Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
azbirdmom

Best Sale Ever Starts December 11th

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BigJohnL said:

A question for those who have purchased these add-ons to an existing booking, and also have purchased the Princess Vacation Protection: Did the cost of your insurance go up when you bought the add-ons? On my last cruise, I noticed that the insurance costs exactly 8% of my cruise fare. Since folks in this thread are saying that the cost of the add-ons becomes part of your cruise fare, does that mean your cost for PVP goes up by 8% of the cost of the add-ons?

yes - mine went up 8% of 150 = $ 12 … my wife's was still at the minimum of $ 39 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 2:53 AM, Storm Monkey said:

when I call back I will specifically make sure we get the original fare back with the gratuities and OBC remaining in place- if they finally figure out how to let us opt out for the third passenger

 

 

Let me know if you’re successful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/7/2019 at 4:29 PM, azbirdmom said:

 

Yes you can add perks to your cruise by speaking with your TA or Princess on or after December 11th.  But you can't choose which package you want, it depends on the the promo you booked under per the chart below.  Another caveat - this is for sailings April 2020 and after.

 

image.png.65db5d16aacad84e1f684bdc8c814cfa.png

many thanks again to all who have posted in this thread … especially all those that posted these 'codes' and noted the ability to "add-on" these packages to an existing cruise … as I didn't see anything about being able to do that on the Princess website itself..

 

and when in doubt , call Princess or your TA and explain 'exactly' what you want to do … don't automatically take it if the rep states you can't just add-on, you have to re-fare or re-book under the current promotion(s) 

 

and also not our cruise, "GETAWAY" promotion was not included in this chart, be we were able to book, then do the add-on which saved us about $ 500 rather than booking the same cruise, same cabin directly under BSE

 

sunshine , blue skies, and wavelets to all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else having issues with their Princess personal cruise planner not returning e-mail requests to do these add ons?

I realize they are very busy but how many days is reasonable to hear nothing or see nothing changed in Cruise Planners?

Guess I will have to call and handle myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Anyone else having issues with their Princess personal cruise planner not returning e-mail requests to do these add ons?

I realize they are very busy but how many days is reasonable to hear nothing or see nothing changed in Cruise Planners?

Guess I will have to call and handle myself.

When it comes to ANY cruise we book where we lead off sending an email containing an actionable request to either our personal cruise planner or TA, I follow up within the hour to at least leave a voicemail letting them know what we sent them an email. Then if we don't hear anything by the end of the day, I'll call them the next day for no other reason than to make sure they got the email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, voljeep said:

and also not our cruise, "GETAWAY" promotion was not included in this chart, be we were able to book, then do the add-on which saved us about $ 500 rather than booking the same cruise, same cabin directly under BSE

Can't resist saying this, yet again, the chart listing various cruises is only a suggestion. As you said, you were able to get the add on to your cruise even though it is not on the suggested chart. Enjoy your cruise and perks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to everyone who posted all the information about the add ons. I just got off the phone with Princess after a short wait and she added the drink/wifi to our cruise.  Now we have gratuities, drinks and wifi and also kept our onboard credits and same cabin!  It's a win, win!  😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just refared our cruise. We already had BP from Sip n Sail promotion, but added gratuities and internet package plus saved $70 on our fare. Kept same cabin.

 

Question about the gratuities. Where does it show you have pre paid? Beverage and internet packages show up in cruise personalizer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Question about the gratuities. Where does it show you have pre paid? Beverage and internet packages show up in cruise personalizer.

 

Go to the Check In, click on Print Travel Summary twice and it ("Full Onboard Gratuities Included") appears under Special Services.

Edited by capriccio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, capriccio said:

 

Go to the Check In, click on Print Travel Summary twice and it ("Full Onboard Gratuities Included") appears under Special Services.

Thanks this worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Anyone else having issues with their Princess personal cruise planner not returning e-mail requests to do these add ons?

I realize they are very busy but how many days is reasonable to hear nothing or see nothing changed in Cruise Planners?

Guess I will have to call and handle myself.

Unless mine is on vacation, I get a call by the end of business day. Or an email if I contacted her by email. If you don't, change PVP. They're there to make it easier on us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to use a TA discount company that I needed to phone or e-mail to communicate.  It seemed that almost every time I would call his/her direct extension I would leave a voice mail and get no response, the same with e-mails.  It always turned out that that person no longer worked there and I needed to deal with someone else.  I finally got the idea to deal with someone else.  I went to a different TA company...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We added best2dg to our booking and received an additional $100 from our TA.  We now aren't sure how we will spend the non refundable OBC....just might have to buy my DW a bauble or a new ipad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took my TA several calls, before he finally reached a supervisor who knew how to handle "add-ons" to an existing reservation with a casino discount. I don't understand why Princess issues terms, and doesn't make sure everyone knows about them before going live.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:31 PM, azbirdmom said:

 

Yes, I agree.  When I posted that there was a lot of bad information being given by Princess.  What killed my ability to add the amenity packages on to two prior cruises was that those cruises were booked with a casino discount.  No one has been able to get that to work - at least so far.  You can book a new cruise under BSE and have the discount applied to the entire fare which includes the amenities, but as an add on to a prior cruise it's a no go.

 

Julie

See Post #764 from Cinegraphic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

It took my TA several calls, before he finally reached a supervisor who knew how to handle "add-ons" to an existing reservation with a casino discount. I don't understand why Princess issues terms, and doesn't make sure everyone knows about them before going live.

 

Did the supervisor indicate that they would ensure that others would know how to do this?  My TA spoke to several levels of management and the answer was no each time.  I will ask her to try again but I hope that this supervisor shared her knowledge with others so it's not a vain attempt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm curious, where does it say in the current BSE T&C that discounted (casino) fares are exempt? I remember seeing it there once before the sale started (I think), but it doesn't appear to be there anymore, and I checked both the OneSource page (see below) and the BSE sale promotion T&C posted on the princess.com website.

 

Here's the current T&C posted on the OneSource page: 

 

General Terms (applicable to all portions of the Offer) – ONLY available if all guests in a stateroom elect to participate in the Offer. Offer expires February 29, 2020 and is only available to residents of 50 United States or D.C., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Offer and its parts are non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash at any point, and may not be combined with other offers or other onboard credits. Offer’s Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Gratuities are only available on board the ship (not applicable to land portions), may only be used on a single voyage, and expire at the end of such voyage. Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020. If one guest in a stateroom elects not to avail itself of the Offer, the Offer may not be available for other guests in the same stateroom. Offer is only available on cruises indicated as “Best. Sale. Ever.” Cruises at capacity will be excluded. Visit princess.com for full terms, inclusions and restrictions.

*Fares are per guest and apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares are non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Fares and other values quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

†Premier Beverage Package is valid only for guests in a stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book the Best. Sale. Ever. pricing, but will only receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package and will not receive any refund or otherwise for the alcohol portion of the Offer. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

‡‡Wi-Fi included for one device per guest. Wi-Fi details will be delivered to guests prior to sailing or in the stateroom. All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises’ standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change with or without notice.

‡Gratuities valid on select items only and are included in U.S. dollar amounts. Amount of gratuities paid on behalf of guest may vary based on stateroom type. This amount is paid on the behalf of each guest. Gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services.

Offer valid: December 11, 2019 - February 29, 2020 on select cruises sailing starting on March 26, 2020. Call Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS, your Cruise Vacation Planner, or your travel advisor with any questions about the offer. Changes or refunds may not be permitted.

Deposit of $100 per guest is refundable. Full Suites require a $200 refundable deposit per guest. Cruises under 6 days require a $50 refundable deposit per guest. Deposits are required for guests 1 and 2 only.

Reference promotion code: NZ*.

Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please call 1-800-774-6237.

©2019, Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Ships of Bermudan and British registry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm curious, where does it say in the current BSE T&C that discounted (casino) fares are exempt? I remember seeing it there once before the sale started (I think), but it doesn't appear to be there anymore, and I checked both the OneSource page (see below) and the BSE sale promotion T&C posted on the princess.com website.

 

Here's the current T&C posted on the OneSource page: 

 

General Terms (applicable to all portions of the Offer) – ONLY available if all guests in a stateroom elect to participate in the Offer. Offer expires February 29, 2020 and is only available to residents of 50 United States or D.C., Canada, and Puerto Rico. Offer and its parts are non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash at any point, and may not be combined with other offers or other onboard credits. Offer’s Drinks, Wi-Fi, and Gratuities are only available on board the ship (not applicable to land portions), may only be used on a single voyage, and expire at the end of such voyage. Offer available on select voyages sailing starting March 26, 2020. If one guest in a stateroom elects not to avail itself of the Offer, the Offer may not be available for other guests in the same stateroom. Offer is only available on cruises indicated as “Best. Sale. Ever.” Cruises at capacity will be excluded. Visit princess.com for full terms, inclusions and restrictions.

*Fares are per guest and apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares are non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. Fares and other values quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

†Premier Beverage Package is valid only for guests in a stateroom who are 21 years or older. Guests who are under 21 years of age at the time of sailing can still book the Best. Sale. Ever. pricing, but will only receive the Premier Coffee & Soda Package and will not receive any refund or otherwise for the alcohol portion of the Offer. A daily limit on alcoholic beverages will apply.

‡‡Wi-Fi included for one device per guest. Wi-Fi details will be delivered to guests prior to sailing or in the stateroom. All Internet usage subject to Princess Cruises’ standard policies, which may limit browsing of sites due to network security and bandwidth usage. Applications that use high bandwidth may be blocked and offerings subject to change with or without notice.

‡Gratuities valid on select items only and are included in U.S. dollar amounts. Amount of gratuities paid on behalf of guest may vary based on stateroom type. This amount is paid on the behalf of each guest. Gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts, or Lotus Spa services.

Offer valid: December 11, 2019 - February 29, 2020 on select cruises sailing starting on March 26, 2020. Call Princess Cruises at 1-800-PRINCESS, your Cruise Vacation Planner, or your travel advisor with any questions about the offer. Changes or refunds may not be permitted.

Deposit of $100 per guest is refundable. Full Suites require a $200 refundable deposit per guest. Cruises under 6 days require a $50 refundable deposit per guest. Deposits are required for guests 1 and 2 only.

Reference promotion code: NZ*.

Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please call 1-800-774-6237.

©2019, Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Ships of Bermudan and British registry.

 

It's still there at the bottom of this document https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/pc/sales_marketing/PC_BestSaleEver_TA_Flyer_R3_jq-updated.pdf

 

The language is "Gratuities: Gratuities are based on the pre-payment, by Princess Cruises, on behalf of the guest for the suggested gratuities in the U.S. dollar amounts of $14.50 per person per day for Interior, Oceanview, and Balcony staterooms, $15.50 per person per day for Mini-suite and Club Class staterooms and $16.50 per person per day for Suites. is amount is paid on the behalf of all guests in a stateroom only. Free gratuities do not include gratuities added to bar charges, dining room wine accounts or Lotus Spa services. Gratuities are not transferable, nonrefundable, have no cash value and may not be combinable with other select offers or other onboard credit. Combinability: Offer is combinable with Standard Groups (including amentiies and counts toward TCs) and for guests 1 and 2 on existing groups, Cruise Sales, and Casino Discounts, Geo-targeted and recipient-only offers and Captain Circle Launch Savings. Offer is not combinable with any other promotions. e promotion is subject to capacity control and is not transferable. is offer is available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and defi nitions that apply to all bookings. Air & Transfers: e standard transfer program and EZair is available for eligible cruises. Offer Expiration: February 29, 2019 (11:59 pm PST) Promo Codes: NZ*/KZ* ©2019 Princess Cruise Lines, Ltd. Ships of Bermudan and British registry "

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Did the supervisor indicate that they would ensure that others would know how to do this?  My TA spoke to several levels of management and the answer was no each time.  I will ask her to try again but I hope that this supervisor shared her knowledge with others so it's not a vain attempt.

Let me correct myself. We did not retain the previous perks from the original bookings, so although we have the same booking numbers, these must be re-fares. My apologies for any confusion. I mentioned that I had downloaded the original flyer noting the casino terms. I was not aware that the language of the terms has since been changed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ghstudio said:

We added best2dg to our booking and received an additional $100 from our TA.  We now aren't sure how we will spend the non refundable OBC....just might have to buy my DW a bauble or a new ipad.

Can you "cash it out" at the casino or is that only for refundable OBC? 

I have non refundable OBC as well and not sure what to do with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, CineGraphic said:

Let me correct myself. We did not retain the previous perks from the original bookings, so although we have the same booking numbers, these must be re-fares. My apologies for any confusion. I mentioned that I had downloaded the original flyer noting the casino terms. I was not aware that the language of the terms has since been changed.

 

 

Thanks for the correction.  It has been possible in refare situations but your's was the first post that actually indicated that an add-on was allowed.  The terms have not changed by the way, the combinability with casino discounts is still stated.  It's just that Princess is only honoring the casino discounts for new bookings or refares, not in situations when the amenities are added to a previously booked cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would seem that the BSE add-ons are available only for those cruises booked with specified booking codes.

 

Are the casino rates any of those codes?

 

Why are people asking for that which is not included in the terms?

 

Why is Princess expected to enhance the sale offerings?

 

Why is Princess afraid to say "No" to requests that are beyond the scope if the actual terms?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

 

Thanks for the correction.  It has been possible in refare situations but your's was the first post that actually indicated that an add-on was allowed.  The terms have not changed by the way, the combinability with casino discounts is still stated.  It's just that Princess is only honoring the casino discounts for new bookings or refares, not in situations when the amenities are added to a previously booked cruise.

 

I'm actually glad we were able to re-fare instead of using add-ons, it was cheaper in the long-run, but I feel really sorry for my TA. He certainly earned his Hanukkah present this year, and of course, the slightly larger commission.

 

These sailings should prove to be interesting. No schlepping our own wine, albeit  a bottle or two, and no worrying about losing all of my Internet minutes because I forgot to log off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, pms4104 said:

It would seem that the BSE add-ons are available only for those cruises booked with specified booking codes.

 

Are the casino rates any of those codes?

 

Why are people asking for that which is not included in the terms?

 

Why is Princess expected to enhance the sale offerings?

 

Why is Princess afraid to say "No" to requests that are beyond the scope if the actual terms?

because … well , Princess ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Grief! My Caribbean Princess sailing on 11/04/20 is priced screwy. It is offered as both Best Sale Ever and Getaway Sale. 

As an example, BSE price for a Premium Suite is $3,358. Getaway price is $2,218. That's $1,140 off for a non-refundable deposit. I re-fared and saved a ton. Ended up moving from a VS to a PH and saving $430. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...