Cruise Critic Community
Banana15

Celebrity West Side Treasures by Catamaran

Has anyone done this excursion or have an idea of who the excursion company may be? I am trying to determine what the excursion involves since the description on the Celebrity website is super vague. 

13 hours ago, Banana15 said:

Has anyone done this excursion or have an idea of who the excursion company may be? I am trying to determine what the excursion involves since the description on the Celebrity website is super vague. 

It involves a coastal sail, lunch and a swim, likely at Anse Cochon or Marigot Bay.  No snorkeling or swim around the Pitons. 

Possible vendors would be Endless Summer, Carnival Dialing, SeaSpray, Hackshaw's, Exodus..  

What details are you not clear on, maybe we can help?

Edited by reedprincess

1 minute ago, reedprincess said:

It invokces a coastal sail, lunch and a swim, likely at Anse Cochon or Marigot Bay.  

Possible vendors would be Endless Summer, Carnival Dialing, SeaSpray, Hackshaw's, Exodus..  

Thank you! 

3 hours ago, reedprincess said:

What details are you not clear on, maybe we can help?

I am just trying to figure out how the day is typically spent. If it's just a quick pass of the Pitons and then just sailing around or if there are several stops. That sorts of thing. 

5 hours ago, Banana15 said:

I am just trying to figure out how the day is typically spent. If it's just a quick pass of the Pitons and then just sailing around or if there are several stops. That sorts of thing. 

Stop at Pigeon Island and stop at another beach for swimming, likely about 40-60 minutes, tops - not at the Pitons, but a different area either Marigot or Anse Cochon, and  lunch aboard.  It'll likely just be a sail around the Pitons as described, but you can see them for a long ways down the coast and back up.  

On 12/5/2019 at 3:23 AM, Banana15 said:

Hi, did you go on this trip? Any further details. It looks good. Thanks

4 hours ago, Cindy1972 said:

Hi, did you go on this trip? Any further details. It looks good. Thanks

No, my sailing isn’t until March, but we actually decided on Mystic Man tours instead. I believe it’s similar, but not through Celebrity. 

7 hours ago, Banana15 said:

No, my sailing isn’t until March, but we actually decided on Mystic Man tours instead. I believe it’s similar, but not through Celebrity. 

Great choice!!

Hello, we are scheduled to do this excursion on the Summit in February. I thought I read somewhere that there is an opportunity to snorkel if you so choose. Can anyone confirm this? It’s a long tour, 6 hours I think, so it would be nice to have an option for snorkeling at some point.

We are also doing this excursion in February on the Celebrity Reflection.  I will try to post a more accurate description of this excursion.  It states on the Celebrity site that you also sail around the base of the Pitons.  I hope this is true, as that is the primary reason we booked it!  If anyone has actually done this excursion, we'd love to hear the details!

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen problem at excursion desk, Celebrity put me on the wrong excursion (island delights) which i had absolutely no interest in and happily was reimbursed. We paid papa boat tours $65 a person at the pier and we went with 36 other people to snorkel at Anse chastenet and have lunch which was $15 a person. The reef unfortunately is slowly getting worse each time I return to St. Lucia at Anse Chastenet. There's still fish but its slowly dwindling. I really did not like that amount of people but they never stay in as long as us so it was all good.

Edited by jean87510

3 hours ago, jean87510 said:

Unfortunately, due to unforeseen problem at excursion desk, Celebrity put me on the wrong excursion (island delights) which i had absolutely no interest in and happily was reimbursed. We paid papa boat tours $65 a person at the pier and we went with 36 other people to snorkel at Anse chastenet and have lunch which was $15 a person. The reef unfortunately is slowly getting worse each time I return to St. Lucia at Anse Chastenet. There's still fish but its slowly dwindling. I really did not like that amount of people but they never stay in as long as us so it was all good.

Thanks for checking back in. We will probably stick with West Side Treasures. Even if no snorkeling, it goes to the Pitons and also Pigeon Island which looks interesting. Enjoy the rest of your cruise :).

I was curious about this excursion before my 2/8/20 cruise on the Summit and now I have done it so I am posting about it for others.  This was an excellent excursion!!  Really packed in SO much!  The best excursion of our cruise! The outfit that the Celebrity used was Carnival Sailing (not related to Carnival cruise line).  We boarded the catamaran a short walk from the ship.  The crew was fantastic.  I would suggest not doing what we did by sitting in the back by the motor as I could not hear the narrative while sailing along the rugged coast to Pigeon Island.  I wish these catamarans would put a few more speakers in because this is not the first time I've had trouble hearing.  It maybe took about 30 minutes (I did not time it) to get to Pigeon Island and the bay which was was lovely and picturesque.  The boat had snorkeling gear for those that wanted to snorkel off the shore.  You could opt for just hanging out at the beach and/or snorkeling or you could hike on your own on a marked trails.  I would highly recommend the hike up to Fort Rodney!  Be warned it is pretty steep and not that easy.  Would not recommend in flip flops.  I did not have hiking shoes but I had some soled water shoes that surprisingly did the trick.  Once we got to the top the views were spectacular!  One of the crew, Elijah (Eli for short), approached us and took pictures of us together then asked if we wanted to hike even higher up, which we did.  This was rigorous over many rocks and very steep.  Even more unbelievable views from the top!  Since we would not have done this without Eli's help, we gave him a good tip.  The catamaran ended up being there longer than an hour so we even had a chance to take a dip in the beautiful ocean when we got down to the beach.  Then we did a long sail down the coast to the Pitons and had an excellent lunch prepared by the crew. Can't remember what we had but it was great and plentiful.  By now the rum punch was out, very strong and good!  We viewed the Pitons, took pictures, then went to a spot for a swim and snorkel off the boat if you chose.  We snorkeled.  While I was snorkeling, someone named Sunshine approached me in a kayak.  I was confused because I though he was with the boat, but he was not.  He said he would take me to see the fishes.  I held on back of the kayak looking down in the water with my mask and saw amazing fish, schools and schools of them.  Then we picked up my fiance and he got to see too.  I found out later that this guy comes from the village and tries to make some money by giving these little tours.  We gave him some money.  We then sailed into beautiful Marigot Bay on our way back to the cruise ship.  Rum punch flowing and music.  This was such a great tour although I felt like we in particular took advantage of the extra's by taking the long hike with Eli and 'seeing the fishes' with Sunshine.  These guys work hard so I was happy to give them some money for being our personal tour guides.