Cruise Critic Community
Ready 2 Cruise

Coastal Kitchen Not for Jr. Suites - Oasis

I have a friend currently on the Anthem in a JS, he said “Went to make reservations at 5pm the first day and the first 5 days were booked up already. We reserved for day 7 & 9.”

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

I have a friend currently on the Anthem in a JS, he said “Went to make reservations at 5pm the first day and the first 5 days were booked up already. We reserved for day 7 & 9.”

I guess a lot of Ps got in there ahead of them. @twangster didn't seem to have any issues last sailing.

7 hours ago, tomservo said:

15 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I guess a lot of Ps got in there ahead of them. @twangster didn't seem to have any issues last sailing.

Yeah you need to go early to make reservations and JS probably won't get prime time slots.

Repeat cruisers have learned this like your friends have and now make it a priority upon boarding.  

Having said that your friend should drop by off peak and ask if they can fit them in.  Have them swing by at 5:30pm and ask in there is space for that night at any time.  

To work around shows I went earlier than my reservation and asked if they could squeeze me in.  They did.

There were 50 pinnacle on my sailing.  I had 7:30pm reservations nightly.

Edited by twangster

53 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yeah you need to go early to make reservations and JS probably won't get prime time slots.

I was on the Anthem in November in a JS and I went to make reservations as soon as we boarded, I was able to get pretty much every night at 5:30. Then again the ship was maybe half full, so that may have played a part. CK was pretty empty around 5:30.

10 minutes ago, tomservo said:

I was on the Anthem in November in a JS and I went to make reservations as soon as we boarded, I was able to get pretty much every night at 5:30. Then again the ship was maybe half full, so that may have played a part. CK was pretty empty around 5:30.

Your friend may have waited to long

We got reservations at 8 PM for all 7 nights on HM.  They treated us like royalty!!  Great experience.  I think we had about 50 Pinnacles on the sailing but I think a lot of them ate earlier.  

8 minutes ago, SherriZ366 said:

We got reservations at 8 PM for all 7 nights on HM.  They treated us like royalty!!  Great experience.  I think we had about 50 Pinnacles on the sailing but I think a lot of them ate earlier.  

Most are in bed by now😉