Princess.com

Bgwest

10 hours ago, billco said:

It looks like routine maintenance to me. Why not try being patient. They work on the site every once in a while. Usually on a weekend.

What a wonderfully sweet sentiment. Thank you so very much for being concerned about my state of mind and well-being. 

Given that my initial question on the outage described it as being down since December 2, I’m wondering if my waiting 5 days to bring it up meets your definition of  “try being patient “.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

What a wonderfully sweet sentiment. Thank you so very much for being concerned about my state of mind and well-being. 

Given that my initial question on the outage described it as being down since December 2, I’m wondering if my waiting 5 days to bring it up meets your definition of  “try being patient “.

Not really. I guess you can keep seeking non-existent help here for a problem that most likely isn't going to be solved until Princess gets around to it.

19 hours ago, billco said:

It looks like routine maintenance to me. Why not try being patient. They work on the site every once in a while. Usually on a weekend.

This does not appear to be routine maintenance.  Rather, it appears to be a feature update.  In any case, issues such as these should be caught and, and fixed, during a QA process.  It’s bad enough when untested maintenance updates are placed into production systems, but implementing feature updates in this manner is very unprofessional.  Of course, we, the consumer public, have gotten so accustomed to this type of thing happening that we just assume that that’s the way it’s done.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:07 AM, Bgwest said:

Anyone else having issues with the princess website? For the past several days I’ve been unable to get to anything past the logon screen. I keep getting the “we’re having technical difficulties” screen.  

Yes I also can't get a quote

Yes

55 minutes ago, Momma Mojito said:

Yes I also can't get a quote

Yes

If you aren’t cruising, have you tried to call Princess 800 # for quotes?  From the Coral Princess, it is difficult just to get connected to the 800 number and if you do connect,,  the call has so many break ups the CSR can’t understand you.  

Just now, coo359a2 said:

If you aren’t cruising, have you tried to call Princess 800 # for quotes?  From the Coral Princess, it is difficult just to get connected to the 800 number and if you do connect,,  the call has so many break ups the CSR can’t understand you.  

Interesting you’d say that. Early in the week during a period when WiFi calling worked aboard the ship I did call the 800#. I hit the prompt (#1 I think it was) to take me to the website issues department. 

I inquired about the issue we are having onboard the Coral and asked when it might be resolved. Imagine my surprise when she replied, “what problem? We’ve not heard of any problems with the website”.  

I just shook my head, said thank you, hung up and went about my day. 

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I just go on … no problems … desktop, windows 10, edge

only thing I couldn't get was beverage package cost on a cruise 751 days from now … 🥃

You are able to get pricing for a new cruise booking?  Perhaps the issue is with an IPad as it is not working for me for me.

1 minute ago, jagoffee said:

You are able to get pricing for a new cruise booking?  Perhaps the issue is with an IPad as it is not working for me for me.

yes … it was in my 'saved' cruises, but yes the pricing was there as well

14 minutes ago, welly world said:

I, too, have had trouble all weekend. Checked this morning and now, the same thing. So I tried Internet Explorer (I was using Chrome) and viola! Everything worked!

Same.  IE is fine, chrome is not.  Works from my phone as well.

On 12/7/2019 at 6:07 AM, Bgwest said:

Anyone else having issues with the princess website? For the past several days I’ve been unable to get to anything past the logon screen. I keep getting the “we’re having technical difficulties” screen.  

Yes ... definitely!  I tried it under two different browsers on my laptop ... nothing!

I tried it on my iPad and had success!  I am not techie in the very least ... so this baffles me.  

11 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I just went back in and did a mock booking for a cruise we will book on 12/11 and put a hold until 12/12 on a cabin ...

I cleared my Safari Princess data and rendered my sign in using my IPad.  Now, everything is fine.  Thank you.

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

I cleared my Safari Princess data and rendered my sign in using my IPad.  Now, everything is fine.  Thank you.

How did you do this?

can it be done on an iPhone/iPad?

I’m anything but a techie.