LIVE From the Crown Princess - 10-day Southern Caribbean - Dec 7, 2019

CanadianBurger

9 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

This morning at about 6:50, many guests were awakened by the ship listing to port by what had to be more than 30 degrees. Stuff fell off the shelf above the our closet and the bathroom door slammed shut. I was laying in bed, half-awake thinking “this is odd, we’re at quite an angle and haven’t rolled back. Crash, slam!”  A few seconds later we had rolled back, and I peeked outside, but didn’t see anything. I was planning on getting up at 7 anyway, so I got dressed and went up up Lido. Half of the port side of Horizon Court was blocked off and crew with wet vacs were sucking up water. Some of the other passengers were saying the pool half emptied, flooded Lido and all the water then ran aft to Horizon Court. 
I’ve asked several staff members if they knew the reason for the list, but none did. Passenger speculation runs the gamut from wind to a sudden turn to a wave from underwater tremors (our guide today said there had been a few tremors on Dominica in the past few days). I’ll make some inquiries at the Captain’s Elite Party and see if I can get an official answer. 

We had this happen to us in early November on the Emerald in the Med.....we were hit by a 110mph gust of wind. It took a long time to right the boat, and the HC was a mess. Lots of water flowed out of the pools. I was in the HC at the time in the breakfast line, so really noticed the list when that high up. Sounded like a train had wrecked in the HC Galley..

Edited by chrysalis

3 hours ago, chrysalis said:

We had this happen to us in early November on the Emerald in the Med.....we were hit by a 110mph gust of wind. It took a long time to right the boat, and the HC was a mess. Lots of water flowed out of the pools. I was in the HC at the time in the breakfast line, so really noticed the list when that high up. Sounded like a train had wrecked in the HC Galley..

Oh my how scary.  Was everyone OK?  I wonder if the staterooms under the lido got drenched from all the water.  I would not have wanted to be in the pool or elevator for sure!  

Got the pics off my GoPro, and did a little video editing, so here we go...

Arriving at Champagne Beach.

GOPR1461.thumb.jpg.011490174d76e7f93b4cbbd5a6b8e0c2.jpg

It's a little bit uneven getting down the steps to the beach, which is very rocky.

GOPR1460.thumb.JPG.7ba0fe2644b2eb98fd81fee367750781.JPG

We walked along the beach for a bit to get into the water where the reef is.

GOPR1467.thumb.JPG.49e4a3434cabf5a1fbf30e202cdbc4fe.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CanadianBurger said:

Got the pics off my GoPro, and did a little video editing, so here we go...

Arriving at Champagne Beach.

GOPR1461.thumb.jpg.011490174d76e7f93b4cbbd5a6b8e0c2.jpg

It's a little bit uneven getting down the steps to the beach, which is very rocky.

GOPR1460.thumb.JPG.7ba0fe2644b2eb98fd81fee367750781.JPG

We walked along the beach for a bit to get into the water where the reef is.

GOPR1467.thumb.JPG.49e4a3434cabf5a1fbf30e202cdbc4fe.JPG

Love your review thank you for doing it  🙂

Titou Gorge was the highlight of the trip. 

This is the shallow end of the beginning of the swim. There are steps cut into the side to get in. However, the brave can jump the 20 or 25 feet into the deep part of the gorge. That's in the video...

GOPR1489.thumb.JPG.4feac48564935f752f5ef1b41778f392.JPG

It's also the beginning of the trail up to Boiling Lake, which is a three-hour trip each way, if you're a good hiker. On a cruise ship stop, you don't have time to do it.

GOPR1485.thumb.jpg.b000b99f585f5113b4397668d5751c9e.jpg

The next shots are in the gorge looking up. The sight is beyond words, and the photos don't do it justice. Most of the gorge is about 10-20 feet deep, but there is a spot along the side in the middle where you can stand up.

GOPR1502.thumb.JPG.ee6f53deb9c2c03236a7a93b1cd62e7d.JPG

GOPR1501.thumb.JPG.b1754b69b8962c0c7d6d5adeb5b60231.JPG

GOPR1510.thumb.JPG.54e3a79d1a28b0d8532ba897f9bb7844.JPG

Levi practising his free climbing.

GOPR1508.thumb.JPG.065f7172b72edf6ae6f1ca8c3f276633.JPG

2 hours ago, CanadianBurger said:

Here's a little video of snorkelling... It was sunny when we got in, but started to rain. Best time for rain is when you're in the water!

Simply beautiful! Well done!

I think the universe is trying to tell me to turn everything else off and just run this video on a continuous loop for the rest of my days. Thank you! 

• Like 2

The video starts with another CC member jumping in, Then a POV shot of me jumping in. It was exhilarating! Then comes the swim, and then getting to the  waterfall at the end. The power of the water is absolutely amazing when you stand under the waterfall. Again, the camera doesn't do the experience justice.

• Like 2

Since All Aboard was at 1:30, we just booked a Princess tour to Laura’s Herb & Spice Garden, De La Grenade industries, and the Westerhall Rum Distillery. Our expectations are usually low for ship-booked excursions, and this met those low expectations.

We had to meet on the dock at 7:20 am (otherwise known as the middle of the night when you’re on vacation). The tour was reversed for our bus so the first stop was rum tasting at the distillery. Three busses pulled in at the same time, so the 20 we were expecting on the tour turned into 60. The guide had a mic at first, but then it either didn’t work or he didn’t use it, and most of the people couldn’t hear what he was saying. We looked at some old rusting relics outside, then were all herded into a small building with some old artefacts in some display cases. Nothing overly interesting. Then it was time for the rum tasting. At 8 in the morning. Their 151 proof stuff had the expected kick, and the 10XO wasn’t bad. Mount Gay in Barbados is far superior, both the rum and the tour. When we got back to the bus, we found another couple in our seats who were on the wrong bus, and took five minutes to convince to get off.