hangers?

RAS4331

Have you specifically requested wire hangers?  On our world cruise, the laundry kept sending items back on wooden hangers until the cabin steward told me to request wire hangers on the laundry sheet.  Periodically we’d send hangers back to the laundry to free up space in the closet.

I just got off the Amsterdam and we got our laundry back on wooden hangers too.  I sent the extra hangers back with the basket that the folded laundry came in.

By the way if you ever wondered what HB on the laundry slip stood for, I finally figured it out.  H  stands for "on hangers".  And B stands for "folded laundry in a basket".

4 hours ago, Crew News said:

I can only speak for the Nieuw Statendam when I say that wire hangers are gone.  My Behind the Scenes tour of the Laundry found not a single wire hanger in the entire laundry.

A major issue with only wooden hangers from the laundry is the accumulated wooden hangers now fill one of my closets.

So you are saying, you are a "hanger on"? lol

To reply to my own question, we just got back from our cruise, and we had plenty of hangers.  (all wooden).  I don't see the wooden hangers being a space problem unless you are on a round-the-world cruise or something and take your whole wardrobe!

An added note:  we did have one bag of laundry done for $20, and it was done beautifully.  Next cruise I think I would spring for the unimited laundry package.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RAS4331 said:

To reply to my own question, we just got back from our cruise, and we had plenty of hangers.  (all wooden).  I don't see the wooden hangers being a space problem unless you are on a round-the-world cruise or something and take your whole wardrobe!

An added note:  we did have one bag of laundry done for $20, and it was done beautifully.  Next cruise I think I would spring for the unimited laundry package.

Glad you had lots of hangers-we’ve never had a problem and usually have way too many but I use the drawers a lot too.  I always request the laundry folded-they do an amazing job.

The unlimited laundry is nice especially if you’ve travelled to the port a few days prior to the cruise-often we put laundry out the first night.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

1 minute ago, RAS4331 said:

Thank you, Canadian Bear.  We LOVED our cruise.  I can see why some people take two and three cruises a year.  We would love to do that, too!  (I'll keep buying lottery tickets....)   🙂

Be careful or you’ll be an addict like so many of us on here, lol.