On board the Celebrity Edge

zltm089

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Bo...

As always very well expressed,  We had an IV on our first EDGE cruise and managed quite nicely.. We used the IV area as a Florida room or mini wintergarden, and would def book this category again..we liked bed by balc but could do either!  

Not sure why there is so much EDGE bashing,,, We are happy we have many choices on X. My gripe is the tech side..,.poor website, and  too many changing offers!

h - this is what keeps many of us going back to the website, which X wants, to see what is or is not going on and how it will benefit us on booked future sailings!

Marketing, it works, for sure to keep us guessing and searching for better or other deals. LOL

My spouse was not in love with the Tech either because I could make changes without being noticed or seen.... LOL

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Haha 1

Like hcat, we had a sunset verandah...outstanding (with the exception of storage in the stateroom for two females who quite possibly overpacked!!!).  We were in 9309 on the 12/1 sailing, just off center, but a great space.  We, too, requested and received two loungers, which got a lot of use.  Chair hogs, specifically those who wanted the chairs in the water, were out in force...so spending time on our balcony was a great alternative.

Happy Holidays to all...

Susan

Edited by lola2013
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

h - this is what keeps many of us going back to the website, which X wants, to see what is or is not going on and how it will benefit us on booked future sailings!

Marketing, it works, for sure to keep us guessing and searching for better or other deals. LOL

My spouse was not in love with the Tech either because I could make changes without being noticed or seen.... LOL

bon voyage

Since I booked the Apex may 2020 cruise in August there has been 4 price drops which I have been able to take advantage of.  Done many celebrity cruises but never have I seen prices fluctuate this much.  I don't get it.

8 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Since I booked the Apex may 2020 cruise in August there has been 4 price drops which I have been able to take advantage of.  Done many celebrity cruises but never have I seen prices fluctuate this much.  I don't get it.

d - You did get it, the price drops!! 😉

In the past when there were price drops well before final payment, I have usually experienced price increases beyond my original fare AND fully booked ships...

It does work to some degree... to fill ships.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

On 12/22/2019 at 3:29 PM, cruising teacher said:

Happy you are enjoying your cruise.we r doing the transatlantic in October. Do you know where the smoking area are? 

There are 2 smoking areas which I am aware of. Just outside Eden and the other one near the sunset bar. I was told that there was a third one but I didn't bother looking for it.

16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I second that.    I want to meet him in person.   I'm sure our paths will eventually cross.

I met Bo (in person) for the first time outside one of the restaurants, he is indeed a gentleman. All I said was "excuse me, are you on the cruise critic forum?"....and the conversation flowed afterwards. No awkwardness whatsoever. On a similar note, ALL the american people I interacted with onboard were very friendly and had a good sense of humour. Some were quite upfront too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, zltm089 said:

I met Bo (in person) for the first time outside one of the restaurants, he is indeed a gentleman. All I said was "excuse me, are you on the cruise critic forum?"....and the conversation flowed afterwards. No awkwardness whatsoever. On a similar note, ALL the american people I interacted with onboard were very friendly and had a good sense of humour. Some were quite upfront too.

I wish I could meet some of those friendly Americans here on land too!:classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, charlielinda said:

Thanks so much for balanced reviews.  We are sailing on the Edge in two weeks.  I am going with open mind and want to enjoy a new experience myself.  Honestly, life is good and if I’m on a ship ... can’t get better than that.  

Have a great cruise on Edge.  Great attitude! Why worry about what other folks that you don't really know say here?  A cruise is what you make of it.  Enjoy!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 12/24/2019 at 3:25 PM, charlielinda said:

Thanks so much for balanced reviews.  We are sailing on the Edge in two weeks.  I am going with open mind and want to enjoy a new experience myself.  Honestly, life is good and if I’m on a ship ... can’t get better than that.  

Enjoy! ....Eden and the infinite verandas might not be to everyone's liking, but overall it is a very nice ship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, zltm089 said:

Enjoy! ....Eden and the infinite verandas might not be to everyone's liking, but overall it is a very nice ship.

I downgraded from an IV to a normal balcony. Hope I made the right decision.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:08 AM, lola2013 said:

Like hcat, we had a sunset verandah...outstanding (with the exception of storage in the stateroom for two females who quite possibly overpacked!!!).  We were in 9309 on the 12/1 sailing, just off center, but a great space.  We, too, requested and received two loungers, which got a lot of use.  Chair hogs, specifically those who wanted the chairs in the water, were out in force...so spending time on our balcony was a great alternative.

Happy Holidays to all...

Susan

We will be in 9311 in a month...can you tell me if the bed was by the balcony or bath? Thanks!

On 12/23/2019 at 9:08 AM, lola2013 said:

Happy Holidays to all...

Susan

I think we will  be on  deck 9 in an  SV on APEX..center.   Did you hear any music out there or in the cabin?  Was there any soot? ( on deck 7 we heard music in cabin area near the  entry  and bath.. buytnothing  disruptive!)

We  never got around to the outdoor pool on our EDGE cruises...hopefully on APEX!

Holiday Greetings!

On 12/23/2019 at 12:08 PM, zltm089 said:

There are 2 smoking areas which I am aware of. Just outside Eden and the other one near the sunset bar. I was told that there was a third one but I didn't bother looking for it.

That third one was  perfect for us...one flight up from the burger lunch place.  I actually accompanied dh up there... very airy, shade, good views! And he got to enjoy his cigar...without feeling abandoned!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, hcat said:

never got around to the outdoor pool on our EDGE cruises...hopefully on APEX!

Holiday Greetings!

I'll be on the Apex in the Mediterranean May 30 to June 6th. Would the weather be warm enough to use the pool? Was planning to bring swimwear.

On 12/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, IBookHePays said:

We will be in 9311 in a month...can you tell me if the bed was by the balcony or bath? Thanks!

If the same pattern is true like on the S Class ships (e/o bed placement is by balcony or bath), your bed should be by the bath.   In 9309, our beds were closer to the balcony which is what we prefer.,

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 8:17 PM, hcat said:

I think we will  be on  deck 9 in an  SV on APEX..center.   Did you hear any music out there or in the cabin?  Was there any soot? ( on deck 7 we heard music in cabin area near the  entry  and bath.. buytnothing  disruptive!)

We  never got around to the outdoor pool on our EDGE cruises...hopefully on APEX!

Holiday Greetings!

Deck 9 on Edge was very quiet...never heard any music (with the exception of the gentleman next door who sat on his balcony listening to music.  It was not intrusive at all.  I believe he actually turned the volume down when he knew we were on the balcony.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of soot...never experienced that before on an S Class ship, but it was just a bit on the railing.  Not wanting to wait for the cabin steward to wipe it down, it was a quick swipe with a few Kleenex to get it cleaned up.

On 12/28/2019 at 6:22 AM, drakes2 said:

I'll be on the Apex in the Mediterranean May 30 to June 6th. Would the weather be warm enough to use the pool? Was planning to bring swimwear.

We did the Med this past summer...r/t Rome beginning May 29 thru June 7.  The weather was beautiful...it was a very port intensive itinerary but we did manage to put in some time at the pool.

34 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

We did the Med this past summer...r/t Rome beginning May 29 thru June 7.  The weather was beautiful...it was a very port intensive itinerary but we did manage to put in some time at the pool.

Can you tell me what the temperature was like end of May. Our itinerary is also very port intensive with only 1 sea day and was hoping to spend it at the pool.

I always smile a little when I read the remarks and concerns about soot on the balcony of the SV cabins.  We were on the NCL's Norway back in the mid-90's, a 60's trans-Atlantic ocean liner that had been converted into a cruise ship, and if you were ANYWHERE on deck behind the funnels (which was most of the ship!), it would rain soot!  To top it off, the outside seating to the buffet was on the aft of the ship and you'd see soot drifting down onto your food.  Fortunately that was our second cruise so we knew what a modern ship would be like and it didn't deter us from cruising again.

I'm sure if I see soot on our SV on Edge I will have a smile and a memory of cruising on the Norway back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Can you tell me what the temperature was like end of May. Our itinerary is also very port intensive with only 1 sea day and was hoping to spend it at the pool.

High 70s and low 80s...lots of sunshine.  No humidity that I remember which made it perfect.

Enjoy.  

1 hour ago, lola2013 said:

Deck 9 on Edge was very quiet...never heard any music (with the exception of the gentleman next door who sat on his balcony listening to music.  It was not intrusive at all.  I believe he actually turned the volume down when he knew we were on the balcony.

Unfortunately, there was a bit of soot...never experienced that before on an S Class ship, but it was just a bit on the railing.  Not wanting to wait for the cabin steward to wipe it down, it was a quick swipe with a few Kleenex to get it cleaned up.

Edge has modern advanced diesel engines with advanced scrubbers and technology.  Soot is likely kept to a minimum but some is possible.