Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Pooter

Nieuw Amsterdam Ship

We are traveling with a group on this ship January 2021. Our rooms are on the 8th level, the pool is one above us on the 9th. Does anyone know if there is noise from the pool, such as, dragging the pool chairs for setting up the day? Our travel agent swears we will hear nothing, but I still question it.

Thank you.

We were on 8th deck on Koningsdam and being the sister ship I would think the experience will be the same.  We did hear at times,  but I will say it was not loud or bothersome.  

I would avoid booking a cabin below a deck such as a pool deck whenever possible.  Whether the Nieuw Amsterdam might be an exception, I don't know, but I doubt it.

The best advice is to book a cabin that has other cabins above yours, below yours, and on each side of yours for hoped for "noise protection".  Many will not book a cabin very close to elevator/stairway foyers because of potential noise.  I have in the past and will continue to do so because I have not experienced any unusual noise issues by being near a foyer.

The N. Amsterdam is not the sister of Koningsdam. The Eurodam is the sister of N. Amsterdam.

Whether you hear noise will depend on the exact location of your cabin, which you didn't specify. Some report some noise aft, but not consistently.

4 minutes ago, Gigi1977 said:

We were on 8th deck on Koningsdam and being the sister ship I would think the experience will be the same.  We did hear at times,  but I will say it was not loud or bothersome.  

Koningsdam's sister is N. Statendam.

You are SO right! 🤣. I saw Nieuw and didn’t read further. . . Disregard answer!