On the Oosterdam until December 14!

canadianbear

Hot day in Puerto Vallarta today.   We are currently sitting on Aft deck, DJ playing music and ship will be leaving  in about 30 minutes.  A couple people missing so hope they show up soon! 

First two photos are from our balcony arriving in PV.

Last two from aft deck-beautiful full moon again.  

0D473CD5-AFCD-44EB-8A2D-89953C429CEA.jpeg

DF35C77F-BE12-4C2F-9928-520DCBE3F05A.jpeg

4D673309-53DB-4624-AEC5-1C65508DAE6B.jpeg

346C6D18-168F-4EED-947E-789D2B026951.jpeg

• Like 1

Food pics are yummy-looking.  Maybe I should rethink dining at Canaletto's during our next cruise.  I haven't made reservations in five or six years.  I read such mixed reviews, but then other restaurants on the ships, except maybe Tamarind, receive mixed reviews too.  Those reviews haven't stopped me from reserving PG.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Food pics are yummy-looking.  Maybe I should rethink dining at Canaletto's during our next cruise.  I haven't made reservations in five or six years.  I read such mixed reviews, but then other restaurants on the ships, except maybe Tamarind, receive mixed reviews too.  Those reviews haven't stopped me from reserving PG.  

We hadn’t been for several years either but because the whole ship was given OBC because of missing Mazatlán we decided to go. It’s not my favourite and I’m not sure worth $19pp.  Personal choice basically.  I certainly wouldn’t say don’t go because you may love it!  

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Our favorite port on a Mexican Riviera cruise for us! What nice pictures canadianbear! Hope you had a wonderful time in PV! Also Canelleto have my fingers crossed that Oso Buco is back and as good when it was first introduced.

Take care

Denise😊

My husband loves Oso Buco and I wish we had of gone the night it was offered but it was also Gala night & escargot won out! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

Not sure if you answered this question already... apologies if you have. What are the times for early and late traditional dining in the MDR? 

I’m honestly not sure as we never do set dining. However looking at the When & Where it says the dining room is open 5:15-9:00pm.  Not sure if that helps or not.  

15 minutes ago, Bemidji Ty said:

Thanks so much for taking time from your vacation to post your review and photos.  We will board her one month from today.  Your review is getting us very excited.  We love these ports.

Cheers

I’m tempted to do this again in late January or February but don’t think I can convince Mr Bear.

It’s been very relaxing that’s for sure-exactly what we wanted.   

5 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

I’m honestly not sure as we never do set dining. However looking at the When & Where it says the dining room is open 5:15-9:00pm.  Not sure if that helps or not.  

If you get a chance could you please find out the actual set dining times? On the Nieuw Statendam right now early is at 5pm.... I'm hoping it's not a fleet wide change. Thanks!

Look what we saw late tonight as we walked around the ship-elves putting up the gingerbread houses!  Tomorrow will be a nice surprise for the kids on the ship (or adults  like me). I didn’t realize they made these fresh every year-amazing.

1F5644C2-C3E3-48CC-A8DB-EEF0E0B2DBCA.jpeg

9BC7102A-E2A3-4C9A-8D2F-CA7076F3C4C8.jpeg

5E850F92-8941-4828-B45E-B4D0C4B8636D.jpeg

9B127C1C-149F-4F40-AA18-65C1957BF9E8.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, canadianbear said:

You are welcome-I hope it helps anyone that maybe is booked but not on their cruise yet.  

Yes, great help as we are on the ship next month and have a complimentary Canelletto dinner as part of our package.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, canadianbear said:

Look what we saw late tonight as we walked around the ship-elves putting up the gingerbread houses!  Tomorrow will be a nice surprise for the kids on the ship (or adults  like me). I didn’t realize they made these fresh every year-amazing.

1F5644C2-C3E3-48CC-A8DB-EEF0E0B2DBCA.jpeg

9BC7102A-E2A3-4C9A-8D2F-CA7076F3C4C8.jpeg

5E850F92-8941-4828-B45E-B4D0C4B8636D.jpeg

9B127C1C-149F-4F40-AA18-65C1957BF9E8.jpeg

Wow! 

12 hours ago, canadarocks said:

If you get a chance could you please find out the actual set dining times? On the Nieuw Statendam right now early is at 5pm.... I'm hoping it's not a fleet wide change. Thanks!

I asked the concierge this morning she said it’s 5:15 and 8:15.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canadianbear said:

So after our breakfast we went to check out the gingerbread houses that they started last night. The Christmas tree also has a topper on it now.

Thank you for the wonderful photos! We will be getting on the ship as you leave on Dec 14! We are also in a Neptune Suite! We cruise often but haven't been on HAL in awhile. Can you tell me if there is bar soap or just body wash? And what kind of coffeemaker is in the cabin and what is the coffee provided in the cabin? And will room steward bring us as many as we want? Thank you!

~Denise

37 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

Another wow!

By any chance have you visited Explorations during the day? If so, have you ever seen cookies up there for snacks? I only visited in the morning when they had mini croissants and biscottis.

We have been up there various times (for my latte fix)...they have had different  things and still the biscotti and what looks like mini muffins.  They’ve also had chocolate brownies (MrBear loved). Evening it seems those chocolates you get in the Pinnacle after supper-the round ones in both chocolate and white chocolate. 

It certainly isn’t like before with lots of variety.

25 minutes ago, Sundiego said:

Thank you for the wonderful photos! We will be getting on the ship as you leave on Dec 14! We are also in a Neptune Suite! We cruise often but haven't been on HAL in awhile. Can you tell me if there is bar soap or just body wash? And what kind of coffeemaker is in the cabin and what is the coffee provided in the cabin? And will room steward bring us as many as we want? Thank you!

~Denise

I’ll try to find out later and take photos. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

Can you tell me if there is bar soap or just body wash? And what kind of coffeemaker is in the cabin and what is the coffee provided in the cabin? And will room steward bring us as many as we want? Thank you!

I'm pretty sure we were given Irish Spring bar soap. The stewards will bring more coffee refills, you can ask for your favorites. I was wondering who brought the coffee though..Is it the beverage room servicing the fridge refills or our stewards??

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

We have been up there various times (for my latte fix)...they have had different  things and still the biscotti and what looks like mini muffins.  They’ve also had chocolate brownies (MrBear loved). Evening it seems those chocolates you get in the Pinnacle after supper-the round ones in both chocolate and white chocolate. 

It certainly isn’t like before with lots of variety.

Thank you! 

@Cruise Suzy, this report comes to you live from some currently on the Oosterdam.