Azamara 12 night South Africa???

teacherman

We are in our mid 70s and enjoy cruising for the itineraries.  We have never been to Africa (we did do Egypt and Morocco) and are considering a 12 night cruise round trip out of Cape Town that visits Namibia and then around to Mozambique, with most of the cruise stopping at various ports in South Africa.  We would spend a few extra days in the Cape Town area.  I am wondering if this would kind of be a decent Africa "experience".  I realize there are so many things to do in the African continent, but I could not really find too many cruises offered for this region.  Considering the distance, and cost, to fly there from the USA, this will probably be our only visit.

Just wondering if any of you have done this type of cruise and what your feelings are.  Any information/advice is always welcome.   Thank you and safe travels.

You must ask yourselves....what is it you want to see in southern Africa? Amazing animals? Victoria Falls?  Cape Town?  The dunes of Namibia?
Most of the cruise lines sail around the Southern coastline at the time of year (December to February) when the animals are least active due to the extreme summer heat, but add on trips are plentiful and always available.