Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
scurrymd

New Diamond members

My husband and I just made Diamond status and I have a question regarding drinks.  I know we have access to the Diamond Lounge and that we have three drinks loaded onto our Seapass card.  Are those three drinks in addition to the drinks at the Diamond Lounge, or are they for use in the Diamond Lounge?  Also, my husband is a Guinness drinker....can he get Guinness with the free drinks?  Thanks!

Three drink are extra to be used at other bars with non diamond frends and famly during the same time as the happy hours . No Guinness

Also, the three free drinks that can be used at bars throughout the ship are limited to the drinks available in the Diamond lounge.  I don't have that list handy but hopefully someone has it and will post it for you.

🙄 Heineken is the draft on Radiance. You might have more choice at the pub .

15753439614215765758592980706480.jpg

Many go to the lounge early for drinks, and carry one out walking to dinner. Then use their 3 seapass loaded drinks during or after dinner as time allows. Then there are those that go into the lounge before it opens and don't leave until they get cut off.  

As has been said, the allowed booze list is pretty basic, so if you are partial to something off the list, its pay as you go or get a drink package.

Next week about this time we will be diamond!  But we won't be cruising with that status until next May.

Thanks for the clarification on how the card vs lounge works - seems clear enough and I'd wondered how it worked.   Are there differences ship to ship?   When using the card does the server bring back a receipt showing zero?  I'd guess it's customary to tip anyway and that can be written on the receipt, signed and returned to the server?

No, they don’t bring you a receipt showing zero owing.  You show your Diamond Sea Pass card to get in, and once you’re in you don’t show your card to get drinks.  Many people carry $1.00 bills and tip $1.00 a drink.

1 hour ago, davelinde said:

Next week about this time we will be diamond!  But we won't be cruising with that status until next May.

Thanks for the clarification on how the card vs lounge works - seems clear enough and I'd wondered how it worked.   Are there differences ship to ship?   When using the card does the server bring back a receipt showing zero?  I'd guess it's customary to tip anyway and that can be written on the receipt, signed and returned to the server?

When you use your card at a show or in other bars there is no receipt given. We usual tip a dollar a drink.  I have much better luck ordering a drink from the bar tender at the bar instead of a server in the bar, I think lots of drinks are pre mixed when ordering from a server as opposed to a fresh icy Martini from the bar tender. Bar tenders and servers are pretty lax about the three drink rule in the bars. Yes it does vary ship to ship, last cruise on Symphony I had a few specialty drinks from Boleros without question. happy cruising,