Cruise Critic Community
cruisemeister8

Symphony Arcade and Labadee Coaster

A couple of questions that I don't see discussed much.  Has anyone played in the boardwalk arcade on Symphony?  I've seen plenty of pics and vids, and it looks cool and all, but nobody talks about actually playing the games.  Do you win anything?  Does skeeball or any other game give you tickets like the arcades at home that spill out tickets that can be redeemed for prizes?  Or do you just dump money in for the thrill of points?

And how about the Labadee coaster?  Anyone ridden that?  The sale is really good right now on the coaster and the flight line. We're pondering trying them out next trip. The description of the flight line talks about how you are driven to the top of the hill to ride.  That sounds easy enough. But the coaster does not say how you get to the top.  Assumedly, you walk.  But is it a path? Stairs? Steep?  How far?  Is the hike up worth it for the ride down?  And is it SO fun, that you would want to hike back up to ride down again and again on the all day pass? Or is it a one and done?

Thanks for any insight on the details that are rarely discussed.  I know, it's not as fun as belaboring tipping, drinks, and dress codes, but inquiring minds want to know.

1 hour ago, cruisemeister8 said:

A couple of questions that I don't see discussed much.  Has anyone played in the boardwalk arcade on Symphony?  I've seen plenty of pics and vids, and it looks cool and all, but nobody talks about actually playing the games.  Do you win anything?  Does skeeball or any other game give you tickets like the arcades at home that spill out tickets that can be redeemed for prizes?  Or do you just dump money in for the thrill of points?

And how about the Labadee coaster?  Anyone ridden that?  The sale is really good right now on the coaster and the flight line. We're pondering trying them out next trip. The description of the flight line talks about how you are driven to the top of the hill to ride.  That sounds easy enough. But the coaster does not say how you get to the top.  Assumedly, you walk.  But is it a path? Stairs? Steep?  How far?  Is the hike up worth it for the ride down?  And is it SO fun, that you would want to hike back up to ride down again and again on the all day pass? Or is it a one and done?

Thanks for any insight on the details that are rarely discussed.  I know, it's not as fun as belaboring tipping, drinks, and dress codes, but inquiring minds want to know.

The coaster you get on at beach level, and it pulls you up (like any other roller coaster or a ski lift)...once you reach the top it releases you from the pull chain and then you control the brake and speed that you go down the mountain and get off right where you got on. I enjoy it and it’s a bit different than most coasters in the US since you control the brake and it’s a little cart. If the sale is good I’d recommend it. 

1 hour ago, cruisemeister8 said:

the arcade on allure (I assume symphony is the same) just had several machines where you could try and win prizes and then the machines like ski ball were just to play for the thrill of points, no tickets to trade in or anything.  

also want to add in on labadee, I really enjoyed the flight line. If you haven’t done zip lines before it is quite fun. They get you sized and in a harness and then do a small zip line down behind the beach first, and then drive you up the mountain and you do the big real one. 

@ryanbarckley  Thank you for the descriptions. That is most helpful.  It's a good sale, so I think we'll give the coaster a try for a few spins.  It should be fun after the waverunner (my most favorite!)  I'm sure the flight line is a blast, too.  It's been considered in the past, but between that and the waverunner, we'd put the money and time toward the water ride every time.  Now that the flight line is on sale, wheels are turning!  Hmmm, maybe there's time to do both?!?   And I guess we'll just have to play skeeball for fun!  LOL!  

Its better to the the all day pass for the coaster for the price, we did the first time there  and my kids rode it few times.

GOPR0115.JPG