Signs you aren't on a cruise!

ktbr11crs

I've got my countdown clock ticking down to my next cruise, but it really hit me today that I'm not there yet!

I was in the kitchen cooking (okay, there's the first sign - I actually had to cook something!!) when I heard the TV in another room. I don't even know what show was on, but I heard "Here's your host..." and was so shocked that the next words weren't "and cruise director". It didn't get any better when I had to wash the dishes when I was done cooking. Okay, the cooking and cleaning I'm used to, but I thought it was so funny that I was waiting for the rest of the host's introduction!

Can you relate & what surprise moments have you had that made you think of cruising and looking forward to the next one? 

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

I normally like cooking but this past week it has loomed as a chore for whatever reason.

I have to get up and cook some steelhead fish very shortly. I wish I could just go to the Lido or MDR!

You could always give names to your kitchen and other rooms .

• Haha 2

Crying...our last day of our very long cruise...heading home tomorrow...not looking forward to doing yardwork, laundry, cooking, cleaning, and having to deal with traffic.  Note: Christmas and New Year's is coming up...it will be more difficult to lose the double-digit pounds we've already gained while onboard......crying.

On 12/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, ktbr11crs said:

That's it! I'm naming my kitchen the Windjammer; it's everyone for themselves!!

That is really funny!  

You know it takes me a few days after coming home from a cruise to ask Mrs Ldubs things like "what's for dinner".  Lol

• Haha 1

It’s cold.  I hate cold.

I’m wearing shoes.  I hate shoes

I’m wearing jeans.  I hate jeans.

I’m wearing a jacket.  I hate wearing a jacket because I hate cold.

There’s no beach.  I’m a complete beach bum who loves the beach.

I have to actually talk to stupid people instead of ignoring or laughing at them because I’m back to work.  

I’m back to work.

I’m planning the next cruise.  Or, like today, I’m planning our shore activities since we have three cruises booked in 2020.  

That’s all I can think of.  My wife is an amazing cook.  Contractor takes care of the yard.  My coffee is better than ship coffee, specialty or not.  My bed is more comfortable.  I can watch what I want on tv.  All things considered my life is pretty darn good.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

That’s all I can think of.  My wife is an amazing cook.  Contractor takes care of the yard.  My coffee is better than ship coffee, specialty or not.  My bed is more comfortable.  I can watch what I want on tv.  All things considered my life is pretty darn good.  

Cheers!  🍻