Jump to content

An Amplified Agglomeration of Oasis Pictures - Post Amplification


twangster
 Share

Recommended Posts

Playmakers.

 

Like Symphony this is outdoors on the boardwalk. 

 

oa_pm-3.jpg

 

oa_pm-4.jpg

 

oa_pm-17.jpg

 

oa_pm-5.jpg

 

oa_pm-6.jpg

 

oa_pm-7.jpg

 

oa_pm-10.jpg

 

oa_pm-11.jpg

 

The "Owner's Box" within Playmakers is available on a reservation basis.  Cost on this sailing was $100 per hour.

 

oa_pm-8.jpg

 

oa_pm-9.jpg

 

oa_pm-12.jpg

 

oa_pm-13.jpg

 

oa_pm-14.jpg

 

oa_pm-15.jpg

 

oa_pm-16.jpg

 

oa_pm-18.jpg

 

oa_pm-19.jpg

 

oa_pm-20.jpg

 

oa_pm-21.jpg

 

oa_pm-22.jpg

 

oa_pm-23.jpg

 

Menu

 

oa_pm-1.jpg

 

Expanded draft beer choices.

 

oa_pm-2.jpg

 

With additional sports content on ships with a Playmakers they have expanded the NFL football broadcasts.  In the past only

two games were shown based on what was available with the standard channel lineup.

 

oa_pm-24.jpg

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Music Hall has two levels.

 

While generally a smaller Music Hall compared to her Quantum class cousins I find the acoustics better.  

 

oa_mh-22.jpg

 

oa_mh-16.jpg

 

oa_mh-18.jpg

 

oa_mh-19.jpg

 

Side alcoves contain some group seating.

 

oa_mh-21.jpg

 

oa_mh-23.jpg

 

The upper rear section has additional seating, a pool table and a bar.

 

oa_mh-17.jpg

 

oa_mh-20.jpg

 

oa_mh-24.jpg

 

The second level of the Music Hall has its own entrance from the aft elevator lobby on deck 9.

 

oa_mh-25.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is the cruise compass from the 1st cruise.  

 

Oasis Western 12-2-19.pdf

 

35 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Does the music hall have music each night?  Does the style vary night to night?  What time does the music usually start?

 

Varies.  Last night was odd because they moved the Journey tribute band from the Music Hall to the AquaTheater then had another band that was playing Caribbean music on the pool deck earlier in the day play in the Music Hall at 11:00pm.  

 

Tonight the cruise compass shows two bands (non-tribute) alternating sets at 8:45pm,  10pm and 11pm.  The venue's hours are 8pm to 1am.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the new water slides block the view from the backside of the Suite Sun Deck.  Also looks like they rise above the suite sun deck.  We spend most our time on the non- bar side of the suite sun deck.  How do the new water slides impact view and noise?  

Fantastic photo's I am sending the link to all the kids so they can plan for Thanksgiving 2021  

Edited by ATSEAMYLIFE
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Here is the cruise compass from the 1st cruise.  

 

Oasis Western 12-2-19.pdf 5.3 MB · 2 downloads

 

 

Varies.  Last night was odd because they moved the Journey tribute band from the Music Hall to the AquaTheater then had another band that was playing Caribbean music on the pool deck earlier in the day play in the Music Hall at 11:00pm.  

 

Tonight the cruise compass shows two bands (non-tribute) alternating sets at 8:45pm,  10pm and 11pm.  The venue's hours are 8pm to 1am.

Thx so much!  Can’t wait to experience in feb!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Looks like the new water slides block the view from the backside of the Suite Sun Deck.  Also looks like they rise above the suite sun deck.  We spend most our time on the non- bar side of the suite sun deck.  How do the new water slides impact view and noise?  

Fantastic photo's I am sending the link to all the kids so they can plan for Thanksgiving 2021  


When I first boarded Harmony that view was a concern of mine.  However it wasn’t that bad. 
 

Oasis is about the same, still a pretty awesome view.

 oa_stsun-18.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm saddened to see how much of Music Hall is now inaccessible to the mobility impaired.  

I often travel with a paraplegic friend in a wheelchair, and all the raised alcoves and the seating along each side are simply not accessible anymore. 

It doesn't appear that the tiny bit of same-level seating is reserved for the mobility-impaired, either, so it will be filled up with "groupies" that want to be right by the band every night.

Shame on Royal's architecture/design team.  Pretty is pointless if it's not also functional.

Edited by brillohead
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm saddened to see how much of Music Hall is now inaccessible to the mobility impaired.  

I often travel with a paraplegic friend in a wheelchair, and all the raised alcoves and the seating along each side are simply not accessible anymore. 

It doesn't appear that the tiny bit of same-level seating is reserved for the mobility-impaired, either, so it will be filled up with "groupies" that want to be right by the band every night.

Shame on Royal's architecture/design team.  Pretty is pointless if it's not also functional.

Interesting point. I can definitely see how this would be disconcerting for those with mobility impairments.  People should have some accessibility to all areas of the ship.   I agree, pretty is pointless if it's not functional.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, legaljen1969 said:

Interesting point. I can definitely see how this would be disconcerting for those with mobility impairments.  People should have some accessibility to all areas of the ship.   I agree, pretty is pointless if it's not functional.


Until you've spent time with someone with these types of impairments, you tend not to even notice them, but they make a huge difference in someone's ability to fully enjoy the cruise experience.  Not everyone is in a scooter or wheelchair because they can walk short distances but not long ones -- some people can't walk at all.

For example, the door to my friend's "accessible" room last week was so heavy, he couldn't open it himself from his wheelchair, and it didn't have an electric opener like the accessible bathroom stall doors (which are super lightweight by comparison).  He was basically stuck inside his room unless there was someone else to open the door for him.

(He could get into the room by unlocking it and getting it ajar, then just ramming it with his chair and pushing his way in.  But to open it from the inside required a hand to hold the handle and pull, and he needed both hands to push the wheels on his wheelchair -- one hand results in going in a circle only!)  

We always have to request a table near the main entrance to the MDR, because the tables are too close together to manipulate a wheelchair between them (I have to roll my eyes at people who complain about their table placement in a high-traffic area or right next to the waiter station -- that's literally the ONLY accessible option we have!).  The Windjammer is essentially inaccessible during actual mealtimes for the same reason, and because the traffic patterns don't leave enough space for maneuvering to the food stations when there are people lined up at the food stations. 

Anyone involved with architecture / design should have to live in a (non-electric) wheelchair for a week before starting every project... the able-bodied take WAY too much for granted.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brillohead said:


Until you've spent time with someone with these types of impairments, you tend not to even notice them, but they make a huge difference in someone's ability to fully enjoy the cruise experience.  Not everyone is in a scooter or wheelchair because they can walk short distances but not long ones -- some people can't walk at all.

For example, the door to my friend's "accessible" room last week was so heavy, he couldn't open it himself from his wheelchair, and it didn't have an electric opener like the accessible bathroom stall doors (which are super lightweight by comparison).  He was basically stuck inside his room unless there was someone else to open the door for him.

(He could get into the room by unlocking it and getting it ajar, then just ramming it with his chair and pushing his way in.  But to open it from the inside required a hand to hold the handle and pull, and he needed both hands to push the wheels on his wheelchair -- one hand results in going in a circle only!)  

We always have to request a table near the main entrance to the MDR, because the tables are too close together to manipulate a wheelchair between them (I have to roll my eyes at people who complain about their table placement in a high-traffic area or right next to the waiter station -- that's literally the ONLY accessible option we have!).  The Windjammer is essentially inaccessible during actual mealtimes for the same reason, and because the traffic patterns don't leave enough space for maneuvering to the food stations when there are people lined up at the food stations. 

Anyone involved with architecture / design should have to live in a (non-electric) wheelchair for a week before starting every project... the able-bodied take WAY too much for granted.

I am sorry to hear that your friend's cruise experiences have been hampered by the non-accessible features of any ship.  I do agree that spending some time in a wheelchair would definitely open up the minds of designers a LOT.  Having been in a wheelchair for only a month due to a non weight-bearing injury, it opened my eyes a lot to how many things are either NOT designed with the mobility impaired people in mind, and how many actually seem designed to intentionally restrict options.  You learn a lot about people too.  It's a whole different world to navigate when you have to do it without the body that most people take for granted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...