Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Taclin01

Move up questions

Recommended Posts

I received and email the other day about move up opportunities. It states that they could notify us up to two days prior to sailing. What is the average time frame? The opening bid for a family veranda is 150. As of this morning they have 6 left. What would be an appropriate bid? I also bid more on this room than on concierge. Is that the right way to do it? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Taclin01 said:

I received and email the other day about move up opportunities. It states that they could notify us up to two days prior to sailing. What is the average time frame? The opening bid for a family veranda is 150. As of this morning they have 6 left. What would be an appropriate bid? I also bid more on this room than on concierge. Is that the right way to do it? Thanks! 

 

I have bid a number of times.   The times I have won the upgrade I was informed about 8-10 days prior to sail.   When loosing bids have always been advised at 48 hour prior to sailing.

 

 

Edited by Jim_Iain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To the OP - you didn't state what type of cabin you are in now.  If you are in an inside, you might want to bid with the goal of getting a balcony.  If you are already in a balcony, the concierge might have limited value to you, and in that case, I would not bid on it (you can cancel a bid). I wouldn't pay much attention to what is currently available, because as other cruisers "move up" through suites (or unfortunately cancel), all levels of cabins could open up.  Bottom line, bid what you are comfortable spending on an upgrade and no more, under the usual assumption that you are happy with your original choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an inside room. We bid what we feel comfortable spending on a veranda, family veranda and cc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

I have bid a number of times.   The times I have won the upgrade I was informed about 8-10 days prior to sail.   When loosing bids have always been advised at 48 hour prior to sailing.

 

 

When do they usually do this. We have never been given the opportunity to try since the bid up process started. We have 2 cruises coming up in February in 73 days (Edge) and one in 80 days (Silhouette). We have a SS at the back corner on the Edge at the moment which I am quite happy with down to the large balcony although there are RS and CS available. We are in a CS on the Silhouette and everything above is full other than 1 Penthouse. I guess they will try and get a RS to bid on the PH which may leave a RS open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They usually send out invites about 4-6 weeks prior to cruise.   In order to get the invite you need to make sure you are signed up for promotional emails.

 

You do not require an invite you can simply go to link below or look under the "Hamburger" (Top Left Index) and near the bottom will find Celebrity Move-Up.  

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

 

If upgrades are available you will see a list of rooms you can bid for and for each there is a sliderbar with a Minnimum and Maximum bid.   The bid are each and must be for both passengers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just received an email our move up bid was accepted 8 days from cruise .  Bid was on the weak side for an SS;  originally in a Concierge.  6 SS were still available yesterday prior to our move up.  Inside cabins, I think, usually are in a good position to have bids accepted to verandah or higher depending on your bid.  Good idea not to go outside your comfort zone.  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oceangoer2 said:

Just received an email our move up bid was accepted 8 days from cruise .  Bid was on the weak side for an SS;  originally in a Concierge.  6 SS were still available yesterday prior to our move up.  Inside cabins, I think, usually are in a good position to have bids accepted to verandah or higher depending on your bid.  Good idea not to go outside your comfort zone.  Good luck!

This is good advice regarding not going out of your comfort zone. The sliding scale present on the Move Up offers will give you an indication as to whether your bid amount is weak, fair or strong. Don’t let that indicator trick you into thinking you need to bid higher.

 

We recently won a Move Up bid by offering the dollar amount that was where the scale changed from Weak to Fair. That doesn’t mean you need to bid that amount if it is not consistent with your comfort level, as we have already heard that you do not need to go to fair or higher in order to have a bid accepted. We found out that our bid was accepted 3 days prior to our cruise. 
 

Take a step back and determine how important this Move Up category of stateroom is to you. Remember, if any bid is rejected, you are still going to enjoy your cruise in the stateroom of your original choice.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have an inside cabin that holds up to 4 persons but there are only 2 of us. Are we more likely to get and upgrade if they want our cabin for larger groups? We are on the Solstice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are on the February 2nd Edge cruise (SS2) and received a MoveUp offer email today (60 days +- prior to sailing).   A credit card # was required to make an offer and is automatically charged if and when an offer is accepted.   It’s interesting as there is nothing higher than a Sky Suite available for our cruise.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

They usually send out invites about 4-6 weeks prior to cruise.   In order to get the invite you need to make sure you are signed up for promotional emails.

 

You do not require an invite you can simply go to link below or look under the "Hamburger" (Top Left Index) and near the bottom will find Celebrity Move-Up.  

 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/bid-on-cruise-room-upgrade

 

If upgrades are available you will see a list of rooms you can bid for and for each there is a sliderbar with a Minnimum and Maximum bid.   The bid are each and must be for both passengers. 

I think there is an issue with the UK site as when I click on the link, it starts to show the move up page and then it returns a page not found message.

 

After trying a few manoeuvres on their web site I did get a menu item for move but when I clicked on the link it took me back to the page not found page. getting frustrating!

 

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would bid in the middle if you are serious.  It will be worth it if you are lucky enough to win the bid.  Do not recall if when you bid a meter comes up defining the likelihood  of getting the cabin,  if available.  It does with royal as we bid up a couple of weeks ago for a January cruise.

 

Good luck.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I would bid in the middle if you are serious.  It will be worth it if you are lucky enough to win the bid.  Do not recall if when you bid a meter comes up defining the likelihood  of getting the cabin,  if available.  It does with royal as we bid up a couple of weeks ago for a January cruise.

 

Good luck.

 

Meter only shows weak to fair to "you way overbid"..."likelihood" of acceptance doesn't show....mystery until the end...LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Firepath said:

We have an inside cabin that holds up to 4 persons but there are only 2 of us. Are we more likely to get and upgrade if they want our cabin for larger groups? We are on the Solstice.

 

Depending on your bid, IMO you have a good chance.  Insides seem to be 'lucky' with their bids.  There's an excel spreadsheet link on the CC home page re move ups, successful or not.  Has a lot of info re original cabin and moveup requests. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question. I have an inside guarantee. Made a bid for ov. If that is accepted can I then bid again to try for a balcony? My bid is still pending. 26 days until sailing. Lots of ov available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, healthworker said:

Question. I have an inside guarantee. Made a bid for ov. If that is accepted can I then bid again to try for a balcony? My bid is still pending. 26 days until sailing. Lots of ov available. 

My understanding is that is not likely to work. Better to bid the price on anything that is of value to you (at the minimum bid) and see what you get. Example: $100 for OV, $200 for Veranda, etc. Reach a little for anything that is a priority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mdpa said:

My understanding is that is not likely to work. Better to bid the price on anything that is of value to you (at the minimum bid) and see what you get. Example: $100 for OV, $200 for Veranda, etc. Reach a little for anything that is a priority.

 

put in 2 or 3 bids, 1 for each of the locations they allow, at the same time.  They will only honour ONE of your bids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just was notified my bid to upgrade from aqua class to a celebrity suite was accepted. The aqua class cabin included an OBC and classic alcohol package perks. The current sale price for the celebrity suite includes the premium alcohol package, internet and gratuities. Does anyone know if the perks will be included with the Move up celebrity suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just an FYI in terms of bidding amounts. 
 

There are more and more people participating in the Move Up program. It is important to make your bid more attractive than the others. For example, if you are planning on making a $200 per person bid for a specific stateroom, your bid may be the same as a number of others. Many bids are made in easy round numbers such as the $200 mentioned above. Try submitting a bid for a little over your original planned amount and see what happens.

 

Just a thought. It worked for us.

 

Randy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SIRSONIC said:

Just was notified my bid to upgrade from aqua class to a celebrity suite was accepted. The aqua class cabin included an OBC and classic alcohol package perks. The current sale price for the celebrity suite includes the premium alcohol package, internet and gratuities. Does anyone know if the perks will be included with the Move up celebrity suite.

I don’t think you will acquire the perks package associated with the Celebrity suite unless you had all 4 perks with your previous Aqua stateroom. If you had been successful with a bid on a Royal Suite, for example, you would have been been able to enjoy the perks that go with that stateroom (premium beverage package, unlimited specialty dining, 2 bottles in your room for bar set up and mini bar set up.

 

Your Captain’s Club points will be based on your Aqua stateroom and not the Celebrity Suite.

 

Perhaps someone can correct me if I am mistaken.

 

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Randy is correct.  You will keep what you had, and gain the amenities of the suite - not the current perk booking offer.  The chief amenities of the Celebrity suite, besides the extra space, are Luminae and the Retreat if your ship has one.  

More here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/staterooms/suite-class/celebrity-suite

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...