"In-Transit" or B2B question in Barcelona

Name Taken

Hello,

apologize if this has been covered - I did several searches & couldn't find any info....

We are booked on the Rotterdam for a 2020 'collector' (back-to-back) cruise.  The two cruises are the 14 Day Iberian Adventure followed by the 15 Day Passage to America (Trans-Atlantic).  We'll be "In-Transit" in Barcelona....... The Rotterdam is scheduled to arrive in Barcelona at 8 AM, Friday, October 16th, and departs at 5 PM Saturday October 17th.  

I assume (yeah, I know.....) that the "Iberian Adventure" passengers will disembark on Friday morning, and that the "Passage to America" passengers will board on Saturday afternoon.  My question is about ion-transit passenger access.  How hard will it be to get on & off the ship while in port?  I can't believe that the gangway will be manned continuously for 33 hours.  Does anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

Phil

It's more likely that disembarkation of the passengers and the succeeding embarkation will be on the same day. How does your confirmation read? That will tell you which day is turnover day. 

Other than that, your turnover day will be exactly like any other port day. You can remain on the ship, leave and return as you please, whatever you wish just so long as you are back by all-aboard time. 

We are booked on the same cruise. Are you planning to return to the ship at 3 am in the morning? The ship will let you know how long and when the entrance is manned. And Ruth is correct, turn-over day may be one day only. Both days are treated like other port days for those who continue the cruise. When returning to the ship, there will be a separate line for transit passengers like you and me. We don't have to get in line with the newcomers who need to get checked in.

We are doing the same cruise. Passengers disembark on Saturday morning and the new cruisers will join in on Saturday.

Yes, pretty sure the gangway will be manned all of the time. Did this about 15 months ago. Partied late on the arrival evening, returned late and didn't bother getting off the ship the next day. Pouring down rain.

We were in Barcelona on a turn around day this summer.  As was stated, for in transit passengers, it is a port day.  A day or two before Barcelona you will receive a letter with in transit cards and information with the breakfast times, all aboard time, and whether or not you will need to attend the muster drill.  These cards along with your cruise card and maybe a photo id will be used to reboard the ship anytime during the day.  The in transit cards let the shoreside personnel know that you can bypass the checkin lines.  However, you will still have to go through the security screening.  The gangway is manned at all times when the ship is in port.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Everyone for your input!

We just got off a B2B cruise (21 Days in the Caribbean on Koningsdam).  We were told that the 'kindergarten fire-drill - zero count' was due to Port Everglades Homeland Security & other port authorities - and that it's done better outside the US.

Actually - While on that cruise, we booked the Baltic Jewel cruise ahead of this one.......... the same stateroom was open & they were offering 'Black Friday' discounts, so, we'll have the same room for six weeks.  I guess that makes it a B2B2B.

Thanks Again!

Phil