Pre- cruise syndrome!

I have pre-cruise syndrome. Going to Florida this week and boarding the Regal next Sunday. In the midst of the chaotic Christmas activites, shopping and cleaning the house for the burglars, I find that my mind has already gone to Fort Lauderdale. I am hopelessly distracted and seeking a cure.

22 minutes ago, Bruin Steve said:

Only a week ahead?  Gosh, I go into this "syndrome" as soon as I get off my prior cruise...My next cruise is still 26 days away and my mind is already boarding the ship and ordering a frosty drink...

Ah yes, I am thinking of my frozen mojito at Coconuts for dinner in Fort Laud.

No wait, I'm thinking about my Tirokafteri at Greek Islands Taverna.......no wait.........

26 minutes ago, Scubadoc said:

Cleaning house for the burglars?  So that's why my wife cleans so well before a cruise!  😂 38 days of pre cruise syndrome ahead for us till 10 day Crown!

Yep, it's like I have to leave the house extra clean.......we always say for the burglars!!

5 hours ago, Clampram said:

Yep, it's like I have to leave the house extra clean.......we always say for the burglars!!

That's what I do! Everything cleaned. Can't imagine coming home to a house that needs cleaned.

Janet

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

Ahh, but there's nothing worse than post cruise depression!

13 hours ago, Clampram said:

I have pre-cruise syndrome. Going to Florida this week and boarding the Regal next Sunday. In the midst of the chaotic Christmas activites, shopping and cleaning the house for the burglars, I find that my mind has already gone to Fort Lauderdale. I am hopelessly distracted and seeking a cure.

Disembarkation Withdrawal Syndrome has a cure it is Obsessive Embarkation Anticipation Syndrome AKA Pre-Cruise Syndrome.  No need to worry, this is just your mind and body healing from your last bout of Disembarkation Withdrawal Syndrome.

Funny Minion Meme About Burglars vs. Messy House

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Disembarkation Withdrawal Syndrome has a cure it is Obsessive Embarkation Anticipation Syndrome AKA Pre-Cruise Syndrome.  No need to worry, this is just your mind and body healing from your last bout of Disembarkation Withdrawal Syndrome.

Funny Minion Meme About Burglars vs. Messy House

LOL!!

Now to add to my pre-cruise syndrome........we found a leaking water pipe in the cellar last night. Have you tried to get a plumber at the last minute??

I need to say a prayer to Our Lady of the Pipes...............help!!

Why is there always something right before you go away? Last time it was the alarm on my stinking refrigerator. Jeez!

10 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Now to add to my pre-cruise syndrome........we found a leaking water pipe in the cellar last night. Have you tried to get a plumber at the last minute??

Why is there always something right before you go away? Last time it was the alarm on my stinking refrigerator. Jeez!

Just turn the water off and hope that your burglar is also a plumber  :classic_biggrin:

19 hours ago, Clampram said:

When we went on honeymoon my wife cleaned the house completely with my assistance.   When we were in Scotland we received a message that we had been burgled.   We immediately returned home to sort everything out.  A shoeprint on the kitchen work surface was the only clue the police could find.  A few days later my wife spotted a speck of blood about 3mm diameter on the bedroom wall.  Police forensics came back and did a DNA but without a match.  Six months later an ex-criminal on parole failed to attend his weekly interview was called in and had fingerprints and DNA taken.  The latter gave a match and he was prosecuted. Key to all this is having a completely clean and dirt free house upon which any burglar can leave clean forensic traces without any traces of bona fide visitors you may have had prior to departing.

Regards John 

As soon as you start cruising multiple times a year (spreaded nicely throughout the year) you won't experience this. We do it once in 2-3 months and the only problem for me is to fit all work (I am in IT and we have production releases) in between cruises. 🙂

1 hour ago, Tatka said:

As soon as you start cruising multiple times a year (spreaded nicely throughout the year) you won't experience this. We do it once in 2-3 months and the only problem for me is to fit all work (I am in IT and we have production releases) in between cruises. 🙂

Agreed.  This is the first year the wife and I have added a second cruise (1 week from today!) and plan to do the same next year with our usual week in the late spring and then a shorter one later in the year.  It definitely helps.  At least reduces the severity of both pre and post cruise.  I still try to soak up pre-cruise as much as possible.  It's much better than post.

I too am getting the "short timers attitude" at work. Last day is Friday for 3 whole weeks! We leave Sunday to Florida. Gonna visit family a few days before our 15 day cruise on the Emerald Princess through the new Panama canal locks.

Dreams of taking naps and sipping drinks and watching the sea go by...

ARE WE THERE YET???? 😄

7 hours ago, Clampram said:

You have an alarm on your refrigerator?  I have to ask why???