Cruise Critic Community
ScottC4746

First HAL Short Cruise Worries

I just booked a short four nighter from San Diego to Vancouver stop in Santa Barbara for April 2021.  I hope I didn't book a booze cruise.

I’ve never seen HAL as a booze cruise (unless a 1 nighter).  We’ve done lots of Coastal cruises and enjoy them.  You won’t get the full ambience on a short cruise plus it could be rough seas.  

Hope you enjoy it!

I don't think the repositioning cruises attract boozers (because they would have to find their way home from the distant port!), even if they are short. You're safe!

Booze Cruise?  Think Carnival, maybe.  I've never seen anyone stumbling drunk on HAL.  Not saying that it couldn't occur.  Maybe I've been on the wrong cruises and haven't witnessed it.  Or may it happens after I go to bed.  LOL.

I did a 4-day San Diego to Vancouver last year and would absolutely do it again.  Very pleasant way to get from one location to another.  Met all kinds of really nice people too.  (And none of them were drunk.) We weren’t able to stop in Victoria because of high winds and waves but I’m pretty much a go-with-the-flow type so it was all good.  Enjoy your cruise!

Oh good.  DH and I tend to be on the young side (I will be 55 and he will be 49 for this cruise) but we loved it.  Met a few others our age bracket.  We love the slower pace and leaning toward the older side if you will.

Only drunk I have seen on HAL was confined to his cabin. After his release he was refused all bar service.

11 minutes ago, dillpickle48 said:

Only drunk I have seen on HAL was confined to his cabin. After his release he was refused all bar service.

Wow!  Was he making a scene or something?

No, he was annoying ladies at the bar.  The group he was with were pleased when security took him away.  I think they may have notified security.

I just read there is no Club Hal on Massdam.  I can imagine the running kids now.  Worried.

The Maasdam is an excursion ship more than a cruise ship.  Is that the one you’re on?  I wouldn’t worry about running kids on HAL.  Even if there were a few on board they are very well behaved.