “office”. I just called Azamara and was advised that this 20% discount doesn’t apply to the Australian market. I was advised to email the promotion I received to an admin email address but wondering if it’s really worth all the effort. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stella22 said:

Ok so I am still confused...I’ve booked through the Australian “office”. I just called Azamara and was advised that this 20% discount doesn’t apply to the Australian market. I was advised to email the promotion I received to an admin email address but wondering if it’s really worth all the effort. 

Stella, if it helps I can't see any discount for the Australian market either, though I've been told otherwise on here.  I agree such a waste of my time and energy....both I don't have a lot of at the moment...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...